Rumor: Panthers ask Hoffman for his NTC list (note: doesn't mean he's getting traded, but teams are asking)

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
You do not even dream of it until Panarin is on the team and maybe not even then. If we sign Panarin and Bob we make a run at the cup.

For once in our lives we don’t have scoring issues because of him I swear to God if we Panthers this.

Edit: Saw it’s Pierre wouldn’t worry much.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
I think if Colombus was smart they would consider something involving Panarin for Hoffman. That’s the best they’re gonna get to replace a top line winger who they’re losing anyway, and Hoffman still gives them a shot to make the playoffs this year and maybe win a round. Plus theyd have him under contract another year.

I think ideally we could give them Reimer for Bob too, but I doubt it’d be that easy. Given the fact that Panarin and Bobrovsky have the same agent now, it seems really likely that they want to stay together. So we really need to grab and extend one and wager that the other one follows in free agency.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I think if Colombus was smart they would consider something involving Panarin for Hoffman. That’s the best they’re gonna get to replace a top line winger who they’re losing anyway, and Hoffman still gives them a shot to make the playoffs this year and maybe win a round. Plus theyd have him under contract another year.

I think ideally we could give them Reimer for Bob too, but I doubt it’d be that easy. Given the fact that Panarin and Bobrovsky have the same agent now, it seems really likely that they want to stay together. So we really need to grab and extend one and wager that the other one follows in free agency.

I wouldn't trade Hoffman for Panarin even if Hoffman was UFA...let alone trading him while he's under contract.

There's no way Hoffman will be traded for Panarin. And It's mind blowing that a Panthers' fan can think that it would ne a good trade for us.

Reactions: I am not exposed

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
There is zero certainty that either Bob or Bread, let alone both, will sign with the Panthers in the off season. What is known is that the team needs a top 4-RD and a goalie in the worst way. We have assets to trade at the TDL in the form of vets on expiring contracts plus players under contract like Hoffman, who may be available in a hockey trade at the TDL. We also may be trying to resign one or more of our pending UFAs, such as Brassard. We are obviously not making the play offs so the only current pressure on Tallon is to get a decent return on players with expiring contracts.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
We need Hoffman and panarin and bobrovsky and new top 4 dman.

We need to build a Stanley cup contender not some half assed first round loser.

This organization owes its fans a winner.

I can't like this enough. It would be so stupid for us to trade hoffman just because we're getting panarin. If we are adding panarin and supposedly getting bob, we better be aiming for a deep playoff run, otherwise it's just a recipe for getting in and out of the playoffs.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
I wouldn't trade Hoffman for Panarin even if Hoffman was UFA...let alone trading him while he's under contract.

There's no way Hoffman will be traded for Panarin. And It's mind blowing that a Panthers' fan can think that it would ne a good trade for us.

You’re saying you think Hoffman is a better player one for one with Panarin? Based on what exactly?

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
It's looking like trade for Duchene will be finalized tday with CBJ
OTT receives Abramov and Davidsson
CLB receives Duchene and Bergman
and I think OTT gets a pick 1st or 2nd or something if Duchene signs long term.
Wonder how this affects anything the Panthers were hoping to do with CBJ?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
It's looking like trade for Duchene will be finalized tday with CBJ
OTT receives Abramov and Davidsson
CLB receives Duchene and Bergman
and I think OTT gets a pick 1st or 2nd or something if Duchene signs long term.
Wonder how this affects anything the Panthers were hoping to do with CBJ?

Looks like Columbus is going all in, which means they will keep Panarin and Bob.
Which means if we go after them, it will be in the summer time when they are UFAs, thus not wasting picks/prospects on them. :) (edit: unless we trade for their rights after the playoffs)

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
You’re saying you think Hoffman is a better player one for one with Panarin? Based on what exactly?

Where did I say that Hoffman is a better player? He's not

do you know what UFA means? Serious question

Trading Hoffman for an UFA doesn't make sense at all, no matter how good that UFA is.

And why would you trade Hoffman for Panarin if Hoffman was UFA? Doesn't make sense again.

If Panarin wants to play here, he'll sign July 1st. If he doesn't, playing 20 games with the team this season won't make him change his mind, especially if keep sucking.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
I wouldn't trade Hoffman for Panarin even if Hoffman was UFA...let alone trading him while he's under contract

What you said is you wouldn’t trade Hoffman for Panarin (UFA) even if Hoffman was a UFA. So to me, that means one-for-one and all things being equal (both ufa) you’d take Hoffman. What did I miss there? Legit confused about what you mean.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
What you said is you wouldn’t trade Hoffman for Panarin (UFA) even if Hoffman was a UFA. So to me, that means one-for-one and all things being equal (both ufa) you’d take Hoffman. What did I miss there? Legit confused about what you mean.

Well...it's not "one-for-one" actually. It'd be one for...NOTHING. Panarin has no value for us if we don't make the playoffs. We can sign him in july, why give assets for him?

If Hoffman was UFA, he'd be traded for picks and/or prospects. Not for another UFA

Give me 10$ (Hoffman) and I'll give 20$ (Panarin). I'll use your 20$ to have some beers (Playoffs). But you, just keep your 10$ for a few weeks, and then burn it...How does your deal look now?

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I really hate the idea of trading Hoffman.

It's like we've waited for a Bure-esque left-handed sniper since Pavel himself donned Panther colors and now that we FINALLY acquired one, we're choosing to keep Dadonov over him? Wtf?

There's no lock that we get Panarin.... there's no lock we get anyone! Why do this?! There's other ways to get a top-4 d-man. I'm very confused.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad