Rumor: Panthers looking for a scoring winger per McKenzie

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Only ones that are really worth exploring are Perron and Galchenyuk.

Neal would be ideal but we broke.

Athanasiou would have been nice.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
anyone worth while will most likely be at least a 1st and with how this seasons going...im hesitant about trading that 1st. although we have the coyotes 2nd which is pretty much a late 1st. maybe make it top-2 protected or something, otherwise id be cool with trading it if we're getting something somewhat legit.

i admit i would love to add glachenyuk but feel like the price will be too much.

jvr might cost too much as well, id prefer someone faster and more skilled who can fly with trocheck. jvr gets literally all of his goals in the crease, deflections, knocking in rebounds. i mean he gets them, every year, so hes consistent and a goals a goal, but idk how much of a fit he would be with trocheck. besides, idk why theyd let him go if theyre winning right now.

zucker, filppula, maybe nyquist, not sure whats available. a dream scenario would be to pry skinner out of carolina.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Been saying Skinner for a couple years now, doubt he gets moved though, they rave about him with their new core.

Yea, he would be a great addition, if he ever came available(again?).
Great skater+scorer

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Huberdeau Barkov Dadonov
Galchenyuk Trocheck It doesnt matter at this point because Galchenyuk Trocheck will carry this line into relevance.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I agree Gally could be a fit for Tro, I think they ask for Huby though.

Huby+ for Gally and Gallagher.

I wouldnt make the trade, but Huby and Drouin with MaxPac would change that team.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I for one despise trading within the division or even the conference. Bjugstad is a Minny boy, anyone there that they may part with that would fit our plans?

bweisz16

Dec 4, 2015
Here’s my thoughts on making a move at this point:

I’m not totally unconvinced that we can’t make a serious push to the playoffs with our current roster. I just think the pieces need to be utilized better.

Remember how effective our third line was within McCann, Bjugs and Brickley before McCann went down? IMO they were our best line some nights early in the season (before HBD got rolling of course). After watching last night vs SJ why not promote Bricks amd Bjugs to play with Tro? move Vrbata and McGinn to the 3rd with McCann (when healthy)? Give the new Tro line a serious shot to gel at least 3-5 games.

Now is Bricks a true second line winger? No, not at all but he doesn’t have to carry the line. Just compliment Bjugs and Tro and I think you have a really tough 2nd line to deal with. As well as a really tough 3rd line to deal with.

The other thing this does is gives us options for the 4th line, Scievour, Haley, Balisy, Hunt, Mack. That allows Mack and Haley not not be every day players which everyone can agree they aren’t and you have some true 4th line NHL depth.

I say all this because what is the cost of a “true” scoring winger going to be? Petro alone doesn’t return that. I get that he’s in the dog house but who cares if he’s watching from the press box. As Panthers fans we all know how quick depth disappears due to injury. I say keep him and the picks it will cost to return this supposed scoring winger and utilize the pieces we have a little differently.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
^Issue with Bjugstad and Trochek on the same line, IMO, is that they both prefer to drive the play. Both like to carry the puck up center ice and work from there. Don't really complement each other.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Any interest in Brock Nelson? Coming into this season he had scored 66 goals over the last 3 seasons.
He looks like he will net another 20+ this season. He is an inconsistent player,which puts him in the fans doghouse.He is an RFA on July.I think his salary is about $2.8m.
No picks/prospects.Isles would want a solid #4 D and could send a 2nd along with Nelson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad