Confirmed with Link: Panthers and Canucks trade- Mod Warning post 87

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
McCann has prove nothing in the NHL and he's not a A+ or A prospect. I think he can be a 2nd or 3rd center in this league, but even if he does, how a 2nd/3rd line center + a 2nd for a top 4 defensmen is an overpayement?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
McCann has prove nothing in the NHL and he's not a A+ or A prospect. I think he can be a 2nd or 3rd center in this league, but even if he does, how a 2nd/3rd line center + a 2nd for a top 4 defensmen is an overpayement?

Maybe he's not an A+ or A.

But he's an A-. You don't play 69 NHL games for a veteran team before your 20th birthday if your not a pretty good player.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

But he's an A-. You don't play 69 NHL games for a veteran team before your 20th birthday if your not a pretty good player.

From what I've read he forced them to give him a roster spot, so he wasn't gifted he earned that.
And you don't put up 81 points in 56 games in the OHL(from Senysh team) at 18-19 and be a okay prospect.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
A buddy of mine is a huge canucks fan and does a fan pod-cast in Vancouver.

Here's what he said:

"Defenceman cost an arm and a leg in today's game. It's also the biggest problem the canucks had (piss poor defence).
They can draft Chychun or juolevi and hope they pan out in 4 years or get a proven NHL'er.
Idiot canuck fans are calling foul, but it's nothing compared to what Dallas gave up for Kris Russell.
I'm glad to see McCann go. He was already lost in the canucks shuffle. Canucks back end gets much better. Sad about the 2nd round pick but Jim Benning must have a hunch on a steal in the 5th round to get that pick back from florida."

I don't know much about McCann but I'm a Gudbranson fan for sure.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Why did the Panthers want to move Gudbranson? Does anyone know?

Just saw a tweet on the main page saying he had turned down 4y 4.5M contract offer and took a 1year instead.
So they don't think he is worth it and the expansion draft.

Matheson seemed to have stolen his place and he's on ELC, and they signed SHL's Erik Karlsson(what he was called on SHL) to ELC earlier this month.

edit,
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards · 58s58 seconds ago

One reason #FlaPanthers traded Erik Gudbranson: told he turned down four year deal worth $4.5m per before taking one-year bridge at $3.5.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site

A veteran team who finished 28th in the league. A veteran team desperate for some fresh young talent who had a place for McCann, but also Virtanen and Horvat.

I agree about a A- prospect, but even if his max ceiling is probably an okayish 2nd line center, I see more of a good 3rd line center. Don't think he as enough offense in him to be a good 2nd line center.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
From what I've read he forced them to give him a roster spot, so he wasn't gifted he earned that.
And you don't put up 81 points in 56 games in the OHL(from Senysh team) at 18-19 and be a okay prospect.

Those are good but not special numbers.

Was beaten by undrafted: McDavid, Marner, Strome, Debrincat.
Was also beaten by fellow 2014 class: Bennet, Fabbri, Dal Colle, Dvorak and in the same "league" as Perlini, Milano and Ho Sang.

Again, I think he'll be a good 3rd liner who can chip in offensively on a contender team, or a 2nd liner on a team with a lack of depth at center. To me trading that and a 2nd for a young top 4 defensmen is NOT a bad deal.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Those are good but not special numbers.

Was beaten by undrafted: McDavid, Marner, Strome, Debrincat.
Was also beaten by fellow 2014 class: Bennet, Fabbri, Dal Colle, Dvorak and in the same "league" as Perlini, Milano and Ho Sang.

Again, I think he'll be a good 3rd liner who can chip in offensively on a contender team, or a 2nd liner on a team with a lack of depth at center. To me trading that and a 2nd for a young top 4 defensmen is NOT a bad deal.

McDavid is generational, Strome/Marner/ whatever are one of the best prospects in the game.

You can't value Senyshyn that highly then, he's a max 3rd liner then.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
McDavid is generational, Strome/Marner/ whatever are one of the best prospects in the game.

You can't value Senyshyn that highly then, he's a max 3rd liner then.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Senyshyn. Nothing.

ref is talking about McCann's upside and I happen to agree with him. Used almost the precise terminology in another conversation I had earlier today.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This has absolutely nothing to do with Senyshyn. Nothing.

ref is talking about McCann's upside and I happen to agree with him. Used almost the precise terminology in another conversation I had earlier today.

I used Seny earlier as somewhat comparable piece to give up for Gub, and they played on the same team, and 1 had 81 points in 56 games, and the other 65 in 66, different years, same age.
So I can't see how Ref is high on Seny if McCann will likely end up as a 3rd line C.

I don't know how at this point one can say he will likely top out as a 3rd line C, again 81 points in 56 games is impressive, and he forced Vancouver to give him a roster spot at 19y, he's nowhere near his ceiling and I'd say more like atleast he'll end up as 3rd line C.
You can already put him on your 3rd line.

Last edited:

Mr. Make-Believe

I used Seny earlier as somewhat comparable piece to give up for Gub, and they played on the same team, and 1 had 81 points in 56 games, and the other 65 in 66.
So I can't see how Ref is high on Seny if McCann will likely end up as a 3rd line C.

I don't know how at this point one can say he will likely top out as a 3rd line C, again 81 points in 56 games is impressive, and he forced Vancouver to give him a roster spot at 19y, he's nowhere near his ceiling and I'd say more like atleast he'll end up as 3rd line C.

Because they are two completely different ****ing players that have absolutely nothing to do with one another. That's why.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Because they are two completely different ****ing players that have absolutely nothing to do with one another. That's why.

What prospect from the Bruins is closer to that then?
It's not Vatrano.

Seny vs Mc, From the same team, both can score goals, have good shots, can play wing, but McCann can play C too, 1 year age difference, don't know how they are ......ng completely different players/prospects.

Mr. Make-Believe

What prospect from the Bruins is closer to that then?
It's not Vatrano.

Seny vs Mc, From the same team, both can score goals, have good shots, can play wing, but McCann can play C too, 1 year age difference, don't know how they are ......ng completely different players/prospects.

Well if you don't get it, then I can't help ya buddy.

But please feel free to follow this up with something else entirely irrelevant like maybe the makeup of the Colorado Avalanche defence, or the draft of 1996.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Well if you don't get it, then I can't help ya buddy.

But please feel free to follow this up with something else entirely irrelevant like maybe the makeup of the Colorado Avalanche defence, or the draft of 1996.

Why can't you answer to simple question?

We all know Sweeney wants to add a young RD, Vancouver add a young RD and paid McCann+33, who's Bostons closest comparable?
How isn't it Seny, who is the same size about, from the same team, both can score and have good shots(McCanns strenght), drafted 1 year apart on the 1st round.

Mr. Make-Believe

Why can't you answer to simple question?

We all know Sweeney wants to add a young RD, Vancouver add a young RD and paid McCann+33, who's Bostons closest comparable?
How isn't it Seny, who is the same size about, from the same team, both can score and have good shots(McCanns strenght), drafted 1 year apart on the 1st round.

Um... Because it had nothing to do with what I was talking about. Nothing to do with an honest opinion about a player's likely upside.

But since you brought it up, I think Andrew Luck gets a bit of a bad rap for his season last year. A couple of real improvements to that offensive line and he's top five IMO.

What do you think of Wes Anderson films?

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Um... Because it had nothing to do with what I was talking about. Nothing to do with an honest opinion about a player's likely upside.

But since you brought it up, I think Andrew Luck gets a bit of a bad rap for his season last year. A couple of real improvements to that offensive line and he's top five IMO.

You replied to my post about Seny and his ceiling questioning, I was trying to find out comparable for Gubranson level D-player and what it would take from the Bruins.
So once more what do you think it would have taken?
San Jose 1st + x?

Still don't get how McCann maxes out as a player what he already can be at 19/20y.

Mr. Make-Believe

What do you think of Wes Anderson films?

You replied to my post about Seny and his ceiling questioning, I was trying to find out comparable for Gubranson level D-player and what it would take from the Bruins.
San Jose 1st + x?

Still don't get how McCann maxes out as a player what he already can be at 19/20y.

Why can't you answer a simple question?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Why can't you answer a simple question?

You can see that doesn't show up on my reply post to you.

But this is a normal trade thread, where Florida traded their young RD, something Sweeney desperately wants to add.

What's so damm bad about trying to find the value from the Bruins side what it would take to get a same level player?

Mr. Make-Believe

San Jose 1st + x?

Now that we're on a totally different subject:

1) Jared McCann was a low-end second line center/high end third one center this year? Could have fooled me. That's something (as I've said before) I could see him growing into. And not as a 20 year old.

2) The Bruins don't have that comparable. As far as upside is concerned? I'd say Danton Heinen or JFK.

Mr. Make-Believe

You can see that doesn't show up on my reply post to you.

But this is a normal trade thread, where Florida traded their young RD, something Sweeney desperately wants to add.

What's so damm bad about trying to find the value from the Bruins side what it would take to get a same level player?

It's bad when you take a condescending attitude toward a poster while not at all replying to what that poster said. It's damn bad.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

Why did the Panthers want to move Gudbranson? Does anyone know?

Have to think it also has to do with their shake up in their management and their new analytical approach. An area he doesn't exactly shine in. Some people also questioning whether Dale Tallon has much say in all in his new role.

Also should be pointed out that Gudbranson is 2 years away from unrestricted free agency. Have to believe the Canucks will want to lock him up as soon as possible, but heard Bob Mckenzie on radio hinting that may have been his plan with his 1 year extension and arb rights as an RFA next year. Become UFA at 26.

Mr. Make-Believe

Have to think it also has to do with their shake up in their management and their new analytical approach. An area he doesn't exactly shine in. Some people also questioning whether Dale Tallon has much say in all in his new role.

Also should be pointed out that Gudbranson is 2 years away from unrestricted free agency. Have to believe the Canucks will want to lock him up as soon as possible, but heard Bob Mckenzie on radio hinting that may have been his plan with his 1 year extension and arb rights as an RFA next year. Become UFA at 26.

Oh! I wasn't aware that Dale Tallon had taken on a different position with the Panthers. That actually clears things up a lot.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Now that we're on a totally different subject:

1) Jared McCann was a low-end second line center/high end third one center this year? Could have fooled me. That's something (as I've said before) I could see him growing into. And not as a 20 year old.

2) The Bruins don't have that comparable. As far as upside is concerned? I'd say Danton Heinen or JFK.

1), was said more likely tops out as a 3rd line player, where he could already play at 19y, and has been said he has been able to add weight and is about 195lbs right now which would lead to believe he can be a true 3rd liner next year, weight/strenght was his issue this year.
I'd like to think Pasta is not going to be a 3rd liner next year.

2) the question was closest comparable, not who's the exact McCann prospect.
I see Seny right now better comparable than those 2.

It's bad when you take a condescending attitude toward a poster while not at all replying to what that poster said. It's damn bad.

What does that even mean?
Haven't seen you ask a question outside that late edit of writer.

Again you replied to my Seny post 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad