Panthers Fire Entire Sales Staff

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Can someone explain why this is such a horrible terrible thing? People are replying to this tweet saying things like "Move to Quebec City is confirmed now"... (I really hate the @nosunmelt guy, spends all his time talking about how the Panthers should move) I don't see how firing the sales staff has anything to do with relocation. Babich just started a few months ago, why is it bad that he wants to distance himself from the Yormark days?

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Yup, we got our email a little while ago.

They had a purge of the sales staff when Viola took over and now another one!

Disfunctional = Panthers

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Isn't this a good thing? From what I've heard on here dealing with the sales team is a nightmare.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Isn't this a good thing? From what I've heard on here dealing with the sales team is a nightmare.

That's what I want to know. When I first read the headline, my first thought was "Great.". Don't know why this is a negative situation.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL

The folks that sit around us have no issues with their reps. I have had no issues either. Once you learn their ways of communications; phone calls, texting, email, etc there is no worries.

Now we will have a new, inexperienced group to deal with! :help:

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Can someone explain why this is such a horrible terrible thing? People are replying to this tweet saying things like "Move to Quebec City is confirmed now"... (I really hate the @nosunmelt guy, spends all his time talking about how the Panthers should move) I don't see how firing the sales staff has anything to do with relocation. Babich just started a few months ago, why is it bad that he wants to distance himself from the Yormark days?

I love the "Boycott the Sunbelt" account. There comes a point when something/someone is so ridiculous and ignorant that it becomes funny to me.

CoolburnIsGone

The folks that sit around us have no issues with their reps. I have had no issues either. Once you learn their ways of communications; phone calls, texting, email, etc there is no worries.

Now we will have a new, inexperienced group to deal with! :help:
Bingo! I felt like I had gotten a good ticket rep earlier this yr and even said so in my survey that I filled out, apparently that was meaningless. Now, watch I get someone who will be useless as a ticket rep and will screw up constantly. FML for renewing early!

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
So will this help us reach the playoffs?

I'm betting the idea behind it is that the team wants to be able to SELL seats instead of inflating attendance by giving them away. You STH's may be happy with your experience lately or not, but the fact remains the Panthers only fill the house when the opponent is one of the big boys, and they're filling it not with Panther fans, but with opposing fans.

This move may not accomplish much, but it shows the team at least isn't happy just to sit on its laurels and continue to give the show away like they always were with Yorkman.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
I love the "Boycott the Sunbelt" account. There comes a point when something/someone is so ridiculous and ignorant that it becomes funny to me.

I know I shouldn't pay it any attention, but I automatically feel bad when I read his stuff. It's dumb, I know, but I can't help it. It just gives me an empty feeling in my stomach.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
I'm betting the idea behind it is that the team wants to be able to SELL seats instead of inflating attendance by giving them away. You STH's may be happy with your experience lately or not, but the fact remains the Panthers only fill the house when the opponent is one of the big boys, and they're filling it not with Panther fans, but with opposing fans.

This move may not accomplish much, but it shows the team at least isn't happy just to sit on its laurels and continue to give the show away like they always were with Yorkman.

This. I feel like this move is them taking the first step towards changing things attendance-wise.

CoolburnIsGone

I dont see how replacing a mostly new ticket rep staff with another new staff is going to accomplish that. Keep in mind that they (Violas, Cifu, Babich, etc) had already replaced many of the ticket reps by midseason that were here previously once the sale went thru. I had a pretty average ticket rep to start the season but he "left" by mid November and was assigned a new rep who was actually good. Just doesnt make much sense to me if the end goal were what you were talking about. The way to do that is to train your staff properly that were recent hires and not fire the whole lot (I'm sure not all of them were poorly performing too).

Also, I just dont see how a sales staff is going to better sell seats to a team thats finished in the bottom 2 in 2 straight yrs. Better orgs than ours (see Detroit in the 80s) have gone thru worse attendance numbers and I'm sure they didnt constantly have upheaval in the sales staff.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Guys don't look now, but on the BOH we're apparently moving to Quebec in time for 2015 :shakehead

Ugh, I hate that board when it comes to threads about the Panthers. So many joke posts/ignorant people claiming that the Panthers have no fans and should relocate somewhere north. Nobody deserves to have their team taken away, if those people in those threads had THEIR team in jeopardy of being moved, I doubt they would act the way they do.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
So apparently, the decision was made to save money. Well, what the ****? I thought money wasn't a concern, I thought that Dale had the "green light" to spend however much he needed to this offseason? What happened to that?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
So apparently, the decision was made to save money. Well, what the ****? I thought money wasn't a concern, I thought that Dale had the "green light" to spend however much he needed to this offseason? What happened to that?

How is that in anyway relevant?

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
How is that in anyway relevant?

These firings fly right in the face of everything I thought about Viola. If they came out and said they did this to save money, that doesn't bode well for the offseason in terms of free agents.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Viola going to Broward County and asking for more money is what should be concerning, both for signing free agents and for the franchise's health in South Florida, not this. This is nothing. how much salary is being saved? 300k at most probably. I don't see how firing staff and free agency are really connected, the staff makes nothing lol.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Viola going to Broward County and asking for more money is what should be concerning, both for signing free agents and for the franchise's health in South Florida, not this. This is nothing. how much salary is being saved? 300k at most probably. I don't see how firing staff and free agency are really connected, the staff makes nothing lol.

The whole Broward County thing is much more concerning to me. I'm actually fairly nervous about it. When you combine both that and these firings, it doesn't look good.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00