GDT: Panthers @ Flyers - 10/16/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I’ve been a fan long enough to know they will beat them, give me hope, then proceed to lose the next three.
I've got 24 years since I went from being a Detroit fan, born there, to cheereing for the more local team.

Edit: and all I have to show for it is Pete Worrell beating the shit out of Chara and too many others.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Huberdeau played like garbage, it’s no wonder he didn’t see the much in the 3rd or at all in OT or the SO.

I thought he really turned the corner last year, I hope that doesn't end up being his career high. I'd like to be wrong about him being a 50 point forward.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I'm not sure how Boughner could allow both Petro and Pysyk stay in the lineup after this game. Just promote Melchiori and MacDonald to the show and let the two former enjoy their popcorn.

Im really for it, MacDonald played better hokcey then Petro did.
But the current problem after 4 Games is, that in each Game a different D-Pair or Player had an Blackout. So who you wanna send down. I would have no problems, but Petro or Pysyk on waiver and call up Macdonald and keep Weegar in the Line Up.
Also when you get a new Linemate for one or two Game its hard to adjust, that quick in time.

Pysyk was good in the first 2 and made calm plays, so when you add all 4 Games so far then you send Petrovic down and call up MacDonald.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Huberdeau played like garbage, it’s no wonder he didn’t see the ice much in the 3rd or at all in OT or the SO.

Don't worry. According to some, he'll show up when he's feeling it, like within the next 10-15 games. You know, when the season is already in the books as far as the Cats are concerned. Trade the Muffin Man for Panarin.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Didn’t like Boughner making vatrano a top 3 shooter. Would have put Hoffman over him. Give him the 4/5 slot

Reactions: klabob

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Oh look another loss. 4 games in and ZERO wins. At least we scored a powerplay goal.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
By the Way, what Simmonds was doing, that is called unsportsman like or embellishment. So that should give him at least 2 min by a none call 2 Games suspension. :D

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Well... I said we could probably lose five and still recover if we started playing well after... so we can still lose the next one and be fine, right? Yay?

Upside - we didn't lose this game in the third period, third line finally started scoring, special teams didn't lose us this one and we scored a PP goal, fourth line is an improvement over last year. Also we finally saw Hutchinson! Yeah...

So, second line still a big problem, the "second pairing" was about as "good" as expected and goaltending is "fun"... Hopefully it's "good Matheson" that comes back after next game because I'm all for sitting Petro, Pysyk or both. Can we give the second pair duties to Weegar and Kiselevich in the meantime? Can they be worse than Petro and Pysyk?

We need Trocheck, Huberdeau and Hoffman contributing. Our "strenght" is supposedly having a great top six. This game, that second line has combined for one SOG and -6. Again, I know finding chemistry takes time but how much time can we realistically give them? Right now they're letting us down.

On to the next one.

23YearsandCounting

Oct 11, 2018
I don’t know what’s funny?! Last place team 2 points with a group that is suppose to be at least a playoff team is far from hilarious. I’m sure there are people on here who will spin this disaster of a start into some clouded optimism. So let me tell those people that I would agree with them if this was a competent organization with a skill set on the ice worthy of that optimism. Sadly it’s not. This is the Florida Panthers. Perfect model of ineptitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad