Panik headshot/Smith suspendable play?

stish

Not much of a slash. Panik sold it. The crosscheck was pretty dirty though. No suspension, but a fine fine for the crosscheck.

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
Neck? I thought he broke it on his shoulder. If he crosschecked Panik in the neck, Panik would have gone down and be seriously injured. Clip/gif?

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Smith should be suspended for making embarrassing the red wings organization in that fight

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
I hope you know that the media in Toronto hates the Leafs. They are the least homer media in the league.

I don't think out of town fans really know how bad it is. The talking heads always have a hard time filling the dead air when the Leafs are winning(insert "how would you ever know?" joke here).

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not much of a slash. Panik sold it. The crosscheck was pretty dirty though. No suspension, but a fine fine for the crosscheck.

Going down after a hard two handed slash to the ribs, is selling it?

Smith is an idiot, and could have seriously injured Panik.

Disgusting. 3-5 games.

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
Going down after a hard two handed slash to the ribs, is selling it?

Smith is an idiot, and could have seriously injured Panik.

Disgusting. 3-5 games.

I'd be surprised if it got more then 2. Probably no suspension. Broken bone slashes have gone unsuspended before.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I'd be surprised if it got more then 2. Probably no suspension. Broken bone slashes have gone unsuspended before.

I'm pretty sure it was just a joke response to the dumb Panik suspension thread... the slash/crosscheck weren't really more than 2 minute penalties

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

This was very close to Chris Simon on Ryan Hollweg. Cross check to shoulder-neck-face area was lesser, but add in a viscous two hander to the ribs, and it brings the offense up to level.

Not something that should be in the game, and Smith needs to be given a wake up call

In all seriousness, should be 1-2 games

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
This was very close to Chris Simon on Ryan Hollweg. Cross check to shoulder-neck-face area was lesser, but add in a viscous two hander to the ribs, and it brings the offense up to level.

Not something that should be in the game, and Smith needs to be given a wake up call

In all seriousness, should be 1-2 games

But throwing somebody's face into the glass when you see numbers SHOULD belong in the game?

leafstilldeath*

:laugh:

Is this even thread worthy?

Panik with a solid clean hit and won the knuckle brawl against that baby "don't touch me" Smith.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
No. Smiths slash was idiotic. And Paniks headshot was not really anything bad. But to say Smiths slash was as bad some of the previous ones you mentioned is way off base. I realize you hate the red wings but cmon man.

I was kidding about the Chris Simon comparison.

Panik's "headshot" WASN'T a headshot :laugh: It was a clean shoulder to shoulder hit.

Smith's actions are non-defend-able, and can't be justified. He should sit a game or two

Ralphy*

Any more discussion about the cities these players play in will get you an infraction or thread ban.

Smith plays for the Red Wings in Detroit, Panik plays for the Leafs in Toronto. :D

No but seriously, I don't think either play is suspendable. Panik probably should have chilled with that lead at that point in the game, Smith probably shouldn't have slashed/cross-checked in response.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
You gotta be kidding me...nothing wrong with that hit. You must've been looking at a different hit than everyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad