Panthers Fire Entire Sales Staff

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
What is the actual real attendance numbers when all the promo free tickets are taken out of the equation.

Gimmicks don't count. No freebees in the big markets.

That's not true. I've been to Canucks games for free! Plus cheap tickets were provided through the hostel when I first arrived. Of course, it is far easier to get that stuff in Florida than it is in Vancouver.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
What is the actual real attendance numbers when all the promo free tickets are taken out of the equation.

Gimmicks don't count. No freebees in the big markets.

This is a common misconception as well. There are only about 5 markets that don't comp, and all markets have pretty much the same amount of them. There aren't, say 7000 seats given away in Florida and 200 in Nashville. The numbers are all pretty close.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Weren't a lot of fans put off recently because of a substantial hike in parking fees?

As in the season after we made the playoffs, they saw an opportunity with the increased attendance to make more money with extra fees in certain areas. But that had the negative effect of people being pissed off paying these extra charges, whilst seeing a sub stand product on the ice for the lockout season. Which was then continued with last season.

I think that was a large factor as well. Very stupid idea in my opinion. I'm a SSO so I get free parking, but I still hope they take that charge away or at least lower it. When most people are paying more to park than attend the game, many people are going to turn to other options.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I'm a Habs fan, but I live in Florida and I do support the Panthers. I go to around 10 Panthers games a year and I would be incredibly sad if they moved.

I look forward to your GDT posts as non-Panthers fan attending some of their games. Good to get outsider's view who actually watches the team.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Weren't a lot of fans put off recently because of a substantial hike in parking fees?

As in the season after we made the playoffs, they saw an opportunity with the increased attendance to make more money with extra fees in certain areas. But that had the negative effect of people being pissed off paying these extra charges, whilst seeing a sub stand product on the ice for the lockout season. Which was then continued with last season.

But anyone who's able bodied can just park in Sawgrass Mills Mall and walk, it's 5-10 min max. It's a minor inconvenience at most.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
But anyone who's able bodied can just park in Sawgrass Mills Mall and walk, it's 5-10 min max. It's a minor inconvenience at most.

I did this last time I went to a game. Even with the police directing traffic and everything, it's only a matter of time before someone gets run over.

Thunderheart

Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
E-mail From New Ticket Rep!

Lost my Rep Mario Durant who I have had since two strikes ago...was real happy with him! New Rep is Rebecca Roy....any info??

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
It's strange because over the last year, I've had four different ones. Mine changed to Jennifer Garcia a few weeks ago and now I guess she was let go. My new one is David Werner.

The rep carousel is actually worse than our coaching carousel.

Thunderheart

Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
I also had Mario, and also got Rebecca Roy.

No info though. Hope she's even half as good.

I agree, hoping she turns out good...Mario definitely was! When I talked to him he was always quick to resolve problems or to do me a favor...also knowledgeable about everything going on with the Panthers & NHL in general.

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
Maybe this whole thing is just "normal" downsizing, some employees/departments are not needed anymore (you would still think sales is needed).
Like in previous posts it has been mentioned, may people have "lost" there sales reps, but why would you need one?

Also it could be also that sales department has been outsourced to India, and then somebody ordering season tickets and getting them, keeps wondering "What the heck I'm really sure I didn't order these seats, my seats should be somewhere else!!"

JOL

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
The only thing to worry about right now is the vote for more funding. I'd say it's 65-35 they get it, and if so, that should give another 2-3 years before the next crisis at least. Of course since the money they're asking the County to pay off is the money that's owed on the lease, a pro relocationist will argue that it makes them even closer to moving, since they would no longer have to pay to leave. I disagree because I don't think Viola would legally be allowed to lead the County astray like that, and getting more money should be viewed only as a positive.

There might be some dark clouds coming for getting tourist tax funds.
David Beckham has been trying to get a site for his soccer stadium in Miami and first Miami-Dade county rejected his plan (Port of Miami) and city of Miami did the same (Bayside/Bayfront).
Now Hallandale Beach mayor has offered a site for Beckham near water and earlier Beckham promised that stadium construction will be funded privately, but who knows if mayor offers bed/tourist tax funding for it.

JOL

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
There might be some dark clouds coming for getting tourist tax funds.
David Beckham has been trying to get a site for his soccer stadium in Miami and first Miami-Dade county rejected his plan (Port of Miami) and city of Miami did the same (Bayside/Bayfront).
Now Hallandale Beach mayor has offered a site for Beckham near water and earlier Beckham promised that stadium construction will be funded privately, but who knows if mayor offers bed/tourist tax funding for it.

JOL

Not worried about MLS. It'll be private. After Marlins Stadium, public funding for stadium construction wouldn't go over well (to be fair, I don't know how much he'd ask for, but I suspect it would be a lot.)

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
Not worried about MLS. It'll be private. After Marlins Stadium, public funding for stadium construction wouldn't go over well (to be fair, I don't know how much he'd ask for, but I suspect it would be a lot.)
Well, AA arena was financed privately and now Miami-Dade county is going to give more subsidies to Heat (Heat just mentioned relocation), Dolphins are getting weird deal from county for their stadium repairs.

JOL

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=722623&cmpid=rss-staff

Panthers announce the 2014 Draft Party. Unlike last year when the draft party was held at the BB&T Center, this year it will be held in a sports bar, Bokampers in Plantation.

This is a little disappointing to me. We enjoyed the draft party last year. They had STH'ers in Club Red. Now we will be in a crowded sports bar.

I had received an email from my new rep, Megan, earlier this week telling me we would be receiving more information and that our "formal invitation" would be arriving soon. Glad I looked on the website to find more information! Still waiting for our formal invitation too!

Hope this is not a sign of the way the team will be managed under this ownership.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012

Panthers announce the 2014 Draft Party. Unlike last year when the draft party was held at the BB&T Center, this year it will be held in a sports bar, Bokampers in Plantation.

This is a little disappointing to me. We enjoyed the draft party last year. They had STH'ers in Club Red. Now we will be in a crowded sports bar.

I had received an email from my new rep, Megan, earlier this week telling me we would be receiving more information and that our "formal invitation" would be arriving soon. Glad I looked on the website to find more information! Still waiting for our formal invitation too!

Hope this is not a sign of the way the team will be managed under this ownership.

they got fictional names, still same ppl, just pr trick

:sarcasm:

CoolburnIsGone

I spoke to my new ticket rep this week and asked about the draft party before any emails went out. I also liked that they had it inside club red for SSOs. Apparently the reason its not at the arena this yr is because there's some convention being held there that weekend (according to my new rep). My guess is that's one of those events that was needed to convince the county to fund the purchase of the new scoreboard.

Thunderheart

Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
I spoke to my new ticket rep this week and asked about the draft party before any emails went out. I also liked that they had it inside club red for SSOs. Apparently the reason its not at the arena this yr is because there's some convention being held there that weekend (according to my new rep). My guess is that's one of those events that was needed to convince the county to fund the purchase of the new scoreboard.

coolburn...my ticket rep mentioned to me when I emailed her asking if there was going to be a draft party before the email notifications were sent stated that there was a convention booked draft weekend which resulted in the Draft Party not being able to be at the arena. Bonakemper's Sports Bar in Plantation.
Thunderheart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad