GDT: Panthers @ Flyers - 10/16/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Honestly not the worst idea putting Sceviour with Trocheck... but Hoffman on the fourth? I get he doesn't deserve promotion to the first line and I guess we don't want to mess with the third line... but it's really, really weird.

I'd like to try Weegar-Kis as the second pairing, or at least split the minutes more evenly between the two bottom pairs. Especially if we're "sending messages" and all that.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I like the line shuffling and hope it sticks for the game tomorrow. Hopefully tro gets the hint to play the right way.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
The message is being sent to the wrong players though.

Don't get me wrong, our defensemen haven't been playing that well, but D has to be played collectively by the 5 players on the ice at any given time. The forwards need to pull their weight as well, especially with back pressure, blocking shots, getting the puck out of the zone, etc.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Don't get me wrong, our defensemen haven't been playing that well, but D has to be played collectively by the 5 players on the ice at any given time. The forwards need to pull their weight as well, especially with back pressure, blocking shots, getting the puck out of the zone, etc.

Forwards cant do anything with Petrovic flat out abandoning areas he should be, defenseman moving players out in front of the net, and Pysyk panicking with the puck down-low.

The Pysyk panic pass to Ekblad who panicked and gave it to Girioux was just embarrassing.

Reactions: Rahooji

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Forwards cant do anything with Petrovic flat out abandoning areas he should be, defenseman moving players out in front of the net, and Pysyk panicking with the puck down-low.

The Pysyk panic pass to Ekblad who panicked and gave it to Girioux was just embarrassing.
I know you're being serious and this is a serious topic but this made me laugh.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

And Petrovic is just doing his own thing. Just like he's always done. :facepalm:
No wonder he couldn't develop in the AHL.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Hoffman has been hot garbage since coming here, I have no problem with him being relegated to fourth line minutes until he decides to wake up and actually do something.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Shuffling the lines doesn't change the fact that they are carrying a pair of AHL goalies.

Tallon says Luongo's rehab is going well, yet he won't be back for a few weeks. FML.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Also while having my tinfoil hat on I can't help but think why Huby had only 14min of ice time last game, then gets demoted to the fourth line next practice only to be pushed up again? Smells like Tallon didn't like his own guy getting demoted so he vetoed the move. Now Hoffman gest the demotion instead.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
hoffman is one of our fastest and best shots in our offense. makes no sense to put him there, huberdeau would make more sense out of the big-5 but even then none of those guys should be on the 4th, just shuffled around the top-9. as long as barkov and dadonov are together the combinations can literally be anything.

id try huberdeau and hoffman both with mccann first and see how it goes. depending on how that works out keep bjugstad with barkov in the meantime since that lines working still. and give trocheck gritty players, i think brouwer has earned a look there, and either another gritty player like sceviour on the other wing, or a utility guy like malgin. vatrano no, he'd have to be with mccann or barkov, not crazy about him on the 4th either but if we're experimenting with lines for just a couple games then i dont mind.

Dadonov-Barkov-Bjugstad
Brouwer-Trocheck-Malgin
Huberdeau-McCann-Hoffman
Vatrano/Mamin-Lammiko-Sceviour

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Hoffman has been hot garbage since coming here, I have no problem with him being relegated to fourth line minutes until he decides to wake up and actually do something.
But he hasn't actually. He's been quietly making any line he's on better by getting in position and getting shots off. We didn't sign him to be a defensive wizard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad