Post-Game Talk: Panthers Show The Strength Of Family: 5-1 Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
Oh.... I didnt know they did that. Brb buying raffle tickets.
haha yup, ill grab some too.
1651789277631.png

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I hope you are wrong.

Thornton and Horny are great to have around the team. But at this point, actual leaders of this team should be Barkov, Huberdeau and Ekblad. The leadership you are talking about should come from these three in the first place. If not, then this team is in real trouble.
And yet all the evidence points to the contrary. If you watch all or most of the post game and pre game vids like I do(GR/FHN has some great content on this), it's not only clear, but blatantly obvious that Jumbo and Horny are the leaders in the room. Every guy says that Horny immediately changed(created) the culture that's in the room now. He's the vocal leader of this team and knows when to speak up to get the team going, and also how to calm them down. His leadership by example, even in practice, pushes other guys to work their hardest when they see him going 110% all the time. Bruno has said this many times also. It's why this team is now pesky and hard on the puck all the time. They didn't have that identity pre-2021. Jumbo seems to be the guy to keep the team loose and talk everyone up, keep the spirits of the team high. Many guys have also said he's given them valuable advice. Bruno said Jumbo and Horny were crucial in making his transition as smooth as possible. Of course, Barky, Huby and Ek can still lead. Ek by all accounts is a pretty good leader. Barky is and always will be a quiet captain. There's nothing wrong with them getting some help. I said this same thing after the 19-20 season also. They needed help. Zito recognized this right away. Acquiring Horny was as much about resetting the team culture as it was about dumping Math.

Sharksfan66

Nov 4, 2021
I hope you are wrong.

Thornton and Horny are great to have around the team. But at this point, actual leaders of this team should be Barkov, Huberdeau and Ekblad. The leadership you are talking about should come from these three in the first place. If not, then this team is in real trouble.
I think there's something to be said for even the best leaders needing to be seasoned by experience. For example, Joe Pavelski seems to have been a great leader even at the college level, but he really seemed to hit a new level of leadership with the Sharks after the team brought in Rob Blake. To a lesser extend, I would argue that the same could be said of Thornton. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Sharks finally broke through to the WCF (twice) and SCF (once) after Blake came. I look at Blake's time here as essential to bringing out the best in guys like Pavelski, Couture, and Thornton.

Not sure how applicable such a thought is to your big 3 given their age and experience. But I think it can be true to say that JT and Hornquist were key this year AND that the big 3 might be the key leaders after this year-- perhaps this is a transition year like it was for the Sharks in 2010. Though I hope you guys go all the way this year!

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Acciari is somewhat debatable. Luostarinen is definitely a much better player than Thornton. So is Lomberg. The guys have all said Jumbo has helped them tremendously off the ice this season, been great for team morale. He's basically a player/coach at this point, and I think part of him relishes that role. If we go deep, I suspect he'll still get in a game or two.
Acciari is not debatable, he's a better player than Thornton at this point.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Just call me on discord and yell f*** you at me. I can take it.

I volunteered to accept Weegar's seed. I can take a f*** you

Say's Vanilla coke. Literally not even cherry. Jesus

View attachment 541210

Oh God. I always have a terrible experience when Luxmore is the ref.

LMFAO

Ex Washington Capital is a linesman. Yo WTF

Corey Syvret is also an ex-Panthers draft pick in 2007. I remember being excited about him lol.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Acciari is not debatable, he's a better player than Thornton at this point.
Well he said Jumbo's prescence on the bench should play into it. I agree somewhat. But he still leads just by being around the team. He doesn't have to suit up. They are all better than Thornton at this point.

Reactions: Felidae

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
Gm 2 I'll be listening to on the radio as well. I have to cut a lot of grass tonight, so I'll be listening on the radio on my mower.

Last time I listened to a Panthers playoff game on the radio cutting grass?
Last years game 3.
Alright, so now I’m curious. Why must you absolutely cut this grass at 7:30pm tonight? Can’t wait til tomorrow?

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I’m rooting hard for Weegar to succeed. We all know he’s better than what he’s been the last month or so. I’m really hoping the team can rally around him and they tie this thing up and grab momentum going into game 3

I'm rooting for the team to win, but I think at this point we know what we've got there.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
For the sake of all Panthers fans mental health, please win this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad