Post-Game Talk: Panthers at Rangers

16 To Stanley*

It goes beyond Torts and Sullivan because the execution is the same as it was under Renney: too much passing, too much skating around the perimeter and everyone passing rather than shooting the puck.

It doesn't go beyond them. You tell them, 2 passes and a shot. Anyone who makes a third pass sits.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
It's not exclusive if Torts considers the offense to be a preparation for the backcheck. Dump, give the puck away as deep in the offensive zone as possible and prepare to play defense. Rinse and repeat for 60 minutes.

It's becoming nearly impossible to have a reasonable discussion about the coach on this forum.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I have been. Still can't come up with an answer.

I'd guess it's because that's sort of a silly rule. You shouldn't decide when to shoot based on an arbitrary number of passes before. You shoot when you have a good lane. Forcing players to shoot after one or two passes no matter the scenario is a good way to get your shots blocked and/or take bad shots that lead to turnovers.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
It's becoming nearly impossible to have a reasonable discussion about the coach on this forum.

It's Torts system man! He hates offense! He doesn't want us to score goals. JAM JAM JAM. He loves Boyle, even though he scratches him, and Bickel...even though he was waived.... but JAM JAM JAM.

And he was mean to Sean Avery! He hates offense, nobody can score under his system! Gaborik will never score 40 goals under...oh...wait...right. Well he doesn't coach offense! We heard him say it once! Just look at the past few seasons, where we've been last in goal scoring consis..tent...ly. Oh. um....

Well it's not like we did terrifically last ye-. Well at least we had a full training ca-. It's not like less than a year ago he was a Jack Adams finalist or anything!

Wait. Really?

Hmm. He's a clown? If I say that enough it has to be true, right? WHAT IF I TYPE IT IN ALL CAPS? CLOWN!.

::sigh::

We're all so sad and distressed.

edit: JAM JAM JAM JAM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad