Weekes: Panthers pushing for Hanifin

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I have no doubt in my mind most of the players in this poker game have already shown their hands.

The Flames know what they have to choose from, the major sticking point is Hanafin and his willingness to sign a new deal.
A lot can change is 6 days

Reactions: Mase

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
If I am Conroy I am pushing back for Carter Verhaeghe, even if Flames need to add.
IMG_3500.jpeg

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Hanifins camp leaking this for sure, trying to push Tampa into making a deal for him, I can't see Fla fitting in Hanifins salary with there big 3 pending FA's.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
So, do the Panthers still pony up if it’s known he wants to join the Lightning?
Pony up what?

They literally have no assets(draft pick wise) and very few top end prospects they are willing to part with or that Calgary would/should want.

I just can't see a scenario in which Zito parts with a top six forward or a top four D as part of the deal(at least not a top 4 D The Flames would want). It would tourque off a team that is kinda humming along like a machine ATM and it would be beyond stupid to mess with that chemistry, IMO.

I mean, I guess if Hanafin has them over a barrel ala the Claude Giroux situation from a couple of years ago with Florida, Calgary does what they have to do, but I see no indication of that.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Lundell is the only way I find it appealing to deal Hanifin to Florida. Maybe if Florida could snag another center/forward elsewhere to take Lundell’s spot it could work but as of right now they’re probably happy with their lineup.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Kevin Weaks

WikiWeaks
Pony up what?

They literally have no assets(draft pick wise) and very few top end prospects they are willing to part with or that Calgary would/should want.

I just can't see a scenario in which Zito parts with a top six forward or a top four D as part of the deal(at least not a top 4 D The Flames would want). It would tourque off a team that is kinda humming along like a machine ATM and it would be beyond stupid to mess with that chemistry, IMO.

I mean, I guess if Hanafin has them over a barrel ala the Claude Giroux situation from a couple of years ago with Florida, Calgary does what they have to do, but I see no indication of that.

All I've heard from insiders (Seravalli) saying they could put together the best package for him. But if you put it that way...

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
If I am Conroy I am pushing back for Carter Verhaeghe, even if Flames need to add.

Bill Zito once traded a first round pick for a rental of Ben Chiarot, which was really stupid, but I don't think he's a straight up moron.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Doesnt make much sense, our D is pretty good enough to not waste what tiny draft capital we have., especially for a dude we may not even keep next year (Like Giroux). We really need another top 9 scorer.
agree...he's a luxury not a need

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
This move makes no sense to me. Why would we be pushing for Hanifin? Zito better not be giving up any little assets we have Hanifin. Who we do not need. I don't like his giving away assets like candy.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I feel like Samoskevich is being overlooked by Flames fans.

Knight is also a wildcard in all of this, none of us have any idea how he's valued any more.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So, do the Panthers still pony up if it’s known he wants to join the Lightning?

Tampa sounds like a weird preferred destination, they are at the end of their run and Hanifin would go there just based on the past& not what’s coming up

Reactions: BHD

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Tampa sounds like a weird preferred destination, they are at the end of their run and Hanifin would go there just based on the past& not what’s coming up
Hedman isn’t getting any younger. Could definitely see him and Sergachev as a future top pairing. Lightning could also likely lock him up at 7m x 8.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
FLA will have to be very careful not to upset the chemistry of their first place club. They could very well make it to the finals.

Trouble is they don't have much draft capital and their farm team really doesn't have much to offer in the way of "A" prospects.

This suggests to me that they might be all in and prepared to part with the minimal number of players necessary to get someone of Hanifin's quality. Especially if their arch rivals are sniffing around as well.

I think they may part with Eetu Luostarinen, Brandon Montour, 2024 3rd, 2025 2nd or something along those lines.

Whatever they do, there are other reports out there (Nick Kypreos) that BOS is close to a deal involving Grzelcyk, Poitras, and Merkulov for an extended Hanifin (7.5 x 8).

Personally I expect something to go down before the Flames play Florida and Tampa Bay next week.

Where did Kypreos state that return? I saw he was talking about Boston making a push here, but I missed anything about a return.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Hedman isn’t getting any younger. Could definitely see him and Sergachev as a future top pairing. Lightning could also likely lock him up at 7m x 8.

I can see it why Tampa would want it, not why Tampa would be the #1 destination for Hanifin

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I can see it why Tampa would want it, not why Tampa would be the #1 destination for Hanifin
I don't get this either. Team is def on the downswing (at least from where they were at their peak). However, the city does rule. So there is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad