Rumor: Panthers ask Hoffman for his NTC list (note: doesn't mean he's getting traded, but teams are asking)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I+am+the+only+english+guy+in+my+class+where+_689afc5e7b8a043b98a73862fa8e78fa.gif

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Not a fan at all of idea trading Hoffman. Major reason our PP has been so good.

I understand it tho as he'll be UFA after next season and I doubth we'll have money to resign him. Expecially if we sign Panarin then we need to keep his pal Dadonov.

In the end. I hope we just dont dump Hoffman and not even sign Panarin

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Not a fan at all of idea trading Hoffman. Major reason our PP has been so good.

I understand it tho as he'll be UFA after next season and I doubth we'll have money to resign him. Expecially if we sign Panarin then we need to keep his pal Dadonov.

In the end. I hope we just dont dump Hoffman and not even sign Panarin
We can trade him this offseason and probably have more options and a better return. If we can’t extend him and we are out of the playoff race we can move him next deadline.

Hard to see how any team can trade for him at the deadline and send us a top 4 d now

Last edited:

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
We can trade him this offseason and probably have more options and a better return. If we can’t extend him and we are out of the playoff race we can move him next deadline.

Hard to see how any team can trade for him at the deadline and send us a top 4 d now
Could be a 3-way trade for one of Anaheim's guy. Send him to Anaheim and they flip him for picks or something.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
No thanks.

Well, actually having Kulikov back would be kind of fun haha.

Have no interest in Laine, especially with how much he will be asking for.

Yeah, who would want a 20 year old with 100 career goals already, centered by his fellow countryman. He might be in a slump, but he is still on pace for 35 goals, and has an elite shot.

Reactions: klabob

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I seriously doubt Hoffman would be moved for anything other than help on the blueline. If his job is on the line, and the ownership wants results over the next year+, Dale will not be accepted picks and prospects for Hoffman, or anyone else with time left on their contract.

Reactions: Multigrain

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Since his five goal game on November 24th, Laine has six (6) goals in 38 games, that's on pace for 12 goals over 82 games. The last thing we need is for our top scorer to be unmotivated.

Reactions: I am not exposed

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
we BETTER sign Panarin if we trade hoffman. hes was the more likely casualty because huberdeau has 4yrs remaining while hoff only has 1, and dadonov would be a necessity im sure for panarin (or at least a large influencer in the deal). the only problem is huberdeau could actually return a top-4 D, hoff with only 1yr remaining most likely wont, especially being at the trade deadline why would a contender give up a top-4 D? it wont happen.

im hoping the ducks, even though they could totally do this in the offseason then, but if the ducks are willing to move Manson or more likely Montour, then its not bad.

my guess is a team like calgary or winnipeg. calgary really only has valimaki, which i doubt theyll trade, and winnipeg has brossoit, i guess. idk, i dont see this working out well

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Since his five goal game on November 24th, Laine has six (6) goals in 38 games, that's on pace for 12 goals over 82 games. The last thing we need is for our top scorer to be unmotivated.
He'd be plenty motivated playing next to his call of duty buddy.

And he'd get less than Panarin.

But lets get real, Laine isnt available. I am just distraught by all this. Someone kidnap Dale.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
We went from 23rd on the PP to 3rd best in the league. I know people want to credit McFarland for the PP success, but it's painfully obvious the reason is Hoff and the threat of his lethal shot, as well as the chemistry between he and Yans. Tallon would be extremely foolish to trade him away, get rid of someone else's contract like Matheson, who hasn't proven we can count on him for consistent offense and defense.

Reactions: klabob

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
There’s no way Tallon wasn’t going to explore this. We aren’t looking good at all for playoffs and his value will never be higher, let be real here.

If someone desperate comes knocking after missing out on other options, I think we have to entertain it if it’s fair value.

I think this comes down to Tallon just doing his due diligence on a player that, by the sounds of it, is very sought after.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad