GDT: Panthers @ Islanders The Scott Clemmensen appreciation GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Look at Boston's schedule, they won 15 out of 17 games in March.
We are totally on opposite ends of the spectrum when comparing NHL quality depth and a quality coaching staff with a team system that everyone buys into.
This summer should be as interesting as 2011 because we need half a new team.
Oh I agree, the difference is that Boston is a team full of vets and know who to manage a heavy workload like this. We are asking a bunch of kids to do that which understandably is tough on them.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Oh I agree, the difference is that Boston is a team full of vets and know who to manage a heavy workload like this. We are asking a bunch of kids to do that which understandably is tough on them.

Exactly, look at players like Soderberg who was drafted 49th overall in 2004 and this is his first full season in the NHL with the Bruins . He is 27-28 yrs old and has been playing professionally in Sweden up till now. He fits in perfectly as the Bruins third line center and is having a successful season because he has tons of support.
We take all our kids and throw them in the fire with little to no backup.
This was obviously an extreme example but it underlines the problem. We need a good team to continue to develop a good team. And this summer we pretty much have to buy and trade to get a good team somehow so we can let our prospects develop natually.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Say what you want but he's a classy guy:

TWITTER: @GeorgeRichards

UNIONDALE, N.Y. -- Scott Clemmensen likely made his final appearance with the Panthers in Tuesday's 4-2 loss to the Islanders.

Clemmensen played well at times and didn't get much help.

Florida was being outshot 28-13 by the end of the second period and ended up at a 40-22 disadvantage.

"Playing in the NHL is a privilege and playing for the Panthers was just that,'' said Clemmensen, who could return to Florida's minor league team in San Antonio in the coming days.

"I played with a tremendous amount of guys over my five years and I don't know what's going to happen in the future. I'm taking it one day at a time and appreciating everything. I'm taking it all in. Regardless of what happens, I'll look back and know I laid it all on the line. I'll have no regrets.''

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Say what you want but he's a classy guy:

Clem is super classy.

tumblr_ljjg0iK2sl1qecvhz.gif

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
edm is tied with sj right now going into the 3rd. they have 2 games in hand (1 after tonight) and are only 1pt behind us. all they have to do is tie and we'll finish below them.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
edm is tied with sj right now going into the 3rd. they have 2 games in hand (1 after tonight) and are only 1pt behind us. all they have to do is tie and we'll finish below them.
Florida will (imo) win one more game/aquire 2 more points this season. Unfortunately the Oilers sked is so difficult I don't think they'll get 3 more points.

I'd like to see him get a year in NJ backing up Schneider before calling it quits

Brodeur wants to get 700 wins, I think they'll give him one more year, but with how he's been playing, it may take 2 lol.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Florida will (imo) win one more game/aquire 2 more points this season. Unfortunately the Oilers sked is so difficult I don't think they'll get 3 more points.

Brodeur wants to get 700 wins, I think they'll give him one more year, but with how he's been playing, it may take 2 lol.

Luongo will (should?) be back this weekend to steal us a game or two before we are done as well.

Brodeur has to retire a Devil next year or play backup somewhere else IMO. It would take him two or three seasons to reach 700 wins. Schneider is ready to be a number one without stepping on anyone's coat-tails, he already went through that in Vancouver.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
Take the A off Campbell's sweater. He's mailed it in the last 2 seasons. What a waste of cap space.

I agree with this. He's playing with no sense of urgency out there. Sure, we suck and I'm pretty sure it's contributing, but he's a professional and he's our highest paid player. He cant play like that, he needs to be the role model our young guys look up to.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
I agree with this. He's playing with no sense of urgency out there. Sure, we suck and I'm pretty sure it's contributing, but he's a professional and he's our highest paid player. He cant play like that, he needs to be the role model our young guys look up to.

I've been saying this for the past 2 weeks

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Did anybody see Huberdeau's tweet praising MacKinnon? Then someone replied something like "How about you play like that, I had to drop you from my fantasy team". Made me laugh.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
clemmer is all class and imo is better than ellis! too bad we made that horrific trade with dallas. it sort of seals clemmers fate unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad