Post-Game Talk: Panthers drive past Motor City with easy 4-0 win. 1st shutout for Bob

Which trademark Florida Panthers® event will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
wtf? Tro could be in for NEXT thursday? :facepalm:

Was day to day first, I guess the Panthers medical staff went to work with him

Day-to-day mean "We have no idea when he'll be back"

I don't know if that "day-to-day" thing is the same thing around the league. But for the Panthers, it seems like day-to-day could mean actual days, or weeks...or maybe months.

Reactions: Boothinator

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So on the spitting Chiclets podcast, their Chief Chicago Blackhawks guy was stating that when Q first came along, it took till about American Thanksgiving for him to implement his system.

If there's still more to come in about three weeks I will be ready. Cannot wait!

That was Duncan Keith right? And that's Duncan Keith

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Day-to-day mean "We have no idea when he'll be back"

I don't know if that "day-to-day" thing is the same thing around the league. But for the Panthers, it seems like day-to-day could mean actual days, or weeks...or maybe months.

Willie Mitchell was day to day back in January 2016.

He never came back.

Reactions: Mogo

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Dumb ass thread on the main board. Makes us look real pathetic tbh. I don't understand the point of making a thread about a team being in 3rd place, 13 games into the season. So f'ng dumb!

Sorry guys, in retrospective I maybe got a bit over-excited about the best start in ages and being ahead of Toronto and Tampa. Also, it has been the conclusion of the first month of the season after we got a new coach some new players, so it felt like it could be time to reflect on what has been good so far. On top of I was tired that all the talk about the Panthers on the mainboard is usually negative, right now we got only got that Bob thread going there.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Should be fine with Pysyk at rw vs Detroit but they need to call up an actual winger if Tro isnt back Thursday.

I think it's a given Pysyk will be at right wing on Saturday, as we don't have any forwards to plug in until we call someone up. Hopefully Tro will be back next week so we don't need to make a call up.

The real question is if it's going to be Brown or Stillman on the blue line. I thought Stillman was one of our better defenseman last game, so he should get another opportunity and Brown sits.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Sorry guys, in retrospective I maybe got a bit over-excited about the best start in ages and being ahead of Toronto and Tampa. Also, it has been the conclusion of the first month of the season after we got a new coach some new players, so it felt like it could be time to reflect on what has been good so far. On top of I was tired that all the talk about the Panthers on the mainboard is usually negative, right now we got only got that Bob thread going there.
The Bob thread really pissed me off. So many people who purely lookin at stats thinking they know how his play has been. I know Bob will be serving all-you-can-eat crow by the seasons end.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
No need to apologize for being excited.

Reactions: klabob

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I think it's a given Pysyk will be at right wing on Saturday, as we don't have any forwards to plug in until we call someone up. Hopefully Tro will be back next week so we don't need to make a call up.

The real question is if it's going to be Brown or Stillman on the blue line. I thought Stillman was one of our better defenseman last game, so he should get another opportunity and Brown sits.
Well they'll both be playing, right? Florida isn't going to dress only 17 skaters lol

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
The Bob thread really pissed me off. So many people who purely lookin at stats thinking they know how his play has been. I know Bob will be serving all-you-can-eat crow by the seasons end.
When that happens I want us to keep bumping that thread up every good game he has. Throw it back in their faces.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
I don't know whats with all the fuss with that thread on the main board. 13 games in, 3rd place in the division. Huge accomplishment. The banner would look nice next to the Celine Dion banner.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Didn't want to make it's own thread, but THG reviewed our October. It's a good watch

That guy is definitely on to something. The one thing the stats don't tell us is that Q is implementing a new system, that probably hasn't taken full effect yet. Like the podcast I heard today said, give it about three more weeks and we should be in all systems go mode.

I would also like to see Bob stats minus the game against Carolina and his 13 minutes played against Vancouver. I bet they're not that bad.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Didn't want to make it's own thread, but THG reviewed our October. It's a good watch

I liked it, agree with most of it, but as custom goes, I’ll just bring up what I disagree with, LOL.

He states that the Panthers record is 6-3-4, and “probably should be better”. He meant it in the way that they probably should have won more games playing the way they did. rather than that they should have played much better. He’s mostly saying that because of the leads they surrendered late and the OT/SO losses they have. But they also came back from down in the third 3 or 4 times and won a couple of them in OT/SO. I think they deserve the record that they have, because if he claims that they probably should have a better record, someone could then equally claim that they probably should have a worse record.

They really weren’t in 3 games at all. The Tampa season opener, the Carolina game and the Vancouver game. That’s the 3 regulation losses. The other 10 games had a couple of clear W’s and the rest was a split more or less. Pretty fair outcome.

He also said that they only have 6 wins out of 13, but those 4 losses aren’t in the same group as the 3 losses. Points wise as a W-L record it’s equivalent to 8-5. Not a losing record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad