Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign KHL d-man Bogdan Kiselevich, 1 year 1-way contract

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Pysyk about to be shipped out. Petrovic didn't tweak the pronunciation of his name in vain.

Petrovic as a Slavic name should be prononced as Petrovich. So Petrovich + Kiselevich make sense, I'd say.

Him and Gavrikov have been the most reliable pair on Team Russia for last two years.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Petrovic as a Slavic name should be prononced as Petrovich. So Petrovich + Kiselevich make sense, I'd say.

Him and Gavrikov have been the most reliable pair on Team Russia for last two years.
They asked him on the NHL radio on XM and he said her preferred Petrovic (but you are correct; however, his family must have been in NA for generation, so that's why it's pronounced wrong)

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Kiselevich is a decent guy, not sure if he can get to top 4 in the NHL at this stage of his career, being set in the large rink ways, and used to slow KHL game play speeds, but wish him all the best. A right move on his behalf for sure.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So as it stands now

Yandle Ekblad
Matheson Pysyk
Bogdo Petrovic
Weegar

Not sure Weegz can handle second pair yet. Likely no. Neither Pysyk or Petro can handle it also.

Therefore....yep....somebody gots to go.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Apparently he can play both sides but I wouldn't mind seeing him and Petrovic on the bottom pairing and Pysyk used as the trade chip to chase an upgrade at #4 RD or acquire another 1st. Love that we beat out other teams to get him to sign.
Cant see them not playing Weegar as a regular next season, one of Pysyk or Petro is out. IMO

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
McCoshen could also be shipped out and then Kesselfish would just be the #7 guy.

Kesselfish will be in the top 6, he's been one of the top shutdown d-men in tbe KHL the last couple years, and is usually CSKA's blueline leader in icetime. He's been a mainstay on Russian Olympic and national teams. Also several nhl teams were chasing him.

Reactions: Kellyr

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Kesselfish will be in the top 6, he's been one of the top shutdown d-men in tbe KHL the last couple years, and is usually CSKA's blueline leader in icetime. He's been a mainstay on Russian Olympic and national teams. Also several nhl teams were chasing him.

That's fine,

point being this is more competition which is good. McCoshen can go play in the ahl for a year.

Whoever loses the job can go to the press box.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
This is fine but everyone ITT is assuming he's the new #6, how do we know for sure this wasn't DT's top 4 solution?

This is especially strange because if he's not, Florida needs to move 2 dmen...

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
This is fine but everyone ITT is assuming he's the new #6, how do we know for sure this wasn't DT's top 4 solution?

This is especially strange because if he's not, Florida needs to move 2 dmen...

I think he is Tallon's top 4 solution. I just don't wanna jump the gun.

It especially makes sense if we're gearing up to make a run at Kovy, to save money.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I think he is Tallon's top 4 solution. I just don't wanna jump the gun.

It especially makes sense if we're gearing up to make a run at Kovy, to save money.
This would be bad. It would be next to impossible to be worse than Pysyk in a top 4 role but that's a tough task. Medvedev bombed for Philly in a similar situation 2 years ago.Isn't he an LHD? Yandle and Matheson already are. One of Petro/Pysyk get moved and McCoshen gets demoted...

Florida's definitely in on Kovy but you would have to figure NYI now has the upper hand, he and Lou have a good relationship there. We'll see. I still put the chances at 20% or so.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
This would be bad. It would be next to impossible to be worse than Pysyk in a top 4 role but that's a tough task. Medvedev bombed for Philly in a similar situation 2 years ago.Isn't he an LHD? Yandle and Matheson already are. One of Petro/Pysyk get moved and McCoshen gets demoted...

Florida's definitely in on Kovy but you would have to figure NYI now has the upper hand, he and Lou have a good relationship there. We'll see. I still put the chances at 20% or so.

Kiselevich can play either side.

I admit he's unproven in the nhl, but so was Dadonov for all intents and purposes. Although Dadonov did have experience in n.a.

I think Bogdan is going to surprise though.

When was this last reported? According to his agents they have spoken to 8 teams as of 6/1/18 and there will be a few more as we get closer to 7/1.

I have no doubt Tallon would kick the tires but it ain't gonna get serious until 7/1/18 and I think when push comes to shove they won't do a deal with him. Too many negatives on a 2 or 3 year deal including at age 35 if he decides not to fulfill his contract, the team is still stuck with the Cap hit.......$6.25M? :)

Well every team courting him would have to deal with the 35+ rule. But it'd be worth it, with Kovy added the Panthers would be a playoff lock. It's still a bit of a long shot, but it's fun to dream while it's still possible.

It was reported yesterday. I got the facts a little mixed up, it was Dreger not Friedman who reported it, actually Matt Larkin reported it. And we are one of the top five candidates supposedly. It's not down to only five teams.

https://www.tsn.ca/off-season-watch-the-suitors-for-kovalchuk-1.1099678

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
1) People are saying he can play both sides, but pretty much all Euro d-men can "play both sides." I forget the exact reasoning, but some guy on the main boards was telling me about how something to do with the bigger ice makes shooting sides for d-men irrelevant. Plus, the way Russian wingers usually play their off wing. Point is, I think he is slated for the 3LD.

2) There's no reason to have to move any more than one of Petrovic, Pysyk or McCoshen. McCoshen should be in Springfield all next season devouring minutes in all situations. And then Weegar can battle it out with whichever of the Pysyk/Petrovic stays for the 3RD. None of those three are consistent enough that they deserve an automatic 82 game write in, and there is nothing wrong with have a really good 7D. However, being that Pysyk is clearly the most proven (and the highest paid) of the three, I think he would be the ideal one to ship out in terms of our depth.

3) What's with the Red Army jokes? I mean, how many Russians do we even have on the team? Dadonov, Mamin (a frequent scratch), Malgin is unofficially half, Barkov is unofficially half, and Petrovic and Trocheck have slavic last names...we probably have the most of any I guess, but still.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Not entirely true. Medvedev was already past his prime (33yo), both at the KHL and national team level (he had a shocking WHC the year he joined Philly, I think they signing him after that too lol), also he'd never been named to the KHL first All-Star team which is a far better indicator of skill than just making the All-Star game (what Medvedev did many times, including this past season). Kiselevich is way more equipped for NHL success.

3) What's with the Red Army jokes?
CSKA = Central Sports Club of the Army, Moscow

It was basically the USSR's national team back in the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad