Rumor: Panthers looking for a scoring winger per McKenzie

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Chia was watching the Devils game... Wonder is something based around Petro for Poolparty would make sense

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Rielly Smith

Maybe your favourite trading partner Canucks will trade you Vanek/Gagner

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Not really a scoring winger per say, but Hansen is off to a slow start (0+1 in 9 games) in SJ. batting IIRC reported that Florida was on his NTC list before he got traded.

Reactions: Optimus Reim

Jakeybonz2

Feb 19, 2017
No one claims Dale does not do mistakes. No such people exist. He is not a good negotiator, but he has an exceptional sense of locker room and judge of character. He also has a long term vision of how to build a team from within. What you guys moan about him is the poor value of some contracts or trades but I still say that but his positives outweigh the negatives.

How many of you even predicted this team would be making the playoffs. It's season 1 of a new rebuild model with some good pieces and great prospects on the pipeline, you don't ditch out on that after 1 season. Ride this out at least until 19-20 or 20-21.

Say no for the back-forth mess. What you are demand is continuing on that messy road. Tampa did well for not hitting the panic button after last season even though many wanted their coach gone.

windmillspin%20(1).gif
wow, no to all of this. it shouldnt be does dale make mistakes. it should be does he do a single thing right? like one. ever. the only good move he ever made was barkov and it was a terrible move at the time. conventional (read: sane) wisdom at the time was drouin. so he got lucky. a broken clock is right twice a day but dale is only right once a life. we do not have until 19-20 or 20-21. we havent won a playoff series in 21 years!!!!!! the team will be moved without success now. not tomorrow. now. mascherin, tippet, have to go and bring in a true scorer and a true d man, we need to make the playoffs this year. no more talk of fallin for dahlin. the only way a top 5 pick is acceptable is if the panthers are staying in florida forever but noone can guarantee us that so we need to win now.

Jakeybonz2

Feb 19, 2017
Go check on the Panthers drafting history before Tallon came to manage the team.

Florida Panthers Draft History at hockeydb.com

There's been a huge change and getting some hits even on later picks. Taking Barkov also was not a terrible or insane move. It was well known that he's a great talent with size down the middle. Many people in Europe who saw him play thought he was the best player of the draft. Tallon had the balls to take the risk with someone who has to adapt to the small rink. Ultimately all picks fall to GM who takes the information from the scouts.

Player development is allright with proper talent. Barkov and Huberdeau are doing it right and Ekblad has fixed his downward trajectory. Matheson shows some brilliance at times. Trocheck has done great. Bjugstad is better and I trust points will come. The #1 line Florida currently has is one of the better lines in the league, that all is credit on Tallon.

You also have 2 division titles since he came over 2010 for teams that were not expected to compete on such a level.

There's plenty of good, he has a vision how to build the team and help to do it from within.

And I do have stuff to criticize on him as well. I just can't understand what happened with the team last off season when the first rebuild was put off track after some success. Now he's back to get some success.

I get it, it's sad that the team has not been able to get in or really find success in the playoffs. I am optimistic however that for some of the current players the 2015-16 playoff experience will help a lot in the not so distant future.

Management can't give in to a pressure and hit the panic button or it's always going to be a mess. Be careful what you wish for. The past cannot dictate the future here or you're always shackled by it. Do things right and with patience. Re-evaluate the current process after 19-20 or 20-21 as there is plenty of good coming up. The young guys are taking plenty of experience even from these losses that will carry to the future. Don't destroy the core or move the good prospects they have coming up right now, all they need is time. If you think time is not what you have then you have to re-evaluate the situation.
u basically proved my point by saying they were not expected to compete for those division championships....meaning they were not a good team. not a good team put together by tallon. correct. they have never had a truly good roster in their existence and dale has kept up that trend. oh dont get it twisted i blame the owners too for not spending but tallons moves, literally all of them besides barkov have been shown to range from slightly bad to WTF. i can list them here but itd take more time than im willing to waste on him so ill restrict it to some highlights. as for the good drafting....dude weve had a couple of decent drafts the last 2 yrs and we may not have a team by the time theyre in the nhl. and u do understand that tallon has little decision making power after the first round, so heponiemi, gildon, mascherin, trochek, are not on him. he wiffed on the OBVIOUS choice in suzuki and took a very likely bust in tippet. he took gudbranson over johansen. never forget that. bolland. i wont elaborate. expansion debacle. phillip kuba. not offer sheeting kucherov when it was the most painfully obvious offer sheet moment if there ever was one. every trade seems to be lopsided against us. almost every signing a terrible one besides dadonov but that was obvious. all of his "good moves" are obvious like toews and kane. in my mind barkov is his only claim to fame and it was pure luck. i can rattle off a series of tallon horror stories for years and u cant name me one truly good move he made for the panthers that wasnt blatently obvious. seriously, give me something to work with. i want to be wrong. im just...not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad