OT: Panthers Lounge the Sixth - We Talk About Games & Stuff

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
New NHL 19 Tuners out (or coming out)

• Poke checks now need to get a slightly larger piece of the player to cause them to trip
  • Increase to pokecheck accuracy when poking to ideal angles
  • Additional tuning for how goalies read the future puck position/potential shot position on dekes
  • Added consistency for user goalies to transition to post hug at extreme facing directions
  • Tuning for goalies commitment logic when considering dropping to butterfly
  • Decreased team energy gain off whistles – was allowing 1st and 2nd lines to be put out more often than intended
  • AI goalies are more likely to come out to play the puck on long dump ins
  • Players are now unable to drop their stick in Ones

This should appease all the trip spammers.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
New NHL 19 Tuners out (or coming out)

• Poke checks now need to get a slightly larger piece of the player to cause them to trip
  • Increase to pokecheck accuracy when poking to ideal angles
  • Additional tuning for how goalies read the future puck position/potential shot position on dekes
  • Added consistency for user goalies to transition to post hug at extreme facing directions
  • Tuning for goalies commitment logic when considering dropping to butterfly
  • Decreased team energy gain off whistles – was allowing 1st and 2nd lines to be put out more often than intended
  • AI goalies are more likely to come out to play the puck on long dump ins
  • Players are now unable to drop their stick in Ones

This should appease all the trip spammers.

I’m going to pick up the game next week. This is the first time in forever that I wasn’t on NHL for launch.
I got into Battle for Azeroth a bit and that’s a huge time suck. I need to give world of chel the attention it needs. I can’t wait to get into it. I miss playing in goal.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I’m going to pick up the game next week. This is the first time in forever that I wasn’t on NHL for launch.
I got into Battle for Azeroth a bit and that’s a huge time suck. I need to give world of chel the attention it needs. I can’t wait to get into it. I miss playing in goal.

Nice.

Hopefully when you pick it up and play Ill be all moved and ready to go!

Are you a better goalie than @ucanthanzalthetruth ;)

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I think NHL 19 has a lot of good things and a lot of bad things. As long as they continue to improve on some of the gameplay flaws then it'll be worth the purchase.

The interface though? I abhor it. It feels unfinished and isn't very aesthetically pleasing to me.

In any case, I've been using Two-Way Forward in EASHL, and I believe I'm top 10 in scoring among every TWF? I haven't checked recently but I should be high up there.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I think NHL 19 has a lot of good things and a lot of bad things. As long as they continue to improve on some of the gameplay flaws then it'll be worth the purchase.

The interface though? I abhor it. It feels unfinished and isn't very aesthetically pleasing to me.

In any case, I've been using Two-Way Forward in EASHL, and I believe I'm top 10 in scoring among every TWF? I haven't checked recently but I should be high up there.

I don’t play a ton of forward but when I do, I also like the two way build.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

I play exclusively two-way forward....but I find players dont play enough D so I just play D most of the time.

Either a PMD or Two-way D.

What console are you on?

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I don’t play a ton of forward but when I do, I also like the two way build.

Nice. It's the most satisfying class to be in my opinion. You can score, pass, hit, and play defense. All the good stuff except deking. Good luck with that lol

I play exclusively two-way forward....but I find players dont play enough D so I just play D most of the time.

Either a PMD or Two-way D.

What console are you on?

I feel ya. I end up switching to defense a lot because most of the people I play with are forwards. If I'm a defensemen I'm either two-way D or defensive D. My forwards aren't gonna pass to me so why have any offensive traits lol.

I'm on Xbox.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Mogo & Soup meet up 2018 postponed to a later date.

gooMuLD.gif

Until next time my friend.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I’ve spent a few nights now playing goalie in NHL 19 EASHL drop ins and I really like the game play. The only strange thing is how they took out replays during play stoppages in favor of showing snow, trees and the same seven dudes chillin outside a cabin. That’s whatever though.

Fun game.

Last edited:

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Hey guys, do you want to make a Panthers Squad in EASHL xbox one? I’m getting sick of the puck hogging and slow as molasses decision making in drop ins. As a sniper I’m always praying for passes that will never come. Defensemen that don’t defend exc.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Hey guys, do you want to make a Panthers Squad in EASHL xbox one? I’m getting sick of the puck hogging and slow as molasses decision making in drop ins. As a sniper I’m always praying for passes that will never come.

@ucanthanzalthetruth are in one with one of his friends. Shoot me a message when you want to run.

When I move in two weeks I'll be playing a lot more.

Reactions: Rahooji

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad