Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign KHL d-man Bogdan Kiselevich, 1 year 1-way contract

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
When was the last time an impact defenseman came over from KHL? I guess there's a first time for everything...

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
When was the last time an impact defenseman came over from KHL? I guess there's a first time for everything...
I guess it depends on what kind of impact you mean. If he can stay home and keep the front of the net clear, and break up a cycle by taking someone off the puck that'll be a great impact. He can pass well enough to move it up to the forwards or Matheson (if that's his d partner) & out of the zone. If he does all of those things, I don't care if he ever scores a goal, and I'd be thrilled with a "defensive" d man with a bucket full of "third" assists.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Before Zaitsev, Alexei Emelin came from the K, and had a big impact, literally. The Oilers found a guy too, can't remember his name though. Trymakin got screwed by the Canucks. And left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad