Panthers 2015 Draft Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
is there anything wrong with taking the BPA? sure it may not feel a need but I've seen, too many times (more so in the NBA) where you draft to fill a need and not the BPA and it burns you.....

If the BPA is a Dmen when they go up to bat, take him. fill the need through trade or free agency.

Unlike most people here, I haven't watched some of these prospects play too much so I wouldn't know much about them. just wondering based on hypotheticals

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
i hate craig button and bleach report sucks. bob mackenzie is the only guy thats credible in my eyes

Pretty much. Bleacher Report put out a pre-lottery mock that listed us as the Carolina Panthers :laugh: Button is close-ish but this isn't exactly a tough draft to pick 14 plausible top picks.

We wont draft a defenseman. We need a goalscorer like Meier, or maybe Konecny. Barzal having a strong U18 so far..

Agreed. Konecny is really growing on me.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Travis Konecny highlights.

That speed.
That shot.
That release.

We can't go wrong with this selection, and we won't IMO.

So many talented forwards will be available at 11th if we make the selection... We just have to pick the right one...

But IMO with one of Barzal, Konecny, Meier, Zacha and Rantanen likely available when it is our pick, I really hope that Tallon makes the selection and wait another year before giving our first pick in a trade to improve now !

Sharp won't cost us a first either, and the 11th pick overall will be our top offensive prospect and another amazing building blocks !

Personally, I'm more and more wishing for Zacha to be the player. Having Jagr to teach him how to master North-America and dominate would be unreal !

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I fear Rantanen brings elements that we already have much like Barkov and he's coming from the big ice surface. Who knows how long the adjustment will take. We need diversity in our lineup. No on our roster has speed, release and shot package like Konecny. He's undersized but possesses very, very high level of skill.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I fear Rantanen brings elements that we already have much like Barkov and he's coming from the big ice surface. Who knows how long the adjustment will take. We need diversity in our lineup. No on our roster has speed, release and shot package like Konecny. He's undersized but possesses very, very high level of skill.

I think Rantanen would be good with Bjugstad. Meier and Konecny would be good with Barkov. I'm fine with pretty much anyone available, as this draft is so deep through the first 15 picks or so.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I was leaning towards Meier first and Konecny second but I agree that we need to focus on speed and shot in this draft. While Meier will get you some goals and is a big body, he lacks the speed, shot, and release of Travis. This is an area that Tallon recognizes needs an upgrade if we are to compete in our division. Think of Konecny as Pirri with the skating of Rocco. He had a tough season this year with a concussion early on by a cheap shot and then his arm or shoulder the last few weeks of the season. Needs to bulk up a bit and tone the physical stuff down a tad if he is to remain healthy at the pro level.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

Just because Zacha is 6'4, doesn't mean he isn't a speedster !

Konecny is awesome, don't get me wrong... But I think Zacha is getting overlooked by a lot of Panthers fans at the moment.

The guy has an NHL caliber wrist-shot, an hair-thin trigger ! He also has speed, size, physicality and character !

As I said, can't go wrong with the kids who will be available at 11h IMO.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Just because Zacha is 6'4, doesn't mean he isn't a speedster !

Konecny is awesome, don't get me wrong... But I think Zacha is getting overlooked by a lot of Panthers fans at the moment.

The guy has an NHL caliber wrist-shot, an hair-thin trigger ! He also has speed, size, physicality and character !

As I said, can't go wrong with the kids who will be available at 11h IMO.

Tallon will get scared off because his name is Pavel. :sarcasm:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Whoever we pick should be developed slowly and properly.

What I think too ! :laugh:

But like someone said before... I just want Tallon to think outside of the box a little bit, like he did with Barkov !

And him selecting Zacha or Rantanen is just that !

I have a feeling Rantanen will be gone by 11, he's pretty high on some mocks.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
It's a great outcome for us though. McDavid goes out west and to a team that's already loaded with forwards with poor d-core & goaltending.

Also:

Not if you work with two Oilers fans, and sit next to one. Absolute joke. Wish Arizona had won it. **** Edmonton. They just become one of my least favourite teams. Wouldn't be surprised if they won the draft next year.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Seems that way.

Yes this draft is that deep.. Its why I have stood by my choice to keep the pick... Also this pick could make the team.. Might not be ideal but it could happen. Can't go wrong with Meier or konecny.. I bet he drafts konecny. But I prefer Meier.. Would love either.. Conner is a sleeper... Guys gonna be good.. Just he is a few away.. Zacha could be our lucic with a lil more skill.. Kids mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille