GDT: Panthers vs. Lightning - 12/1/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
So we’ve collected 6/10 points on the home stand thus far. I said we needed 12/16 total, so now we gotta win 3 straight to close it out which we know isn’t happening...I guess 4 more points out of 6 wouldn’t be the worst result.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
On gtg Petrovic wasn’t trying to give the puck to reimer. He was trying to circle the net and ring the puck around the boards but got his stick lifted. Reimer kicked it out front and the rest is history. Also. Bleep you refs.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Before the game I would have been happy for the one point against Tampa. Didn't know we'd be up three and still lose but it doesn't surprise me at all :(

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Look back at the game log, he was awful in october.898, awful in november .865 great in december .932, bad in january .900, awful in february .854, great in march .941

He's actually having a better start than last season, the issue he's having is that he's playing more so peoplerealizedjust how awful a start to the season he's having once again.
Disagree though because last year the Panthers defense was a trainwreck until February. It's league average now and they're still getting the worst goaltending in the league. Reimer legitimately cannot move laterally.

Reimer has the Cam Ward out of positioning style where you think it's a hard attempt but in reality it's a pretty routine save. For example that Joseph goal: cross crease is a million miles away and he's flat on his stomach, most goalies just slide across and save that.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
With how Reimer moves you’d think he’s the 39 year old goaltender on the team. Can’t believe how horrendous he is. Another game, another 3+ goals (another 4+ goals). If scoring 3 or 4+ goals every game is a requirement then this season is toast. And I don’t see him “returning to average”, I don’t see him recovering.

So annoying when Domingue, who doesn’t have good numbers, he actually almost had the same as Reimer so that’s saying something. He played bad today, but you look at his record and it’s actually good. Just like with korpisalo. We don’t have that luxury, we can’t win despite terrible goaltending, we require some decency in net, and if there’s no change, or Luongo can’t miraculously remain healthy AND play well, then this is another lost season like all the rest

Reactions: jvr32

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Who's a realistic option to get now? Howard?
I wish but IIRC it was reported that Detroit asked for a 1st or a quality prospect. With the Pens and Blues looking for a goalie as well the price is high.
I wonder if we could build something around Malgin+pick? Still think kid could become a second line guy but IMO he needs some AHL time and then opportunity. Of course we only have 4th-7th round picks this year (not counting our 1st which could be a top3 pick so off limits).

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Säteri wa stupid to leave us. He should known Luo will have problems and he would gotten a real chance to fight for a starter spot here

Reactions: Ratsreign

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Watching the replay now and the third oeriop it looks like the Panthers are killing a powerplay when both teams are at even strength.

Tampa's forecheck kept the Panthers pinned in their zone and they had no real response.

Coaching issue?

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Reimer was terrible last year too and it was very obvious to some here. His numbers started to get better when the team had nothing to lose. Luongo was much better and some thought Reimer could back him up lol. I don't know what hockey you were watching if you thought Reimer was good.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Petro has to be traded. He is just plain horrible. That could be the shake up the team needs because he is well liked on the team. Also, if Reimer can’t be traded for a. Ouplemof water bottles then send him down. He is beyond horrible.

I blame the goalie coach for his and Luongo’s recent style of face planting and going head first for the puck. Dump Tallas ASAP because you don’t want him screwing with Monty. Bring Monty up and see what happens. It can’t be worse than this. Luongo will be back, until the next injury.

Remove those three people and they should do well

Reactions: pantherbot

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Watching the replay now and the third oeriop it looks like the Panthers are killing a powerplay when both teams are at even strength.

Tampa's forecheck kept the Panthers pinned in their zone and they had no real response.

Coaching issue?
I'll have to peep it again but yeah Tampa's pressure game was there all night. But it did seem in the 3rd like we got some good scoring opps on Domingue but he kept them in it. Think we had 14 shots?

-ghoste

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Coaching issue?
I think this is the normal ebb and flow of hockey. We had plenty of high quality chances and sustained pressure too.

Reactions: harv33173

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Petro has to be traded. He is just plain horrible. That could be the shake up the team needs because he is well liked on the team. Also, if Reimer can’t be traded for a. Ouplemof water bottles then send him down. He is beyond horrible.

I blame the goalie coach for his and Luongo’s recent style of face planting and going head first for the puck. Dump Tallas ASAP because you don’t want him screwing with Monty. Bring Monty up and see what happens. It can’t be worse than this. Luongo will be back, until the next injury.

Remove those three people and they should do well
Yup. Agree with this.

Petro's decline is unfortunate but it's too obvious to ignore. My guess is they like his "toughness" in the lineup and probably has been told to be physical. He's really the only "physical" d-man we have. Those two adjectives are in quotes for a reason. I'm sure a team would happily take him as there are plenty of old school GMs who would overrate him.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Yup. Agree with this.

Petro's decline is unfortunate but it's too obvious to ignore. My guess is they like his "toughness" in the lineup and probably has been told to be physical. He's really the only "physical" d-man we have. Those two adjectives are in quotes for a reason. I'm sure a team would happily take him as there are plenty of old school GMs who would overrate him.
Unfortunately Tallon is an old school gm who probably overrates him. I honestly doubt Tallon will trade him (which is both ridiculous and unfortunate, Petro needs to go)

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Yup. Agree with this.

Kiselevich throws the body around. It's such an obvious switch. You take #6 out of the lineup for #55 and you instantly replace a bad player with a competent one, and you don't even have to screw with the defensive pairings, since you have them both paired with Weegar right now. No brainer.

Reactions: I am not exposed

23YearsandCounting

Oct 11, 2018

Coaching issue?

Culture of losing issue.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I think this is the normal ebb and flow of hockey. We had plenty of high quality chances and sustained pressure too.
No, we were dominated for most of the game. First period, we had 3 shots. If Tampa had done that to us while we got 14, people would have descended onto Boughner between periods demanding Reimer’s head. This thread would have exploded.

Having said that, don’t worry, Reimer sucked anyway. (Domingue sucked more though until the last 5-6 minutes.)

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Also look to Rob Tallas. He is working with these goalies and he should be fired. Reimer and Luongo do the head first dive crap when the puck is coming. Nice guy but he has to go as well.

I always thought Rob Tallas was here because Luongo wants him as the goalie coach

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
No, we were dominated for most of the game. First period, we had 3 shots. If Tampa had done that to us while we got 14, people would have descended onto Boughner between periods demanding Reimer’s head. This thread would have exploded.

Having said that, don’t worry, Reimer sucked anyway. (Domingue sucked more though until the last 5-6 minutes.)
1) he was talking about the third period which I responded to
2) he was talking about it being a coaching issue
3) my reply wasn't about the entire game

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Kiselevich throws the body around. It's such an obvious switch. You take #6 out of the lineup for #55 and you instantly replace a bad player with a competent one, and you don't even have to screw with the defensive pairings, since you have them both paired with Weegar right now. No brainer.
don't disagree but Kiselevich is not going to fight and doesn't play a chippy game like Petro. I agree with you. Petro should be traded

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
I always thought Rob Tallas was here because Luongo wants him as the goalie coach
Tallas was here before Luongo returned, I believe.

Luongo had demanded another goalie coach before they sent him packing off to Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad