GDT: Panthers vs. Lightning - 12/1/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Lead 4-1.

Lose 5-4.

Reimer must be a popular member of the organization.

Prized signing Hutchinson so good that Booger would rather player J4m35 R3im3r in both games of a back-to-back.

IF Luongo is not in the shape needed to go the rest of the way, the season is over as I have zero confidence in Tallon to suck up his pride and admit that he has not done nearly enough to address the long-term concerns in net.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Reimer didn’t help the cause tonight. The Panthers also had a ton of turnovers compared to Tampa as well. I’m happy they got a point in this one.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Tallon must sort out the goal situation NOW or just throw in the towel on the season

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
There's no point in watching this team until the goalie situation is sorted out.

I get the whole aging thing, but I kinda hate Lu right now for not being straight with management and just retiring so we can all preserve our good memories of him while simultaneously forcing Tallon to address the goaltending via trade RIGHT NOW. Roberto's pride is forcing Reimer to be a No. 1 and thus fu cking everything up.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
That call in OT was horseshit. If you call that you have to call the dive that went with it. Unless Vatrano is the strongest guy in the NHL no way that collision causes that fall.

Oh and Thanks Reimer.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
That sucked but now that it's over, I liked how Tampa played a pressure game. And for the most part, I liked how we didn't seem to give up even though I'm sure they are tired. Kinda weird on their tying goal to see that it was Weegar who goofed and threw the puck in the slot. So uncharacteristic of him. Shooting ourselves in the foot, could have realistically been undefeated on this home stand so far instead of just mediocre.

-ghoste

Reactions: Ratsreign

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I'm happy with the point, but another frustrating game.

- Huberdeau might honestly be the best player on the team right now. Don't flame me. I believe this.

- Petrovic is awful and I want to pull my hair out. I don't have words for how bad his play on that fourth goal was. Weegar made a bad play to start things off but then Petrovic, what on Earth is wrong with this man? What is going through his head? How do you get the puck in that situation and think the best thing you can do is push it back in toward the net? It was completely deliberate. He got the puck and then decided to deliberately put it back in toward the net. Unreal. You can see the cogs grinding in his brain if you get a closeup of his eyes on that play.

- Mike Matheson handles the puck like a live grenade; I still want him fired to Mars.

- Reimer is bad, but tonight in the third period he did make some huge saves. Matheson hands the puck away like it has a new strain of super resistant AIDS and Reimer makes a huge save. Disgraceful of the team to waste Reimer's best period of the season with that horrifying 4th goal.

- I didn't think the call on Ekblad was terrible, they're going to call that... or are they? Because Sceviour took an even worse -- but very similar -- shot in overtime and... yep. Yep. Yep.

- Tampa was taking dives out there. I'd say that I hope the team complains to the League, but everyone knows they don't care. Tampa makes a lot of money for the NHL and Florida does not. I guess that's proof that even a giant trailer park can be a great source of revenue if it gets a winning team.

On a back to back against Trampa, I'll take the point. I'm not happy about it, but I'm satisfied with it. Stay alive.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
.872 by Reiner and we still got a point in the 2nd of a b2b and 14 in 24. Reimer is single handily giving us no chance to win yet we’re .500. Unreal

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
4-1 and knew we weren’t safe. And what a surprise, theycame back and beat us. Reimer blows so hard, good lord. I mean the pp goal to kucherov I can’t blame him, they just have too many weapons on their pp. that’s why it was over in OT too. But there were plenty of other goals where he had ample time to get across, like the Joseph goal. The first goal too. Would rather have a trash can in net

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
When does Luo come back? And why hasn’t Tallon done anything?

Does it matter? "Day to day" prompting the farmhand to stick around for over a week tells us how badly Lu needs to retire. I'd love to be wrong, but Lu needs to accept that his body can no longer handle the rigors. Let the franchise move on.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Guys we don’t need an elite goalie. Just someone slightly below average to bad. And this game doesn’t even make it to ot. Also the refs. Set the tone by putting the whistle away until lol

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Vatrano = Pirri good for scoreing and also takeing stupid Penaltys.
I hope this was now enough of the petrovic try out the 4th time. His defensive play is meh. he likes to play some checks, woooow and what checks those was. ;) Thanks FS-F to show us, what he did one of four times placeing a Check. :D

At least we take a Point, out of this Game. Theme Goalies Starter Back up Bad Injured overpayed, will be one thread latest in the Offseason.

Ekblad before i go after the Refs i would ask vatrano why he must Place his Shoulder on the Chin of the opponent Player Off the play. And those stupidy shows, a bit of Pantehrs Problem. Depth is there, but the Quality is questable, Special the Hockey IQ and Menthal part.
I think Ekblad was "asking" how they missed Matheson being tripped, or how Sceviour getting hammered down with a cross check is let go after they called Ek earlier for a love tap. The refs sucked tonight, even more than normal.
Even so, the Panthers should've won this game.
The could've, would've, should've lament that follows after another game slips away is beyond old.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
No way I'm happy with that point, not when you had a 4-1 lead. I'll let everyone else rip Petro but I did like the hits he was throwing in the 1st. Even though it seemed Tro wasn't himself before he was injured, it sure hurts without him.

-ghoste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad