Post-Game Talk: Panthers lose 3-2 in OT, ALWGAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
I'm not hating but we got like 5 new posters yesterday after not having any in 5 years, odd. Did somewhere shut down?
site started to run terribly recently until i made an account, GDTs wouldnt load right.
Plus i figured time to stop lurking and join up, did that recently for a few other forums

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
There's these 2 Hispanic brothers who do a lengthy YouTube show about the Panthers. And one of them said something that jumped out to me: if Rodrigues is on your 1st line, you aren't a contender.

Rodrigues has top 6 speed and maybe even top 6 hockey sense, but he has bottom 6 hands.

At full health, I'd love to see

Luostarinen Barkov Reinhart
Verhaeghe Bennett Tkachuk
Cousins Lundell Rodrigues
Lomberg Lorentz Stenlund

Without Bennett

Luostarinen Barkov Reinhart
Verhaeghe Lundell Tkachuk
Cousins Rodrigues Lockwood
Lomberg Lorentz Stenlund
Having Rodrigues on the first line isn't ideal, I agree. Not sure having Lusto there is any better.

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Having Rodrigues on the first line isn't ideal, I agree. Not sure having Lusto there is any better.
Lusto is a big body who can play net front, has high iq, has slick hands and moves decently for his size, though like Rodrigues, he too is not a line driver. Rodrigues seemingly free wheels and plays die with him since he has stone hands. I don't think opponents respect Rodrigues because he is not a threat, minimizing Barkov and Reinharts space. Rodrigues brings speed and little else imo. His small aav and his history of teams not committing to him long term means he is seen as easily replaceable, and his production is concerning considering who he's played alongside in the past.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Lusto is a big body who can play net front, has high iq, has slick hands and moves decently for his size, though like Rodrigues, he too is not a line driver. Rodrigues seemingly free wheels and plays die with him since he has stone hands. I don't think opponents respect Rodrigues because he is not a threat, minimizing Barkov and Reinharts space. Rodrigues brings speed and little else imo. His small aav and his history of teams not committing to him long term means he is seen as easily replaceable, and his production is concerning considering who he's played alongside in the past.
Again, not saying anything otherwise about E-Rod. But Lusto on the first line makes that a really good second line. Don't see that as solving the problem.

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Again, not saying anything otherwise about E-Rod. But Lusto on the first line makes that a really good second line. Don't see that as solving the problem.
Luostarinen on the 1st line bumps Rodrigues to the bottom 6, which is more fitting of his overall skillset. Plus, Luostarinen and lundell aren't clicking, so may as well see if Rodrigues can get Lundell going. Lundell is such a black hole that I'd be more interested in giving Samoskevich more looks and bumping Lundell down to Charlotte, as was once done with Tippett, than force feeding Lundell onto this roster. Contenders don't use their NHL team to help young players work through their issues. That's what the AHL is for. And if Bennett is out longterm, maybe Zito looks to upgrade on Rodrigues's spot on the first line or bring in a 2/3C to slow the bleeding, because Lundell is not deserving of top 6 time.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If only ERod would spend time with Ek. He’d learn to shoot like Ek and Ek would learn to skate like ERod.

JK. It would probably result in ERod skating like Ek and Ek shooting like ERod…

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Luostarinen on the 1st line bumps Rodrigues to the bottom 6, which is more fitting of his overall skillset. Plus, Luostarinen and lundell aren't clicking, so may as well see if Rodrigues can get Lundell going. Lundell is such a black hole that I'd be more interested in giving Samoskevich more looks and bumping Lundell down to Charlotte, as was once done with Tippett, than force feeding Lundell onto this roster. Contenders don't use their NHL team to help young players work through their issues. That's what the AHL is for. And if Bennett is out longterm, maybe Zito looks to upgrade on Rodrigues's spot on the first line or bring in a 2/3C to slow the bleeding, because Lundell is not deserving of top 6 time.
I'm just not as sold on Lusto moving up. Don't mind E-Rod sliding down, just wish there was a better fit.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Going away for a while. My father passed this morning

I love you Panthers family

Sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family during this time.

I'm just not as sold on Lusto moving up. Don't mind E-Rod sliding down, just wish there was a better fit.

The reality is, we are missing a top six winger. Rodrigues is not it. We are one top six winger from having a complete line up of forwards IMO.

Friedlander71

Oct 2, 2023
Going away for a while. My father passed this morning

I love you Panthers family
I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. My dad passed last year Fathers'day night, so again I'm sorry for your loss. If you ever need to talk, although we never met, send me a message.

Reactions: Felidae

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Having read your stuff for a while, I get the sense that you're a huge Barkov fan. I'm not being sarcastic. I see Barkov as a guy who, with a different mindset, could dominate games at will. And that must drive you nuts. I know it drives me nuts.
his talent is undeniable. I was higher on him than most here. And pumped him before most here. I have no bias towards players. I call it as I see it. he can and should be better. Unless he is on the decline which I stated is a big problem. but he can’t be a 20-25 goal guy. That’s not acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad