LeBrun: Panthers will consider moving Driedger now that Knight is signed

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
No. I don't think I'd add to Driedger for Timmins. It's fine if that's what COL wants... but no thanks.
Thanks for the feedback. Fair enough. Don't think Avs would move Timmins for a rental backup goalie. Maybe it would make sense if Driedger comes with a cheapish extension, but that would assume that Francouz is KIA and won't be back next season.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Give you Dubnyk and a late round pick for him
tumblr_pdmc76kL8G1xch6xgo1_400.gifv

Reactions: MaWa and DaveG

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Guys are way overpaying for a pending UFA backup(yes back up) goalie

Chicago offers Lucas Carlsson(FLA could use a dman), John Quenneville(for obvious reasons) and a conditional 3rd in 2022 if he's resigned by Chicago

Reactions: LTIR

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Isn't Dreidger a UFA? So they'd have to trade him by the deadline. Are they expecting Knight to step in this year as a backup?
They know they'll lose him either way this offseason, and even now they are moving more to Bob, and you cannot blame them considering they are locked into Bob. Driedger will leave because he cannot get a fair shake there, and so a setup of a veteran good goalie in Bobrovsky and a young back up learning the ropes is the best setup they could hope for.

Keeping Driedger for a cup run might be the best option, or a great fallback. But getting an asset might be smart, especially if they are virtually guaranteed to give Bobrovsky the most work going forward.

Reactions: RattsSSV

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
They know they'll lose him either way this offseason, and even now they are moving more to Bob, and you cannot blame them considering they are locked into Bob. Driedger will leave because he cannot get a fair shake there, and so a setup of a veteran good goalie in Bobrovsky and a young back up learning the ropes is the best setup they could hope for.

Keeping Driedger for a cup run might be the best option, or a great fallback. But getting an asset might be smart, especially if they are virtually guaranteed to give Bobrovsky the most work going forward.

I like the idea of getting value for an asset thats going to leave, I really do. But in this case I think it does more harm than good. You've got a team thats banged up and fighting for a playoff spot. What kind of message does that send, walking in to the room as the GM saying "Hey guys, I know you're working your nuts off to get us in, so I just traded our stud backup goalie for a pick. Have a good one boys." That ain't going over real well when all they're realistically going to get is a 2nd rd pick. I get maybe not wanting to buy at the deadline, but you can't sell when your team is playing that well.

Theres a lot of 1B UFA goalies available this deadline... Raanta, Ullmark, Rittich, Reimer, Bernier, Dubnyk. And who really is looking to buy? Colorado, Philadelphia, and Toronto. Looks like a buyers market to me

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It will depend on how good the offers are. Panthers do have to beef up the blueline so if Driedger can return a 2nd or good prospect, or a 2nd pair dman, it could definitely happen.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
It’s a response to people asking for sandin, we’re not giving up our blue chip prospect
I mean, I offered Sandin, but I don't view him as Lundell tiers. My apologies if that's the view on Toronto; I just thought he was a good late first D prospect (or is that Liljegren?)

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Knight is not expected to help this year so I imagine Florida wants to keep both Bob and Driedger if they plan on making a playoff run, which I have no reason to think they don't. Driedger has been the better goalie and I can see him being the difference maker, especially as Bob has not been consistently reliable over the last two seasons. The offer would really have to blow them out of the water, otherwise they hold on and lose him after this year to UFA.
Ekblad going down and if returnable, likely only late in the playoffs is a reason to think they don't plan a making a playoff run. If they think he could race the timeline and be there for at least round 2, maybe stay with the plan, yet also if they get a piece on D for Driedger, that helps

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
I mean, I offered Sandin, but I don't view him as Lundell tiers. My apologies if that's the view on Toronto; I just thought he was a good late first D prospect (or is that Liljegren?)
Yah that’s Lilly, sandin is arguably our best prospect (solid in ahl, WJC best defence man) but even Lilly is an overpayment imo for a back up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad