Panik headshot/Smith suspendable play?

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
:lol: :lol: :lol:

/the only appropriate response

Smith with the overreaction there. He pulled up to avoid the check and nearly got out of the way. Smith is lucky that panik started standing and took that crosscheck on the shoulder because smith was aiming for the head. Too bad about the haymaker.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
I was kidding about the Chris Simon comparison.

Panik's "headshot" WASN'T a headshot :laugh: It was a clean shoulder to shoulder hit.

Smith's actions are non-defend-able, and can't be justified. He should sit a game or two

Fair enough, I was watching from a bar so maybe I need to see the hit again.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I was kidding about the Chris Simon comparison.

Panik's "headshot" WASN'T a headshot :laugh: It was a clean shoulder to shoulder hit.

Smith's actions are non-defend-able, and can't be justified. He should sit a game or two

For a slash and crosscheck? Come on.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Panik is suspended 0 games for a clean hit. Smith, on the other hand, should be suspended for the slash to the ribs and breaking his stick over Panik's back with the ensuing cross-check. Panik beat the **** out of him afterwards though, so I won't care if he's not suspended.

Riiiight.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
For a slash and crosscheck? Come on.

It was more than a slash and a cross check.

Strong two handed slash to the ribs, which isn't a very padded area, Panik goes down hurt, and Smith proceeds to cross check Panik in the shoulder/neck, hard enough to break his stick.

Two back-to-back incidents intended to cause serious physical harm to an opposing player.

It's the exact reason why suspensions are a thing

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
It was more than a slash and a cross check.

Strong two handed slash to the ribs, which isn't a very padded area, Panik goes down hurt, and Smith proceeds to cross check Panik in the shoulder/neck, hard enough to break his stick.

Two back-to-back incidents intended to cause serious physical harm to an opposing player.

It's the exact reason why suspensions are a thing

A slash that did not cause apparent injury and a crosscheck to the arm in the heat of the moment.

If Lucic gets a measly fine after taking an unprovoked two-handed chop to the crotch on Dekeyser, then Smith doesn't get anything.

Ralphy*

Why is nobody mentioning Franson tossing Datsyuk to the ice? :laugh:

Easily worth 30+ games.

leafstilldeath*

Hit @ around 1:10. Shoulder to Shoulder

And then Smith rightfully got the crap beat out of him. Smith is a little girl he should go play no contact hockey

Ralphy*

Well I'd hope so considering Smith had his jersey over his head the entire fight.

Well yeah, because that's a common fighting tactic known as "jerseying" someone. It's not like Smith decided to give Panik the advantage by purposely putting the jersey over his own head. :laugh:

stish

Well I'd hope so considering Smith had his jersey over his head the entire fight.
Which made Smith look even more foolish for trying to be a tough guy after not being able to take a hit. I'll give Smith an A for effort and an F for execution.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005

That's part of fighting. He got beaten like a red-headed stepchild. He got punked by a guy with 0 NHL fights. But to give Smith credit, he was doing well while he was swinging his stick...he just had some bad luck in breaking it. Stupid composites...always breaking at the worst times.

Kessel got suspended for a slash to the shin pad. Perhaps the NHL will feel Smith was punished enough already and show him mercy...unlike Panik.

Ralphy*

If Smith is a little girl, how did he have the strength to dish out "the dirtiest slash of all time"? :sarcasm:

You remember the episode of The Simpsons where Maggie saves Homer from drowning? It was just like that. Baby super strength. :sarcasm:

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
He should be forced to stay with the Leafs for his entire career.

Hard to top such punishment.
You just sound salty about the loss. win like a man lose like a man. Y'know, your Red Wings lost the season series to the Leafs right? And to the op, no games because it wasn't dangerous. If anything Smith should get in trouble for the slash on the ribs and the crosscheck that snapped his stick.

Last edited:

JukofYork

Mar 22, 2014
Panik owned us tonight. I dont know how he usually plays but if tonight is telling...hes a very solid player. those hits..goal and fight is how every hockey player should play.

Good game tonight leafs...you looked good.

Lurked4Yearz

Nov 23, 2011
Quebec
QfyDAQZ.png

I guess Smith's helmet is being magically pushed up on his head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad