Panarin

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Damn straight.

The difference between Panarin at 12 and 10 per can be made up churning one relatively marginal roster spot elsewhere. You basically can’t overpay true stars in this market. The mistake is paying second and third tier players like elite ones.

I would happily pay Panarin more than 12 million myself, even if it meant making him the highest paid player in the league. I would make the most aggressive offer possible. If he leaves the money on the table because of taxes, or nice weather, or some other reason, then oh well, you did everything you could to get him here.

This is not a normal FA situation. EK and/or Panarin are worth getting silly over.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I would happily pay Panarin more than 12 million myself, even if it meant making him the highest paid player in the league. I would make the most aggressive offer possible. If he leaves the money on the table because of taxes, or nice weather, or some other reason, then oh well, you did everything you could to get him here.

This is not a normal FA situation. EK and/or Panarin are worth getting silly over.

McDavid is at 12.5. Sure, pay him. Even at 2.5 or 3MM difference, the upgrade from a Duchene type to a Panarin is more than worth not signing a vet 3C/2nd pair RHD in 2 years.

Reactions: VladDrag and mja

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I like the sounds of 10.5 x 7 and I’d go 12 million a year easy. We are going to have such a deep skilled, well slotted team if we get him. I think he’d like philly.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Does Bryce Harper choosing Philly make it more attractive to free agents in other sports? Serious question.
Does Bryce Harper choosing Philly make it more attractive to free agents in other sports? Serious question.

i dont think it matters from sport to sport.
Philly's level of attractiveness is different per sport.

I think the Flyers have been always an attractive spot.
Eagles are an attractive spot.
I think the Harper signing affects the Phillies alot. Now, they're more likely to become an attractive spot.

Apparently, the Sixers aren;t an attractive spot since none of the big names consider them.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Russians love baseball. Fact.

latest

Reactions: Rebels57

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Erik Karlsson or Panarin.

If you land either or, we become an instant playoff power house.

Panarin I have a tough time believing he would want to come to philly. He’s said he wants to go to New York or Florida, maybe even Vancouver.

Karlsson, I think San Jose keeps him. If not I would throw lots of $ at him. Maybe a 5 year deal.

And That signing does not mean Gostisbehere is going to be traded. You keep both. Karlsson, Gostisbehere, Voracek, Giroux, Van Reimsdyk. On the PP. lethal.

And your 5 on 5 D pairings.

Provorov—Karlsson
Sanheim—Myers
Morin—Gostisbehere

Regardless though, I think flyers #1 need is getting a forward who can snipe! A natural goal scorer.

Reactions: Tripod and baudib1

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Love Karlsson, but that reconstructed left ankle worries the crap out of me.

From a TSN article at the start of the 2017-18 season:

It took Erik Karlsson a few minutes to find the right words on Wednesday morning, but he finally was able to describe how his left ankle and foot feel after undergoing surgery in the middle of June.

“It’s hard to truly say exactly what is different. It feels like I have a leather piece in my one ankle and you can’t really move it,” Karlsson told a crowd of reporters. “It’s going to take some getting used to, but again, I think I can manage this pretty well right now.”

“They took half of my ankle bone out and the part that is still there should be as normal possible,” Karlsson revealed.

The Sens defenceman – who finished second in the NHL with 201 blocked shots last season – was asked if taking a puck to the ankle could cause further damage.

“If you get a shot there, there’s always a risk of you breaking it – whether it’s the same ankle or something else,” he said. “But it’s not something I’m worried about. Hopefully I can block a little bit different.”

https://www.tsn.ca/karlsson-reveals-more-about-ankle-injury-1.868641

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Erik Karlsson or Panarin.

If you land either or, we become an instant playoff power house.

Panarin I have a tough time believing he would want to come to philly. He’s said he wants to go to New York or Florida, maybe even Vancouver.

Karlsson, I think San Jose keeps him. If not I would throw lots of $ at him. Maybe a 5 year deal.

And That signing does not mean Gostisbehere is going to be traded. You keep both. Karlsson, Gostisbehere, Voracek, Giroux, Van Reimsdyk. On the PP. lethal.

And your 5 on 5 D pairings.

Provorov—Karlsson
Sanheim—Myers
Morin—Gostisbehere

Regardless though, I think flyers #1 need is getting a forward who can snipe! A natural goal scorer.
He said New York? To a team in total rebuild. Where did you see this?

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
What makes you guys think he’d want to come to Philly?

1. money, and lot's of it.

2. an organization with a reputation for treating players in a first class manner.

3. excellent training and practice facilities with easy access for players.

4. an up and coming team, with a top Russian D-man.

5. a chance to play with skilled players who will showcase his talents.

6. an east coast city that's more livable than most.

7. a real sports town.

8. easy, direct flight access to Europe.

9. Coach Q. :naughty:

10. Did I mention money, and lots of it?

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Damn straight.

The difference between Panarin at 12 and 10 per can be made up churning one relatively marginal roster spot elsewhere. You basically can’t overpay true stars in this market. The mistake is paying second and third tier players like elite ones.

yep. need to avoid the Zuccarello's of the world like the plague.

pay your stars. let the youth fill in the gaps.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I think we will be going all in on Panarin. Having Q (if that happens)will be a huge plus for us. If that fails look for us to make a major play for an elite forward. Flyers are not going to sit back with all the cap room we have I just don't see it. With how deep our prospect pool already is you could see us make a major move for an RFA as well if Panarin deal doesn't happen. This is a massive off season for this org. We can thank Hexy for that (too bad he was too stubborn or he'd be the one calling the shots). We have a ton of cap room.... a ton

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
I hope Fletcher is able to lock up Provorov, Sanheim, and Konecny before the draft so the cap situation is more concrete. Maybe even get Patrick and Myers to agree in principle to extensions before July 1. Then he'll know exactly how high he can bid for Panarin not only for next year but the next several years.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
It depends on what Panarin really wants, I mean honestly I think what he was saying was basically the opposite of Columbus, I’m getting on board with paying him $12 mil/per, what other teams can offer him that much? With an up and coming team and a good-great future goalie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad