GDT: Panthers @ Flyers - 10/16/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
At least they got a point. Next game is a must win, they need to get going or they'll dig themselves into the same hole as last year and miss yet again.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Caps/Toronto will beat us by double digits. We got no goalie/defense

Sassashka

Oct 12, 2018
I hope we don't have to see Pysyk-petro pair never again. Weegar and Kis were solid enough and neither shouldn't sit any games before Petrovic. Or pysyk.

Reactions: ShootIt

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Time to cut bait with Petro. Send him off to Edmonton or wherever.
He's a Gudbranson level defensemen, but sucks at fighting.
Damn 16 playoffs gave us false hopes.
Pysyk should rotated in and out.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Our forwards are being too lazy defensivly too. Gap control and support has been awful

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Time to cut bait with Petro. Send him off to Edmonton or wherever.
He's a Gudbranson level defensemen, but sucks at fighting.
Damn 16 playoffs gave us false hopes.
Pysyk should rotated in and out.

If Tallon won't get a proven top 4 D I'd give Weegar Petro's spot, at least Weegs got some upside offensively. Petro hasn't improved for years now and is a bottom pairing guy.

Put Pysyk on the third pairing where he belongs.

Reactions: ShootIt

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
What is amazing is our lack of prospects defensively. We literally have nothing in the pipeline. Our next GM needs to realize what bad shape our defense is in.

Never thought I'd say it...but I miss Brian Campbell.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If Tallon won't get a proven top 4 D I'd give Weegar Petro's spot, at least Weegs got some upside offensively. Petro hasn't improved for years now and is a bottom pairing guy.

Put Pysyk on the third pairing where he belongs.
Petro is not a bottom pairing guy. Petro isn’t an NHLer. Pysyk is albeit a very mediocre one.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
What is amazing is our lack of prospects defensively. We literally have nothing in the pipeline. Our next GM needs to realize what bad shape our defense is in.

Never thought I'd say it...but I miss Brian Campbell.

Why wouldn’t you miss him he is probably the best dman we have ever had up there with Svethla and never missed a game. I’ll add Mitchell to the list of guys that I wish we had

Reactions: pantherbot

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
So frustrating to have four losses when they could have just s easily been four wins. Two shootout lossses, two lost in last 5-10 minutes of the game.

I actually think Hutch is fine and we need to give him a chance. I thought he made dinner key saves and the ones that went in were not his fault at all. Felt way more comfortable with him than Reimer.

We need to fix our d bad. But I'm thinking if we just get Petro/Pysyk out, have a normal Matheson, and rotate in McD/Fish/Weegar, we should be ok.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Petro is not a bottom pairing guy. Petro isn’t an NHLer. Pysyk is albeit a very mediocre one.

Petro gets exposed because he plays way too many minutes right now, same with Pysyk.

Give him 15min or less and he's fine.

Time to throw Kiselevich and Weegar to the fire and see how they handle big minutes. Kis has looked really solid so far.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Stuck watching this after the fact but was much more pleased with Hutch. Yeah 5 went in but he made timely saves under seige.

Disappointing result again though

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Is Barkov still credited with the 3rd goal? Looked like it hit the D's stick...

Also, in regards to our defense...I feel like it's a mental/rust issue that is something that can be fixed. The turnovers and bad pinches/steps that have resulted in so many breakaways/odd man rushes is absolutely killing us right now. They are coming at the worst times possible as well...literally nothing went our way in the 2nd period other than the PP goal (which is probably the reason we escaped with a point).

That 2nd line is also so frustrating...if you noticed Boughner's post game comments, he once again said he liked the 1st line, 3rd line and even named guys on the 4th. Not a single mention of the 2nd line. I honestly don't know what the fix is here because the other lines are going pretty good at the moment, so how do you mess with that? I don't know if there's too much pressure on them or what, but it seems like they are playing like they have to score every shift and it's leading to way too many chances going the other way. I think they need to simplify what they're doing, especially Trocheck and Huberdeau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->