GDT: Panthers @ Flyers - 10/16/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Is Barkov still credited with the 3rd goal? Looked like it hit the D's stick...

Also, in regards to our defense...I feel like it's a mental/rust issue that is something that can be fixed. The turnovers and bad pinches/steps that have resulted in so many breakaways/odd man rushes is absolutely killing us right now. They are coming at the worst times possible as well...literally nothing went our way in the 2nd period other than the PP goal (which is probably the reason we escaped with a point).

That 2nd line is also so frustrating...if you noticed Boughner's post game comments, he once again said he liked the 1st line, 3rd line and even named guys on the 4th. Not a single mention of the 2nd line. I honestly don't know what the fix is here because the other lines are going pretty good at the moment, so how do you mess with that? I don't know if there's too much pressure on them or what, but it seems like they are playing like they have to score every shift and it's leading to way too many chances going the other way. I think they need to simplify what they're doing, especially Trocheck and Huberdeau.
Trocheck and Hoffman are not good 5 on 5 players. Coupled with hubys typical slow start that line has been aweful. That line will go as hubby does moving forward. Time for people to start accepting that tro really isn’t that great of a 2c 5 on 5

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Trocheck and Hoffman are not good 5 on 5 players. Coupled with hubys typical slow start that line has been aweful. That line will go as hubby does moving forward. Time for people to start accepting that tro really isn’t that great of a 2c 5 on 5

I honestly think he needs to get back to more of a defensive mindset like he had in his first 2 or so full years in the league. I mean, it's great that he put up 75 points last year, but realistically, as a 2C, if he's putting up 50-60 and being more responsible, that's more than adequate. He'll get his points on the PP, anyway. His 2-way game isn't where it used to be and it continues to slide in the wrong direction.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I honestly think he needs to get back to more of a defensive mindset like he had in his first 2 or so full years in the league. I mean, it's great that he put up 75 points last year, but realistically, as a 2C, if he's putting up 50-60 and being more responsible, that's more than adequate. He'll get his points on the PP, anyway. His 2-way game isn't where it used to be and it continues to slide in the wrong direction.

I got attacked for saying this about Trocheck in the offseason! Glad to see other people are on the same page.

A grade player my arse!

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Sometimes I wish tro was Barkov's winger.

Of all the times that Barkov and Trocheck have lined up as a line, with EITHER Dadonov or Huberdeau, they are a net negative even strength.

I've seen this idea tossed up but Trocheck NEEDS TO be on his own line with two definitively lesser players.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I would try Hoffman on line 1
Move bjugstad to line 3
Vatrano to line 2

Call up MacDonald. Play him over Petro or Pysyk and get him on a PP unit

JayX

Mar 7, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Yeah, it makes sense to cycle people around when performance is unbalanced. Hopefully it'll be the push Huby needs, and in the meantime it'll give someone else the opportunity to use more minutes in a positive way. Leaving things exactly how they are when things aren't working would make less sense.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I read all this nonsense about Pysyk and I gotta laugh. First goal Simmonds beats Kiselevich to the front of the goal crease for an easy score. 2nd goal Petro gives Weal a love tap instead of clearing him out of the crease and easy peasy tip in. 3rd goal Ekblad makes a rookie cross ice pass from the boards in his own zone right to Giroux for the easy score. 4th goal Petro pinches and Hoffman doesn't rotate leaving Simmonds all alone for the easy score. 5th goal McCann looses the puck battle in the neutral zone to Ghost who deaks Yandle and slides a nice pass by Pysyk on a 2 on 1 for the easy Giroux score.

Tro can't play 5 on 5, huh? Who the hell do we have on the 2nd line that can carry the puck and move it to the o-zone besides him and Barkov? Without Tro, the 2nd line would never get past the neutral zone. He's not a distributing Center and that's obvious but you can see the frustration on his face as he and Huby are being pressured by Boo to get the puck to Hoffman instead of creating offense for himself. Huby looks light and it shows. All that weight training and Protein shakes extra weight is gone and he looks below 190. He gets knocked off the puck like a rookie and his passing has been crap. He deserves to be moved down to the 4th.

Move Vatrano to the top line in lieu of Bjugs. If he can learn to be the trailer on that line those two can set him up for his shot in the high slot. His shot is lethal and it moves making it tough to pick up. If it doesn't go in, it creates opportunity rebounds. :)

ps: Malgin and McCann both look like crap

Last edited:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I would try Hoffman on line 1
Move bjugstad to line 3
Vatrano to line 2

Call up MacDonald. Play him over Petro or Pysyk and get him on a PP unit
Agreed on everything. Vatrano on the second line would be interesting with Trocheck because they are both shoot first players.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
This team is so inconsistent. From game to game, and from period to period a lot of the time. They need to play like they did in the 3rd period last night, most of the time. And just improvise off of that.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
i was going to say move huberdeau up to the first. to get him going.. but meh lets just put him on the 4th till he gets his legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad