GDT: Panthers vs. Lightning - 12/1/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Reimer just isn't getting it done right now. This team is not playing that bad defensively. Granted that 4th goal was awful but Petrovic is trash, has always been trash and always will be trash. His movement on the ice is so slow, his decision making is weak and he has literally no offensive game to him so he honestly brings little to no value at all to this team, and he's a right handed shot, something they have too much of already on the blue line.

This kid has 5 goals in 250 NHL games. He's flaming hot garbage. As soon as I heard his dad crying about his son's playing time all those years ago I knew this kid was never going to be anything remotely important to this franchise. He's also somehow playing the 4th-most minutes on this team this season and has ONE ASSIST to show for it in 20 games. Please just trade him, maybe some teams think he's good and we can trade him for a goaltender. If not, trade him anyway. I'd take a half a pack of Sunday morning coupons and 2/3's of a cheesestring and he's all yours. Kid sucks. Just straight sucks and has sucked FOREVER.

Literally anyone, just bring anyone in to tend the net and see how it goes. Some goalies get a change of scenery and embrace it. Lou will continue to dick us around all season as he fights for those records while putting this franchise into limbo over it's goaltending situation. Reimer is not going to cut it so the team needs to find someone to actually compete with Reimer for that 1B role, because if Reimer is not facing any threat of losing that 1B gig then he's going to be there whether we like it or not.

I'm not saying we go get a Vezina candidate, because.... well, that's not going to happen. But just SOME new blood to freshen up whatever the hell is going on in the fogginess that is our goaltending right now and breed some god damn competition among them.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Who cares about the turnovers and poor defensive play, it’s the goaltending that matters.

Yeah. Denis said before the third period that the turnovers were something like 24 by the cats to only 7 by the lightning. It’s pretty amazing that the offense was able to keep up with that.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Really disappointing loss, but they were getting badly outplayed and hung on by a thread just to get it to OT. Take the point and run, get 2 on Tuesday and build from there.

Reactions: Rahooji

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I think Ekblad was "asking" how they missed Matheson being tripped, or how Sceviour getting hammered down with a cross check is let go after they called Ek earlier for a love tap. The refs sucked tonight, even more than normal.
Even so, the Panthers should've won this game.
The could've, would've, should've lament that follows after another game slips away is beyond old.

When you call all Cross Checks like that one of Sceviour, the Panthers would also have a Problem. Cause those kind of Checks you see so often and really rare get a call. But give me all your hate tonight, i can handle it today.I doesnt saw the Matheson tripping or did you mean the holding and when Tampa player put his hands away, matheson falled down, like he did one before. so that makes Matheson loosing his footing 2 Times this Game.

I try to see it fair and clean, sure Refs haven´t their best Game. But put up the Blame now on the Refs, is baddest thing to do. Since we lead 4-1 and can´t drive Home a 3 Goal Lead. After that its quiet clear we have problems.
Like Why doesn Weegar/Kiselevich works out for both Defensman and Petrovic/Weegar not, but we still play with tough Guy hard checking Petrovic.

Ekblad got full of hate of the Call on Vatrano and the loose hit him deep, cause it was a clear win. after 30 Min.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
At least Lu is back on Tuesdsy. But this schedule... their schedule through the 20th is full of elite teams, not sure how they stay afloat unlesd Lu is actually good to go, especially since the Habs have a super easy month

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I'm happy with the point, but another frustrating game.

- Huberdeau might honestly be the best player on the team right now. Don't flame me. I believe this.

- Petrovic is awful and I want to pull my hair out. I don't have words for how bad his play on that fourth goal was. Weegar made a bad play to start things off but then Petrovic, what on Earth is wrong with this man? What is going through his head? How do you get the puck in that situation and think the best thing you can do is push it back in toward the net? It was completely deliberate. He got the puck and then decided to deliberately put it back in toward the net. Unreal. You can see the cogs grinding in his brain if you get a closeup of his eyes on that play.

- Mike Matheson handles the puck like a live grenade; I still want him fired to Mars.

- Reimer is bad, but tonight in the third period he did make some huge saves. Matheson hands the puck away like it has a new strain of super resistant AIDS and Reimer makes a huge save. Disgraceful of the team to waste Reimer's best period of the season with that horrifying 4th goal.

- I didn't think the call on Ekblad was terrible, they're going to call that... or are they? Because Sceviour took an even worse -- but very similar -- shot in overtime and... yep. Yep. Yep.

- Tampa was taking dives out there. I'd say that I hope the team complains to the League, but everyone knows they don't care. Tampa makes a lot of money for the NHL and Florida does not. I guess that's proof that even a giant trailer park can be a great source of revenue if it gets a winning team.

On a back to back against Trampa, I'll take the point. I'm not happy about it, but I'm satisfied with it. Stay alive.
I think Petro tried to give Reimer the puck to freeze but Panicmode kicked it away instead of just putting his glove down over it. Reimer could've put an end to the chaos rather than increasing it.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Lu hamstringing this franchise with his hard-headedness is really affecting his legacy right now. If he doesn't go the remainder of the season+playoffs at nearly elite level at the very least, he can go **** himself, especially if there's any rumblings of him "playing through injuries."

Last edited by a moderator:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
At least Lu is back on Tuesdsy. But this schedule... their schedule through the 20th is full of elite teams, not sure how they stay afloat unlesd Lu is actually good to go, especially since the Habs have a super easy month
It seems We play better against good teams

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I think Petro tried to give Reimer the puck to freeze but Panicmode kicked it away instead of just putting his glove down over it. Reimer could've put an end to the chaos rather than increasing it.

You never give the Puck back to the Net, Ice it. We was learning that shit under Gallantt. But its Petro a Dog from the Doghouse he do what he gets told. When Coach say toughness he makes checks and try to play every Puck. God i really gone hate this Player more and more and also that idiot who brought him back in.

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

23YearsandCounting

Oct 11, 2018
I look st the score and see they lose once again in OT. Then I look how they lose. Really?? They blow a god damn 4-1 lead? Are we joking? When is enough enough??

They need to make a major trade to shake things up. Nothing is changing with this group. Losing culture one day at a time fellas.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
They need to make a major trade to shake things up. Nothing is changing with this group. Losing culture one day at a time fellas.

Enough with this ****. All that's needed is a minor trade, for even a bantam level goalie. The only "loser" is wearing #34.

Last edited by a moderator:

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Also look to Rob Tallas. He is working with these goalies and he should be fired. Reimer and Luongo do the head first dive crap when the puck is coming. Nice guy but he has to go as well.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Now? When did you start watching?

Don't be patronizing to me I'm not a moron.

But this is a guy who won's 40 games with this team in the last two seasons with much better numbers alongside those wins. Something is clearly going on with him right "now", so yes, I stand by my original statement.

If you choose to think Reimer has always been absolutely terrible then so be it. I have 0 interest in putting any effort into that.

Reactions: klabob

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

But this is a guy who won's 40 games with this team in the last two seasons with much better numbers alongside those wins. Something is clearly going on with him right "now", so yes, I stand by my original statement.

If you choose to think Reimer has always been absolutely terrible then so be it. I have 0 interest in putting any effort into that.
I agree. He was perfectly fine last year so can u really blame Talon to expect at least average goaltending from him this year? I don’t understand how he can fall off a cliff like this

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

I mean, why? Dude, get the puck the hell out of there. If he doesn't get his glove on it, sling it around the boards. Something. Anything but leaving it sitting there in the crease and actually pushing it back toward the net.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018

Well, let's start with why he signed here. Was it the urge to join a contender? More like seeing a decrepit Luongo, no goalies to speak of in the pipeline and the least resistance to a starting job (likely same exact reasons Hutch signed here).

So Lu is effectively dead, they make no attempt at bringing Sateri back, Hutch brought in but not actually afforded the umpteen chances Reimer gets and Monty is a looooong ways away....

So what exactly motivates Reimer? Certainly nothing pressing him for playing time. His crease no matter how he plays. Protected in expansion drafts. Never waived. Probably his last NHL contract. Newly father. Waterfront home after years in frigid Canada.

What's to lose? It's all gravy for him.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I mean, why? Dude, get the puck the hell out of there. If he doesn't get his glove on it, sling it around the boards. Something. Anything but leaving it sitting there in the crease and actually pushing it back toward the net.
I'm not saying Petro made a brilliant play, or even the right one, only that a calm and cool goalie would've frozen that puck and bailed his team out of a grave blunder. Reimer could've put an end to the mayhem instead of kicking it back out in a panicky reflex.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Just back from the game.

Key 3 reasons for the loss:
1. Reimer is responsible fully for 2 of 5 and partly for another 2 of 5.
2. Weegar’s unexplainable gift.
3. Referees.

Key 3 reasons for the point:
1. Domingue was even worse than Reimer.
2. #1 x 2
3. #1 x 3

Having said that, everyone knew it wasn’t over at 4-1, because it came too early. Tampa clearly dominated and probably would have won in regulation if the goalies were equal. But Panthers played pretty well except for some gaffes.

Reimer is clearly having trouble with lateral movement. He’s a lot slower than last season.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I left the game @ 4-1 Florida in the 2nd to go play hockey.

Thought to myself. Solid decision because Tampa will surely comeback to win it.

True story.

Glad I left to play hockey instead of watching that miserable, sack of s*** team defend a lead.

Best decision ever. Not getting my time or money.

Suck it Panthers.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I agree. He was perfectly fine last year so can u really blame Talon to expect at least average goaltending from him this year? I don’t understand how he can fall off a cliff like this
Look back at the game log, he was awful in october.898, awful in november .865 great in december .932, bad in january .900, awful in february .854, great in march .941

He's actually having a better start than last season, the issue he's having is that he's playing more so peoplerealizedjust how awful a start to the season he's having once again.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I honestly don’t know what happened to Reimer since last season...even when he makes a save, he looks completely uncomfortable. He can’t track a puck, his rebounds are atrocious and like others have said his lateral movement is completely messed up. On the 4-2 goal and the OT goal, he got across and the puck hit him and then went in. His glove on the first one and his blocker on the second one. He goes down and across and his upper body keeps going forward into the ice leaving the entire upper part of the net open and his arms can’t stay up long enough to make a save. His reaction on the Joseph goal tells you everything you need to know...he fully knows he should be stopping that shot. His SV% is now .895...blame whoever you want, but we ain’t getting a sniff at the playoffs with that garbage, I’ll tell you that for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad