LeBrun: Panthers will consider moving Driedger now that Knight is signed

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Figured this would happen. Bob has finally been playing really well, but I hate to lose Driedger. He’s been incredible every time out there. Wish him the best wherever he goes...except when he plays the Panthers.

here’s to hoping Bob keeps it up and Knight is the elite gut we hope he is.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Still don’t see why we’d trade him unless we can get something decent. I still want Knight to get a full season in the ahl first before coming in as a backup. I don’t see Knight getting reps this season. Potentially next year but again I’d rather sign a stop gap backup and let Knight get a season of ahl play.

goalies never get great returns and he’s an upcoming ufa. Don’t see him returning a whole ton anyways. I’d rather keep him for the season in case he’s needed.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Knight is not expected to help this year so I imagine Florida wants to keep both Bob and Driedger if they plan on making a playoff run, which I have no reason to think they don't. Driedger has been the better goalie and I can see him being the difference maker, especially as Bob has not been consistently reliable over the last two seasons. The offer would really have to blow them out of the water, otherwise they hold on and lose him after this year to UFA.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Not saying I'd necessarily do this, but just for the sake of trying to gauge value, would Timmins for Driedger + 3rd work?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Not saying I'd necessarily do this, but just for the sake of trying to gauge value, would Timmins for Driedger + 3rd work?
No. I don't think I'd add to Driedger for Timmins. It's fine if that's what COL wants... but no thanks.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Isn't Dreidger a UFA? So they'd have to trade him by the deadline. Are they expecting Knight to step in this year as a backup?

Reactions: voxel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad