Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Lightning Oct 6: Hockey's back

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Not making the GDT just want to move discussion from the training camp thread because camp's done and it's showtime.

:panthers

Dadonov-Barkov-Bjugstad
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Hoffman
Vatrano-McCann-Malgin
Brouwer-MacKenzie-Sceviour

Yandle-Ekblad
Matheson-Pysyk
Weegar-Petrovic

Luongo

Injuries and scratches:

Bogdan Kiselvitch (jaw), and Jamie McGinn (back surgery), and Josh Brown (LBI) are out for Saturday's game
Max Mamin, Jacob MacDonald and Micheal Haley are expected to be healthy scratches

:bolts

Miller-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Point-Gourde
Killorn-Cirelli-Joseph
Erne-Paquette-Conacher

Hedman-Girardi
McDonagh-Stralman
Coburn-Sergachev

Vasilevskiy​

Last edited:
Reactions: Vilam

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
The team still looked disorganized Saturday night. A lot of missed passes especially on the breakout. Need to get a lot more organized this week.

It helps that we continuously play the top 3 team in the nhl as it hopefully gets us focused and thinking about things that we need to work on.

Our defense has a lot of question marks.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I'm really looking forward to see what MacDonald can do and if he can take a spot.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Probably best for Borg if he's playing top minutes in Springfield. Vatrano would be useless on the 4th line as well.

Vatrano - McCann - Malgin
Mamin - MacK - Sceviour
Brouwer

Am I missing anyone

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Probably best for Borg if he's playing top minutes in Springfield. Vatrano would be useless on the 4th line as well.

Vatrano - McCann - Malgin
Mamin - MacK - Sceviour
Brouwer

Am I missing anyone

Just Haley as a scratch, but that is right

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
The closer and closer we get to the start of the season, the more and more I worry about our lack of depth. I have confidence in our top two lines and three out of our four defensemen but things are going to start getting really ugly once we run into medium-to-long term injuries.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I updated lines-just bumped Vatrano up to 3LW and added Mamin. Haley off injured list and places as a healthy scratch with Brouwer.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
So none of Hunt, Juho or Greco showed enough to be better than MacKenzie? Not buying it. Where's all this depth everyone yammers on about?
Lammikko is the only center, Hunt and Greco were never in the competition for MacKenzie's spot.
The fact that he lasted this long in camp makes me hopeful that he could be MacKenzie's replacement this or next season.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
So none of Hunt, Juho or Greco showed enough to be better than MacKenzie? Not buying it. Where's all this depth everyone yammers on about?
Hunt didn't outplay Mamin. Lammi didn't outplay Mack (which he should have since Mack is awful). Greco outplayed Brouwer and Malgin. Imo he's the only one that got the shaft.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Hunt didn't outplay Mamin. Lammi didn't outplay Mack (which he should have since Mack is awful). Greco outplayed Brouwer and Malgin. Imo he's the only one that got the shaft.

This is all pretty debatable, in my opinion. I honestly don't know what would have had to occur for them to actually promote Hunt and/or Lammikko. Realistically, I don't think either had a chance from day 1. Heck, Haley's health is questionable right now and they still didn't keep anybody around.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
This is all pretty debatable, in my opinion. I honestly don't know what would have had to occur for them to actually promote Hunt and/or Lammikko. Realistically, I don't think either had a chance from day 1. Heck, Haley's health is questionable right now and they still didn't keep anybody around.

Then clearly the "depth" is hollow hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad