Post-Game Talk: Panthers with a Hubie Doobie doo finish, a character filled 4-3 OT win in Carolina

How's the game go in Carolina?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Odd start time regardless of empty arenas or not.

It'll hurt viewership when a majority of people get out of work at 5pm EST. Traffic, kids, dinner etc.. Personally, I don't have time to watch TV till after 7pm. So, I'll miss this game.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

It'll hurt viewership when a majority of people get out of work at 5pm EST. Traffic, kids, dinner etc.. Personally, I don't have time to watch TV till after 7pm. So, I'll miss this game.
I have a PVR, so I’ll be recording the game and watching it after the kid is in bed.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
You would think that this pandemic going on, most teams not allowing fans in the building, that someone would I realize that this is a big opportunity to attract a greater number of fans. Whether it be fans in different parts of the world, or younger fans going, why not have Afternoon games? The team has stood pat on the most part on their game start times, and that just benefits the average fan getting home from work watching the game on TV. Makes no sense!
Especially a team like the Panthers, with a bunch of fans in Finland and great potential in Sweden (to recover the glory days of Johan Garpenlöv and Marcus Nilson, who coincidentally also were both spawned by Djurgården just like Wennberg and Hörnqvist). It seems all the European games (weekend afternoons) are in the Eastern division. What a waste.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The only poor decision was that Duclair didn't clear the zone ASAP when Smith and Maroon were barreling down on him.
It’s always a trade off between clearing immediate danger versus holding onto the puck and making a play. Weegar holds onto the puck a fair bit and does get intercepted. So does Yandle. The only truly safe play is to flip the puck above high stick level if there’s no passing lane. An aerial below a high stick level surprisingly often gets picked off (this is a major development in the past decade plus, players have become good at “baseball” skills).

Given that our defense isn’t great, I’d prefer a few more flip outs to these types of riskier plays, because there’s only a handful each game.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Mock up of Miami Vice style 3rd jersey?
Don't mind it, not over the top but still doesn't make think of FLA hockey with those colors.
Still like the black, red and gold one we mocked up last year.

Screenshot_20210217-112746_Samsung Internet.jpg

Some fancy stats of FLA vs CAR

Screenshot_20210217-112821_Samsung Internet.jpg

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So I’ve been thinking today about the 5 PM start tonight, and how I don’t like it.

Got me also thinking how much I dislike the Carolina Hurricanes.

They were my least favourite Southeast division rival. This new realignment has really brought that back to life in my eyes.

If they take one stupid dive tonight, and the Panthers get called for a penalty, I may lose it. I truly, truly don’t like this team. Might be one of my least favourite teams in the NHL.

And don’t get me started on that stupid game they play after they win on home ice.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
So I’ve been thinking today about the 5 PM start tonight, and how I don’t like it.

They were my least favourite Southeast division rival. This new realignment has really brought that back to life in my eyes.

If they take one stupid dive tonight, and the Panthers get called for a penalty, I may lose it. I truly, truly don’t like this team. Might be one of my least favourite teams in the NHL.

And don’t get me started on that stupid game they play after they win on home ice.
It doesn't help that the Panthers are 13-31-6 at that PNC Arena.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Lundell is kind of a Swedish name, no?
He speaks Swedish as his mother tongue (along with Finnish obviously), just like Borg.

I wouldn't say that to someone who's either Finnish or Swedish .. lol. It might start a fight.
We have lots of surnames left in circulation from the time when we were ruled by Sweden (also neighbouring countries so easy to move these days as well), ignorant kids might find it funny, but that's about it.

I have two cousins that are Finnish Swedes. We use both languages depending on the company, not that I see them that often.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
He speaks Swedish as his mother tongue (along with Finnish obviously), just like Borg.

We have lots of surnames left in circulation from the time when we were ruled by Sweden (also neighbouring countries so easy to move these days as well), ignorant kids might find it funny, but that's about it.

I have two cousins that are Finnish Swedes. We use both languages depending on the company, not that I see them that often.
Interesting no: I assumed because there like fifty vowels in his name. What a country Finland: producing two stars with mixed heritages that will center Florida to the Stanley Cup!

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

not sure if i dislike the canes more or whatever team tavares plays on...but yeah i dislike the canes a lot.

Reactions: Cold Cat

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

So the Finnish men are getting back at Sweden (from all that war time) by luring their women away?
Gotta say, that's a solid plan.

Reactions: MaWa and KW

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Hey all, Canes fan coming here in peace. Was going to let you know that Reimer is likely getting the night off and it's Ned in net but I see that you caught on to that scheme. I think the rest of the lines that were posted in the OP look to be right as it's been working for us lately since the guys got back from COVID break.

Anyway, you all are killing it lately so this looks like it should be a good early bird special type game. Good luck but not too much, especially not to @Cold Cat... yeesh... harsh words man! No more EStaal and Skinner on our team with their bambi on ice routine!

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

Saw a tweet from the Canes side saying this is one of the makeup games after the earlier postponement. It’s at 5 to fit it into the existing tv schedule (didn’t specify either Carolina or FL’s tv schedule).

Reactions: ShootIt

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Hey all, Canes fan coming here in peace. Was going to let you know that Reimer is likely getting the night off and it's Ned in net but I see that you caught on to that scheme. I think the rest of the lines that were posted in the OP look to be right as it's been working for us lately since the guys got back from COVID break.

Anyway, you all are killing it lately so this looks like it should be a good early bird special type game. Good luck but not too much, especially not to @Cold Cat... yeesh... harsh words man! No more EStaal and Skinner on our team with their bambi on ice routine!

Yeah Skinner was the worst.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
5pm Eastern is midnight here. It could work but it's not ideal. Normally I cannot stay up at night because I have training twice a day and need to get work done too but during the homeoffice time I have gone to bed relatively late and slept late.

I think they should offer more afternoon games now when fans are not allowed in most arenas. So it doesn't matter so much for the local fans what time the game starts.
I'm good for afternoon games. I work overnight. :)

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

If you’re promising no more awful dives, then maybe I might enjoy watching this team play more. I do really enjoy Tro.

The memories are burned deep into my soul.It’s not like the Panthers are filled with wonderful winning seasons lately, so that makes those memories even more hurtful.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

Like your team most of the time but not tonight. Tonight you're the ENEMY!!! :mad: :laugh:
Hoping for a good game by both teams (but a win by the Panthers :D )

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If you’re promising no more awful dives, then maybe I might enjoy watching this team play more. I do really enjoy Tro.

The memories are burned deep into my soul.It’s not like the Panthers are filled with wonderful winning seasons lately, so that makes those memories even more hurtful.
But the Eddie Belfour moment was the best. The Canes got the message delivered perfectly (the loss in OT didn’t matter to me).

Now, if Tro starts diving....

Reactions: Pepe Cahones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad