Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Lightning Oct 6: Hockey's back

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Then clearly the "depth" is hollow hype.

Maybe this is the reality of it, I don't know. I thought Hunt and Lammikko played pretty well in that Orlando game. Either way, something tells me that Mack and Haley were going to be on the main roster at the end of the day regardless...which basically goes against everything that was said and done over the past month or so, but oh well. I just hope the 4th line isn't a massive liability every night.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Maybe this is the reality of it, I don't know. I thought Hunt and Lammikko played pretty well in that Orlando game. Either way, something tells me that Mack and Haley were going to be on the main roster at the end of the day regardless...which basically goes against everything that was said and done over the past month or so, but oh well. I just hope the 4th line isn't a massive liability every night.

I mean.....

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

What kind of results you awaite when you play with the same 4th Line last year who cost us alot of Goals. And also some of your Top6 Defender are missing.
I think that is one of the biggest Problem in Florida, how the Franchise handle the media distribtuion special for the Fans in Florida.
Everyone saying there is a small Media Market, but how should it get better, when half of the Interviews and Infos you give around are Fake or complete Lies. That doesnt will help the Problem at all.
The Market doesnt getting better when you reputation is, let me say, "FAKE NEWS".

Reactions: Jakeybonz

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I think he will be called up in short order..

for who? if they replace one on the 3rd line, they place Sceviour or Mammin on the 3rd Line and actived Brouwer or Haley on 4th Line.
I really thing, they will let him stay in the AHL and more call up Player with more expierence. That what i thing when the GM talks about Process. Trocheck only stayed with the Team about an long term Injury on his first Year, the rest of the Year he played AHL. And near anything looks similarly to the Trocheck Situation and now even he should stayed with the Team after Preseason.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
is it not depressing as hell to look at tampas roster and then at ours and then back at tampas?

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
We certainly don't play a lot of hockey relative to the rest of the NHL over the next 2 weeks. We should have games in hand for a long time.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I saw about 5 minutes of the preseason, but I assumed Borgstrom was a lock.
The guy spent 2 years in college not hitting the weights and supposedly worked out with that other beanpole Teravainen in the off season. Then he says he hasn't put on any weight when he arrives at camp but he did say he is stronger.:laugh:

Common Borg, you're not a great skater (which you supposedly worked on this off-season), you get pushed off the puck too easily and you really thought you had a chance to make the NHL roster with that kind of a weak effort? At the moment you are a 6'3" Huby with no strength and a shot that is not a muffin.

They will call him up when the inevitable injuries occur but I don't see him making an impact. He will stay the same unless he puts on 15 lbs of muscle. Dale thinks he can put on the weight in Springfield with most of the games on the weekend, but I can't recall too many players actually putting in the effort with the daily rigorous practices that drain energy. My guess is players in the AHL will pound him into an injury at some point. It's not a league for sissy's. :)

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
The guy spent 2 years in college not hitting the weights and supposedly worked out with that other beanpole Teravainen in the off season. Then he says he hasn't put on any weight when he arrives at camp but he did say he is stronger.:laugh:

Common Borg, you're not a great skater (which you supposedly worked on this off-season), you get pushed off the puck too easily and you really thought you had a chance to make the NHL roster with that kind of a weak effort? At the moment you are a 6'3" Huby with no strength and a shot that is not a muffin.

They will call him up when the inevitable injuries occur but I don't see him making an impact. He will stay the same unless he puts on 15 lbs of muscle. Dale thinks he can put on the weight in Springfield with most of the games on the weekend, but I can't recall too many players actually putting in the effort with the daily rigorous practices that drain energy. My guess is players in the AHL will pound him into an injury at some point. It's not a league for sissy's. :)

He will not last with that lanky frame in the pros. Even the midtier centers like Backes and Berglund will have no trouble of moving guys like Borg aside. I think it'll good for Borg to experience some pain along the way since the NCAA route has been too lax approach physically for him. I think he's still really skinny and thus that 15lbs is a bare minimum especially if he wants to succeed as a two-way center. I'm not sure if anyone of the training staff is even checking up on what type of training programs these guys are supposed to follow during the summer but it ain't working so far. If Borg tries to take example from Barkov then a guy who's trying shed off the baby fat is the wrong guy to follow.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
We certainly don't play a lot of hockey relative to the rest of the NHL over the next 2 weeks. We should have games in hand for a long time.

Gonna need to make them count though when we make them up. Don't we also have the most back-to-back games out of any team as well because of the Finland trip?

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I think he's still really skinny and thus that 15lbs is a bare minimum especially if he wants to succeed as a two-way center. I'm not sure if anyone of the training staff is even checking up on what type of training programs these guys are supposed to follow during the summer but it ain't working so far. If Borg tries to take example from Barkov then a guy who's trying shed off the baby fat is the wrong guy to follow.
They got him listed at 185. He doesn't look much different from the first day they drafted him. If he weighs 175, it's soaking wet.

Tallon said he needs to get quicker. How much quicker can you get when you weigh 175. You are either quick with fast twitch or you're not. It's the same story with Ek improving his skating. The only guy over the last few years who looks faster is Barkov (like you said, he lost some baby fat). These guy look at Gaudreau and Panarin who have little in the way of strength and forget they both are quick and fast enough to avoid the checks plus play the game at a supreme level.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying Boo is going to be on the hot seat by Thanksgiving. I'm basing this on the fact that Lu looked his age in the two starts and Reimer is a notorious slow starter. The 22+ minutes a night will be back in vogue for our top 2 centers very quickly. :(

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
I'm somewhat surprised Josh Brown is still on the roster. Has he had a particularly strong pre-season and camp?

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
I'm somewhat surprised Josh Brown is still on the roster. Has he had a particularly strong pre-season and camp?
Where do you see the most updated roster? I’m confused cause the Facebook post on the panthers page says roster down to 25 but the website shows 24 players..

If McGinn is the 25th that means Brown was sent down (as expected).

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
They got him listed at 185. He doesn't look much different from the first day they drafted him. If he weighs 175, it's soaking wet.

Tallon said he needs to get quicker. How much quicker can you get when you weigh 175. You are either quick with fast twitch or you're not. It's the same story with Ek improving his skating. The only guy over the last few years who looks faster is Barkov (like you said, he lost some baby fat). These guy look at Gaudreau and Panarin who have little in the way of strength and forget they both are quick and fast enough to avoid the checks plus play the game at a supreme level.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying Boo is going to be on the hot seat by Thanksgiving. I'm basing this on the fact that Lu looked his age in the two starts and Reimer is a notorious slow starter. The 22+ minutes a night will be back in vogue for our top 2 centers very quickly. :(
lol just in time for the start of the season...

Brokin Jones from InfoHockey is back

Reactions: pantherbot and KW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad