LeBrun: Panthers will consider moving Driedger now that Knight is signed

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
The Panthers would be absolutely stupid to trade this guy during a season where they're actually in the playoff picture.

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
He would be nice on the Avs to get Grub a rest. Seems anytime we dont start Grub its usually an automatic need to score 4+ goals to have a chance to win and even then you see the goalie give up 2 late in the 3rd and not make any saves in the shootout SMH

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Dreidger has as many NHL starts (27) as he does years on this planet, and is a UFA to boot.

I get not trading him, but if he is dealt, Florida fans will be really underwhelmed with the return. He has good numbers past couple years but body of work isn't there.

And oof, that Bobrovsky contract is going to really hinder the organization for years to come....if not for that, they'd probably just keep and re-sign the guy without thinking about moving him.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Is he someone that can play 40+ games next season and beyond? What is his potential?

Nobody knows for sure. He has been very good for the Panthers so far, so I do think he can be a solid 1A for some team. Could be a top goalie, could be an average one, whoever gives him his first big deal will find out. He's an extremely hard worker though, I can tell you that.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
It will depend on how good the offers are. Panthers do have to beef up the blueline so if Driedger can return a 2nd or good prospect, or a 2nd pair dman, it could definitely happen.
As a Leafs fan, I’d do Dermott and a 2nd for Driedger. Could also throw in Andersen, with some salary retained on the Leafs side, if the Panthers want some vet goalie depth for their playoff run (like Driedger, he’s an expiring).

Reactions: violaswallet

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
As a Leafs fan, I’d do Dermott and a 2nd for Driedger. Could also throw in Andersen, with some salary retained on the Leafs side, if the Panthers want some vet goalie depth for their playoff run.
That’s a tempting offer: I think Zito likes Dermottn

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
That’s a tempting offer: I think Zito likes Dermottn
He’s a good young dman. I feel he’s never got too much of a shot on the Leafs, because we’ve always had a logjam on the left side. But when we’ve had injuries and he’s played in the top 4, he’s played well. He’s not passing Rielly/Muzzin though, so he’s pretty stuck on the 3rd pair with the Leafs.

If not for the expansion draft, I wouldn’t want to deal Dermott for a rental, but we’re basically a lock up lose him to Seattle, so it makes more sense to move him. Plus Sandin is a good option to fill his spot, and is nearly healthy again. I do think Dermott could be a legit 2nd pairing dman if given a shot, though - by both the eye test and advanced stats he’s very strong on the 3rd pair.

Andersen was a good goalie for us for years, but I feel the fans and media have turned on him, and his confidence is shot with the Leafs. Campbell has been awesome, but could easily re-aggravate his injury, and if he does, we’re screwed. We’re gambling too much on Campbell’s health right now, would love to acquire some insurance, like one of Driedger, Ullmark, Kuemper or Raanta.

Last edited:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
If we move him I hope we’re able to attach a contract with him, otherwise I don’t see the point in moving him and would rather hold onto him for the remainder of the season. I don’t mind losing him in the offseason for nothing if he helps us now and in the playoffs. Driedger + Connolly/Stralman for other teams goalie (if an upcoming ufa) + pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->