OT: Panthers Lounge the Sixth - We Talk About Games & Stuff

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
@ucanthanzalthetruth are in one with one of his friends. Shoot me a message when you want to run.

When I move in two weeks I'll be playing a lot more.

Hey man. I just played against you in a drop in. I was on my roommates account. I was playing as Peter Worrell hitting everything in sight. I was in the box most of the game but it beats being injured. GG!!!

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Hey man. I just played against you in a drop in. I was on my roommates account. I was playing as Peter Worrell hitting everything in sight. I was in the box most of the game but it beats being injured. GG!!!

Oh so you us lose because a goal scored on a bad cpu pass? Lol

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I wonder if for any of our non American posters have to use a translate program and some things get lost in translation. That would explain some of the misunderstandings at least...

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Yo Google and Facebook are f'ng spying on us. Last week, while swiping through my stories on Instagram, I get a promotional story for a product, and I swipe up to see the price. A few minutes later, I open up my Facebook app, and the first thing I see is a promotional post for the same product I saw on Instagram.

And just today, I was searching for tickets for my aunt and uncle in NY, to come to Greece, and now, when Im scrolling through posts on Facebook, I keep seeing advertising posts for travel deals. Its crazy how obvious they are.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I was more interested in Joe Rogan talking to Alex Jones than watching a Panther game.
Can't stand AJ.

This is a new low.

Really hope they can have a very good offseason.

@pb1300 , they are. Was talking to my wife about a product in our living room next to our phones. Sure enough the next time I go on a forum, I get an advertisement for said product. Never searched for it before.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
NHL 19 soundtrack is putrid.
But i'm not gonna lie, i'm addicted to Tarkenee
It's on repeat for me lol. I have no idea what it says but its catchy as ****.
Any recommends for similar sounding songs?

@SoupyFIN @FinlandPanther
I’ve turned off all music. It felt like it just had three songs on repeat. Besides, if the music is on how am I going to hear my goalie say “ain’t nobody got time for that” after big saves?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
NHL 19 soundtrack is putrid.
But i'm not gonna lie, i'm addicted to Tarkenee
It's on repeat for me lol. I have no idea what it says but its catchy as ****.
Any recommends for similar sounding songs?

@SoupyFIN @FinlandPanther
I don't think there's a direct word to word translation for "tarkenee", but it's used (non ironically, the song I'm not entirely sure what it's about, partying?) when you have the right clothes for the right weather, or you're asking from someone whether it's too cold or not for the clothes you're wearing/intending to wear.

Similar songs, you mean the saxophone? I'm not that into Finnish rap/hip hop, but there's Fintelligens, Elastinen (originally with Fintelligens, but more prominent solo recently), Asa, Ezkimo (RIP), Cheek, Mikael Gabriel, Spekti, Uniikki and that's about it off the top of my head.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I don't think there's a direct word to word translation for "tarkenee", but it's used (non ironically, the song I'm not entirely sure what it's about, partying?) when you have the right clothes for the right weather, or you're asking from someone whether it's too cold or not for the clothes you're wearing/intending to wear.

Similar songs, you mean the saxophone? I'm not that into Finnish rap/hip hop, but there's Fintelligens, Elastinen (originally with Fintelligens, but more prominent solo recently), Asa, Ezkimo (RIP), Cheek, Mikael Gabriel, Spekti, Uniikki and that's about it off the top of my head.

Yea I love how the sax sounds and it just sounds like a happy song.

Doesnt have to be rap. Didnt even know Tarkenee is rap haha

It's addicting. I kinda like that song Eiks Nii by Unniikki. I'm gonna need to learn Finnish at this rate

Last edited:

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Ice Tilt Mechanics EASHL
Some tips to eliminate cpu programmed mistakes:
If you're playing 3 on 3 then have your cpu be a winger and play two-way defense.
Read the other teams offensive strategy, adapt the CPU by changing the breakout and forecheck to cover the odd man rush (do not setup for offense). Human players have a tendency to not have much defensive strategy and focus on scoring. That can be exploited.
To exploit this: setup the offense and defense strategy during the shifts, don't just spam x or a. Set it up to prevent shots with high pressure when the puck is close or in your zone. Set the offensive and defensive strategies to the faceoff circles if at all possible.
The CPU starting skillset is RNG, read what he is decent at and play with his skills in mind. Aka Get good at defense and understand it better by playing that position. The CPU is limited by the class skills just the same as humans are.
Observe the plays that CPU are programmed to mess up, cover for them when you read them, they are usually repeated with omens and warnings. They are more frequent during/after bad takeaways, unfortunately the CPU can cause the ice-tilt that results from these.
If you have bad ice-tilt that cannot be avoided then conserve energy, by sprinting only when you have to, checking less(don't press button just let the puck carriers tire themselves by running into them), bad dekes, bad passes, and overall bad puck control by the other team should get the ice-tilt back to your team, if you waste too much energy, you won't get the ice-tilt back or when you get it back you won't be able to use it to your advantage.
The ice-tilt goes to the team with better time on possession, it is a small boost that gets more and more noticeable when you keep the puck with good control and discipline because of dekes, passes, and successful shots on net then collecting the rebounds. Usually this what makes humans frustrated, which is what drags the entire team down if you get emotional with a mic. It's very important not to get affected by the ice-tilt good or bad as you can get overconfident when the game mechanics are in your favor.
A lot of players get mad at these ice-tilt physics because they don't understand and think they're unfair, but it rewards good plays not just possession, successful moves will generate more skill boosts but wasting energy will make sure that you can't makeup for the CPU when the programmed mistakes happen.
One thing is that scoring doesn't add to the ice-tilt, but being beat by plays or failing to make good plays does. Although, Goalie's reflexes or animations to make saves decrease or increase because of the ice-tilt. This makes cpu Goalie's easier to score against but human goalies can use positioning to make up for the disadvantage.
TLDR: ice-tilt physics, and strategies do help but only if you play well with your CPU in every zone. Don't get frustrated with the stuff you can't control or makeup for. Ultimately reliable humans are the best fix, you can recruit more players for your club here on Reddit, if none of these tips help, I suggest you don't rely on the computer.
I hope this helps in the end playing to the CPU's disadvantages takes away from the realism of the game, but if you care about winning then these tips should help.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
EA will never admit that their engine works like this but it does. I don’t think they like the words Ice Tilt but Eff them. They are liars.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yeah, and on a phone its even worse.

I am starting to notice what you were alluding to.

When I am on mobile, when I am about to hit post, an add would pop up and cover it and I would accidentaly click on that ad.

Next thing you know, I am a paypal millionaire.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I am starting to notice what you were alluding to.

When I am on mobile, when I am about to hit post, an add would pop up and cover it and I would accidentaly click on that ad.

Next thing you know, I am a paypal millionaire.

I get a typing glitch on my iPhone XS Max also, my $1200 F'NG PHONE!!!! Im the moron who spends $1200 on a phone. Anyways, when I type on this site, I get weird sounds/clicks when typing. It only happens on this site. Anything else that I type of this phone, whether it be emails, messages, other websites, etc., it works perfect, but on this site, nooooooo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->