Confirmed with Link: Panthers acquire Mike Hoffman & 2018 7th from SJ, for 2019 2nd & 2018 4th + 5th round picks

Breaking Dadonov

Jan 25, 2018
How fast is Hoff compared to the other guys like Dads/Tro?

I'm excited to see if we can finally do some damage on the power play. His snipes will be a welcomed addition.

-ghoste
I was watching highlights of him from last season there was a play where he was chasing after the puck with a defender slightly ahead of him and Hoffman just blew by him for a breakaway goal. It really impressed me. I think he’s immediately one of the fastest forwards on our team.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Interesting that Tallon said he would be Trochecks winger most of us have him penciled in with Barky

I think most have him penciled in with Trocheck

Hopefully Tippett is ready to jump into top 6 so we can drop Bjugstad out of top 6 or trade him

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I think most have him penciled in with Trocheck

Hopefully Tippett is ready to jump into top 6 so we can drop Bjugstad out of top 6 or trade him

I'm still hoping. I think he's the last piece of suck that needs to go from the dynasty team.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Why do people think Sateri is so bad?

He was actually the first spark that started the Panthers awesome spring run. He's learned a lot and can be better.

It's really weird that people apparently assum he's not that good. I don't know why.

I don’t think anybody thinks Sateri in bad. I think most of us would like to see Reimer get traded and Sateri and somebody else competent compete for the 2nd and 3rd goalie spot.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Watching those Hoffman highlights, I think it's interesting that a ton of his goals, especially on the PP, were him playing offhand RW. I think he'd be okay there.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Link please? I know Defranks said it, and I think he will be just because they need to maximize Bjugs' effectiveness and play him with Barkov, but I didn't see DT say anything.

I don't like playing someone like Bjugstad with your best guy to get something out of Bjugstad.

Boston was one of the best teams in the league because they had probably the best line in the league.
Florida could built something similar.

Throw Bjugstad to the 3rd with the kids, the 3rd can't be just a kids line.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Link please? I know Defranks said it, and I think he will be just because they need to maximize Bjugs' effectiveness and play him with Barkov, but I didn't see DT say anything.

I was referring to people saying Hoffman will be Barkov’s winger. Tallon went ahead and said that he will be Trochecks winger or something to the effect that we acquired him to play with Trocheck. This also means Huberdeau will be shifting back with Barkov or playing with Borgstrom.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I was referring to people saying Hoffman will be Barkov’s winger. Tallon went ahead and said that he will be Trochecks winger or something to the effect that we acquired him to play with Trocheck. This also means Huberdeau will be shifting back with Barkov or playing with Borgstrom.

Hoffman can play RW too.

So the second line still could be Huby-Tro-Hoffman

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Hoffman can play RW too.

So the second line still could be Huby-Tro-Hoffman

It’s possible but we are a bit thin on the left wing outside of Huberdeau and now Hoffman. So if we have them on the same it forces another player to play out of position.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
doesn't matter where anyone thinks he's going to slot in the lineup as of now, Tallon included. Boughner will mix up the lines until he finds the best combos

I think Boughner will try him out, but since Barkov Dadonov is working, and Huby played in junior with Hoffman. I could see Boughner stays with the Line if no Big chances comeing up.

Btw why does Bjugstad doesnt have a fiance like Hoffmann. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad