Rumor: Panthers ask Hoffman for his NTC list (note: doesn't mean he's getting traded, but teams are asking)

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
The only way this Hoffman nonsense is real is if MH's agent is refusing to talk extension.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Then trade him during the off-season when we have more and better options

Agreed. Can't believe this is even a discussion. Last time we traded our leading scorer didn't work out so well. Hoffman's acquisition is one of the best in franchise history. Unless it's a grotesque overpayment that helps even more than MH already does and in the immediate, which no playoff team can afford to do at the TDL, then trading him makes no sense. None.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Agreed. Can't believe this is even a discussion. Last time we traded our leading scorer didn't work out so well. Hoffman's acquisition is one of the best in franchise history. Unless it's a grotesque overpayment that helps even more than MH already does and in the immediate, which no playoff team can afford to do at the TDL, then trading him makes no sense. None.
It would either be he's a huge locker room issue or Tallon has pulled some Trump level collusion with Panarin.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
It's like we've waited for a Bure-esque left-handed sniper since Pavel himself donned Panther colors and now that we FINALLY acquired one, we're choosing to keep Dadonov over him? Wtf?

There's no lock that we get Panarin.... there's no lock we get anyone! Why do this?! There's other ways to get a top-4 d-man. I'm very confused.

To be fair Dadonov is better than Hoffman I’d rather keep him also if I had to choose. Nonetheless unless Hoffman really is a terrible locker room guy there is no way in hell Tallon trades him. He waited and waited to get a sniper he finally gets one and now he trades him? This doesn’t make any sense and goes contrary to what he and the team have preached (mandate to win now) he won’t be traded unless the return is an overpayment.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
I didnt say they would. They would send us assets, which we could use to acquire a defenseman in the summer.

Hilarious to keep reading this. Yandle was a marquee trade/signing. Ekbkad, Matheson, Weegar, Brown and McCoshen are all Panthers draft picks. Read between the lines. They're not targeting a defenseman in the off-season. Kiselevich might be extended. Malgin and Pysyk might be offloaded. Sign Bob and Pan. Done.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It would either be he's a huge locker room issue or Tallon has pulled some Trump level collusion with Panarin.
What the hell does this mean? Unless you misspelled and meant “Hillary level collusion”.

Mods: I thought we weren’t supposed to talk politics here. However, note that I’m only responding in kind (and truthfully). Other than responding to snide remarks that are allowed to stand like the poster above, I have zero desire for politics here.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hjalmarsson.

It's not fair. But that's the only payment we should accept.

Not available. He has a NMC anyway. Besides, he has term and aren't you guys looking to cut cap for the CBJ guys?

Also curious what sort of return you're expecting for Huberdeau. Do you think he'll actually be moved? Personally I'd hang on to him. Cut other guys if you need cap.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
It's like we've waited for a Bure-esque left-handed sniper since Pavel himself donned Panther colors and now that we FINALLY acquired one, we're choosing to keep Dadonov over him? Wtf?

There's no lock that we get Panarin.... there's no lock we get anyone! Why do this?! There's other ways to get a top-4 d-man. I'm very confused.
Seriously. I don't get this at all unless we're trading Hoffman for someone better, which isn't happening.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Not available. He has a NMC anyway. Besides, he has term and aren't you guys looking to cut cap for the CBJ guys?

Also curious what sort of return you're expecting for Huberdeau. Do you think he'll actually be moved? Personally I'd hang on to him. Cut other guys if you need cap.
We have cap room, and about 8 million left over that would more than cover him.

Will we do it, is the question.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Maybe they’re considering trading Hoffman because they asked if he wanted to discuss an extension and he said no. With Vatrano, Riley, and now AHL goalie signing, seems we are trying to extend some players.

With that said, I would be more than happy to keep him and lose him for nothing if we make the playoffs next season. We have plenty of assets. I still would not move him until the offseason if we have to trade him. Plus he has list of teams he won’t go to so return options are limited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad