Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign KHL d-man Bogdan Kiselevich, 1 year 1-way contract

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
One of Petro or Pysyk will be packaged with a forward to gain an upgrade in the top 6/ or top 9.

Petro most likely IMO.

Precursor move. Nice to see Dale and staff are not sitting on their hands, they are working already towards next season.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I watched a lot of CSKA's playoff games this season and there was one sort of unknown d-man that I really liked on their team, not sure if this the same guy (it wasn't Robinson/Nesterov/Marchenko, those guys I know). That guy had unreal positioning at both ends of the ice, never put his team in a bad spot.

He lead the team in TOI with 20:35 per game (Nesterov 19:57, Robinson 19:37, Marchenko 18:42, Naumenkov 16:47, then there's a 2 minute drop to the next guy). CSKA plays a very disciplined defensively minded game, not that their offense is inept.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
i wonder if this is connected to something more... I wonder what Dale and company think about this draft.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
So, apparently he had "a ton" of NHL and KHL offers; after his first talk with Tallon, he told his agent that we're his n.1 team. Said he's happy that there are Dadonov and Mamin on our roster but that didn't factor into his decision. Very excited to play here.

I like it. Literally no risk, high reward - just 925k for one year, if it doesn't work who cares, if he's good that could help a lot. I was just thinking recently how I wish we'd make these low-risk moves for some European guys; well, this is exactly that kind of a move.

Also, yet another Russian on our roster - does this mean Kovalchuk will now have even more motivation to sign here? :sarcasm:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Who says we don't acquire one more Russian from the KHL? :sarcasm:

So McCoshen is back in Springfield then? If we don't trade one of Pysyk or Petrovic?

I like that Tallon isn't scared to bring over the KHL players, this guy may work his butt off for a 2-3 year deal so low risk and potential decent reward.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I watched a lot of CSKA's playoff games this season and there was one sort of unknown d-man that I really liked on their team, not sure if this the same guy (it wasn't Robinson/Nesterov/Marchenko, those guys I know). That guy had unreal positioning at both ends of the ice, never put his team in a bad spot.

He lead the team in TOI with 20:35 per game (Nesterov 19:57, Robinson 19:37, Marchenko 18:42, Naumenkov 16:47, then there's a 2 minute drop to the next guy). CSKA plays a very disciplined defensively minded game, not that their offense is inept.

Was he #55?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Apparently he can play both sides but I wouldn't mind seeing him and Petrovic on the bottom pairing and Pysyk used as the trade chip to chase an upgrade at #4 RD or acquire another 1st. Love that we beat out other teams to get him to sign.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
i think it would be a mistake to move Petro. he's coming into his own and can play anywhere from 2-6 defensively.

Reactions: Jakeybonz

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
McCoshen wasn't ready and he can still be sent down since he's waiver exempt.

At the very least this is an upgrade on depth. Not sure this changes anything with Petro/Pysyk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad