Post-Game Talk: Panthers lose 3-2 in OT, ALWGAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
From Friedman’s 32:

27. Three players remain with more than 100 minutes at five-on-five and zero goals against. They are Winnipeg’s Dylan Samberg (113:52), Florida’s Evan Rodrigues (105:42) and Sean Monahan of Montreal (100:52). Rodrigues’ been on for eight, Monahan six and Samberg three (courtesy: Natural StatTrick).

This wording is very confusing to me. Erod has 0 goals against but has been on for eight? eight what?

Friedlander71

Oct 2, 2023
Sorry.
Lost mine 20 years ago, take things a day at a time man. My unsolicited advice: reflect on the wonderful times, cry when you need to, and don’t hold things in for too long. I needed to talk with someone and I didn’t. It cost me. I slipped into depression for awhile, the world seemed darker, and it cost me. I’ve had to watch my two favorite people grow up at a distance because I felt weak by seeking help. Can’t explain it, but once I did. Man. The wind through the trees, the blue skies…all became beautiful again. The moments I shared with my kids was amazing, I remarried (to the captain of my high school cheerleading squad, she didn’t know I existed back in the day lol), and I made peace with both life and death. Life is beautiful, it’s short, but death wasn’t coming for me like I felt and life was there to be lived. And I realized my dad’s still with me everyday. And he is you as well.

Here if you wanna chat, I’ll shoot ya my number.
I would just say thank you for this comment. I realize the comment was meant for someone else and I am not trying to take anything away from their grieving, but I lost my dad last year on Father's day and the way you described how you were feeling prior to going to talk to someone is exactly how I am feeling now. I mean there is more going on in my life that contribute to that feeling, but when I was reading your comment I felt like you took the thoughts and feelings from me and put them in this comment.

Friedlander71

Oct 2, 2023
Fed up of the sign Kane talk. If we do sign him the same people who really wanted him will crap on him straight away. And they will do this because he's the shell of the player he was.
I don't know how well he'd play, but I do know Tkachuk was on a podcast a week ago? and joked that he'd give Kane his house if he decided to join the Panthers. Even if he joked about giving away his house, he was serious about wanting him here. I don't know if that means anything, but I'll take it for what it's worth.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
This wording is very confusing to me. Erod has 0 goals against but has been on for eight? eight what?
He has been on for 8 GF, this is to explain the goal differential for each player 5v5.

8 GF-0 GA in 8 games, is pretty great, but playing with two other offensive yet capable defenders in Rhino and Barky help a great deal, looks like the trio is working towards one of the best +/- lines in the league so far this early season.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I would just say thank you for this comment. I realize the comment was meant for someone else and I am not trying to take anything away from their grieving, but I lost my dad last year on Father's day and the way you described how you were feeling prior to going to talk to someone is exactly how I am feeling now. I mean there is more going on in my life that contribute to that feeling, but when I was reading your comment I felt like you took the thoughts and feelings from me and put them in this comment.
Man, that’s there for everyone. Moms and dads, whether they’re good or not, are there since day one…they created us, they may be absent, terrible, wonderful, present, there’s always emotion when we lose one. Be sure to reach out to someone, I’m willing to talk for sure. It’s hard, and you can’t hold things in. For sure there’s lots of times to bear down and push through to get a job done, but doing so all the time can give us a weight to heavy for us to bear alone. Also, be sure to stop and enjoy the little things. I still stop and listen to the wind blowing through the leaves and feel the wind as it hits my face. Might sound odd, but those are sounds and feelings that you’re alive.

Sorry for your loss. But he’s with you. So much about you has him wrapped in you.

Reactions: pantherbot

Friedlander71

Oct 2, 2023
Man, that’s there for everyone. Moms and dads, whether they’re good or not, are there since day one…they created us, they may be absent, terrible, wonderful, present, there’s always emotion when we lose one. Be sure to reach out to someone, I’m willing to talk for sure. It’s hard, and you can’t hold things in. For sure there’s lots of times to bear down and push through to get a job done, but doing so all the time can give us a weight to heavy for us to bear alone. Also, be sure to stop and enjoy the little things. I still stop and listen to the wind blowing through the leaves and feel the wind as it hits my face. Might sound odd, but those are sounds and feelings that you’re alive.

Sorry for your loss. But he’s with you. So much about you has him wrapped in you.
Thank you. Ya know its funny that you said " so much about you has him wrapped in you" because I see him everytime I look in the mirror. The beard I have reminds me of his and how I used to tease him in a way about going grey, and now I am just the same. Certain things I do remind me of him, or I can see him doing those things like using the steering wheel as drums when driving. I do apreciate the words and advice. I am sorry for your loss as well. Death is a part of life, but it isn't an easy part of life.

• Love
Reactions: Laus723

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Can’t wait to get shredded by Debrincat

I'd think Barkovs line will go up against them being their biggest threat. They're getting some good offense on defense from Seider, Ghost and Walman along with the 4th best PP.

We're better 5 on 5 team IMO, keep out of the sin bin and we should be able to keep dominating the Wingies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad