1651769445825.png

1651768698069.png

vin-diesel-i-dont-have-friends.gif

1651769008069.png

1651769209063.png

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Oilers and Tampa bounced back after bad losses, time to do the same or its curtains. No Tom Wilson, which helps. Fingers crossed for another game of Vezina Bob and that they solved the 1-3-1

Reactions: Vilam

Sharksfan66

Nov 4, 2021
Hey everybody! Sharks fan here. I'm pulling for you guys like I think a lot of us are, in hopes to see Jumbo finally lift Lord Stanley. I know he isn't what he used to be, even in his final years in SJ, but still surprised to see he didn't play game 1.

For all the tin man jokes, I watched the guy give it all for a lot of great playoff runs here and I guess I'm surprised to see someone with so much playoff experience not draw in on the 4th line tonight. Maybe I'm old school but I would think his contribution on the bench is probably worth more than whatever guys like Acciari or even Ludstarinen are providing on the ice. Is he that cooked?

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Oilers and Tampa bounced back after bad losses, time to do the same or its curtains. No Tom Wilson, which helps. Fingers crossed for another game of Vezina Bob and that they solved the 1-3-1
They started double shifting Ovechkin in the second period as well. That won't be able to maintain all series long, he'll run out of gas.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Hey everybody! Sharks fan here. I'm pulling for you guys like I think a lot of us are, in hopes to see Jumbo finally lift Lord Stanley. I know he isn't what he used to be, even in his final years in SJ, but still surprised to see he didn't play game 1.

For all the tin man jokes, I watched the guy give it all for a lot of great playoff runs here and I guess I'm surprised to see someone with so much playoff experience not draw in on the 4th line tonight. Maybe I'm old school but I would think his contribution on the bench is probably worth more than whatever guys like Acciari or even Ludstarinen are providing on the ice. Is he that cooked?
Acciari is somewhat debatable. Luostarinen is definitely a much better player than Thornton. So is Lomberg. The guys have all said Jumbo has helped them tremendously off the ice this season, been great for team morale. He's basically a player/coach at this point, and I think part of him relishes that role. If we go deep, I suspect he'll still get in a game or two.

Reactions: Dutch Panther

Kuz

May 11, 2015
They started double shifting Ovechkin in the second period as well. That won't be able to maintain all series long, he'll run out of gas.
Ovi only played 17:36 and 7th among Caps forwards. So he played a lot less than what could be expected Even with 12 forwards. It was mostly Oshie, Sheary and Mantha who played a lot more than usual.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Anything less than a dominant victory will be unacceptable. How many individual errors will we make tonight? How many high quality scoring chances will we give up?

Reactions: batting1k

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Ovi only played 17:36 and 7th among Caps forwards. So he played a lot less than what could be expected Even with 12 forwards. It was mostly Oshie, Sheary and Mantha who played a lot more than usual.
Well there you go.
I thought his TOI would have been higher.
Maybe he was getting double shifted because of PP's. I was just listening on the radio, so I only know so much.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I thought we looked really nervous in game 1, like the team had major jitters and were squeezing their sticks hardcore. I want to see them approach this game with the same swagger they had in the regular season. Yes, the playoffs are a different animal, but we're still the Florida f***ing Panthers - we still had a historic offense this year, never lost at home and had the ability to roll 4 lines, totally dominate teams and practically score at will. THAT'S the club that MUST show up immediately for us to be successful. These guys need to remember who the f*** they are and go play their brand of hockey. Let's go.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It's interesting to me that Bruno seems to be married to Luostarinen being in the lineup. I'm not saying he doesnt deserve to be. But I would have guessed he would sit for Acciari and not Lomberg

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
My apologies boys and girls for my posts and reactions the other night. I had wayyyyy too many beers and a lot of anger with that game.

I’m feeling good about this game. Don’t let me down Brunette and Weegar, and the team as well. if I promise not to critique you Brunette and Weegar do you promise to coach a lot better and not make dumb mistakes by either of you?

22 years of being a season ticket holder and living through some bad times at the arena, as well as the frustration from that game, got to me.

It's interesting to me that Bruno seems to be married to Luostarinen being in the lineup. I'm not saying he doesnt deserve to be. But I would have guessed he would sit for Acciari and not Lomberg
Lombo was invisible the other night. Probably still feeling the affects of the prior injury.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
My apologies boys and girls for my posts and reactions the other night. I had wayyyyy too many beers and a lot of anger with that game.

I’m feeling good about this game. Don’t let me down Brunette and Weegar, and the team as well. if I promise not to critique you Brunette and Weegar do you promise to coach a lot better and not make dumb mistakes by either of you?

22 years of being a season ticket holder and living through some bad times at the arena, as well as the frustration from that game, got to me.

Lombo was invisible the other night. Probably still feeling the affects of the prior injury.
Becoming a father helped Bob.

Looks like it's the opposite for Lombo lol

• Haha
Reactions: MaWa and wampa13jku

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Last game just started horribly and probably destroyed any momentum they wanted to build from the onset. We committed a penalty 49 seconds into the damn game, and then got a delay of game shortly after for an early 2man advantage that we had to kill and they go ahead and score right as the second one expires. That’s just a shitty start. Set the tone early tonight, build some momentum early

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

If there has been one iteration of the Panthers we can all get behind in 30 years, it's this one.

We will see early the mindset of the boys.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Last game just started horribly and probably destroyed any momentum they wanted to build from the onset. We committed a penalty 49 seconds into the damn game, and then got a delay of game shortly after for an early 2man advantage that we had to kill and they go ahead and score right as the second one expires. That’s just a shitty start. Set the tone early tonight, build some momentum early
Actually they gave Wilson a PP goal on the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->