Panarin

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
Maybe we can get this guy to put in a good word about Philly.

tumblr_m1448lMZ881r0cnzno1_250.gif

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I have no idea where you’re getting any of the information you’re basing your theory around, and honestly I’m struggling to even figure out what you’re talking about. But it seems that your conclusion is that $10.5M is fine, but the extra $1.5M per year is going to devestate them in this future Cap Armageddon you’re predicting. That doesn’t seem really logical to me.
I am personal friends with one of the lawyers that worked on the last CBA representing the NHL side on there last deal. He also happen to have been Panarin's agent but will not be representing him on this new contract because of Russian family interest and i will leave it at that . Do you know what escrow is do you know what league related revenues are any idea how the two coralate . Bring it on , and if you don't think 1.5 mil per year don't make a big difference try adding to your roster to try and put you over the top at the trade deadline on a contending year with 1.5 mil less . Short term it might made little difference but long term it can make a huge difference . You don't over pay just for the sake of overpaying and think it won't have lasting effects .

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
I am personal friends with one of the lawyers that worked on the last CBA representing the NHL side on there last deal. He also happen to have been Panarin's agent but will not be representing him on this new contract because of Russian family interest and i will leave it at that . Do you know what escrow is do you know what league related revenues are any idea how the two coralate . Bring it on , and if you don't think 1.5 mil per year don't make a big difference try adding to your roster to try and put you over the top at the trade deadline on a contending year with 1.5 mil less . Short term it might made little difference but long term it can make a huge difference . You don't over pay just for the sake of overpaying and think it won't have lasting effects .

The Flyers would be in the same situation as everyone else if a lockout or cap retraction happen at some point. I haven’t seen any reports that the league isn’t on solid financial footing or headed for some epic retraction, so until then, I’ll take my chances on trying to make the team better.

And yes, it is my contention that $1.5m makes very little difference, short or long term, if you’re not screwing yourself over with Macdonald/Lehtera type contracts. As Tripod stated before, the reason you build depth in the organization through the draft is to be able to allow middling players to leave when it’s time for them to get paid and replace them with guys on ELC’s. That’s how you stay able to pay your stars.

No one wants to overpay for the sake of overpaying Panarin. They want to pay what it takes to get him here.

Reactions: Tripod

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Lebrun reported that there were teams who told him they were comfortable operating with about $500K in cap space.

We actually made the playoffs in one of those years where they had to put Pronger on LTIR.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
The Flyers would be in the same situation as everyone else if a lockout or cap retraction happen at some point. I haven’t seen any reports that the league isn’t on solid financial footing or headed for some epic retraction, so until then, I’ll take my chances on trying to make the team better.

And yes, it is my contention that $1.5m makes very little difference, short or long term, if you’re not screwing yourself over with Macdonald/Lehtera type contracts. As Tripod stated before, the reason you build depth in the organization through the draft is to be able to allow middling players to leave when it’s time for them to get paid and replace them with guys on ELC’s. That’s how you stay able to pay your stars.

No one wants to overpay for the sake of overpaying Panarin. They want to pay what it takes to get him here.
You always have to over pay when it comes to UFA's it's the highest bidder .
The league is not in finantial problems cause of the way escrow is set up . Last year escrow was at 15 percent so 80 mil cap minus 15 percent escrow is 68 mil in league related rev per team . Players union keep wanting to push the cap us and the NHL says okay cause they will just keep raising the escrow . Escrow use to be 5-6 percent and has risen 10 percent lately cause league related rev have not risen near as much as the cap . league is hoping they could get an little extra boost in rev from the new gambling laws and will get more money from Seattle but if the Salary cap rises faster than league related rev they will just raise escrow more to claw back salaries . Trust me shi double T is going to hit the fan on the next CBA with this and signing bonus feascial . The Toronto Maple Leaf caused problem .

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
Hire coach Q. Send some assets to LVK for Gusev. Recruit the hell out of Panarin. Throw together a line of Gusev-Couturier-Panarin

MasksAreForSlaves

May 12, 2017
Connecticut, USA
I'd have to consider moving Jake out, in order to justify signing Panarin. We have emerging young forwards like Patrick, TK, Oskar as well as grade A prospects turning pro next year (Frost & Ratcliffe).

Get Q as coach, acquire Duncan Kieth to give the defense corp a steady veteran presence (at a very reasonable cap hit).

Reactions: TheKingPin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
And we can't loose Couts either. That's why JVR and Jake could be goners around that time.
Yeah, obviously I want him to stay too, but Couts isn't going to be 34 years old when his contract ends so he's not in the same danger.

I'm just saying I hope Giroux is still good enough to be worth another contract here when his current one is done, that way he can end his career here. It'd suck if he was Simmonds-like where he was obviously getting worse, we have no room for him, and he's allowed to go somewhere else so we don't get stuck with a bad contract.

Reactions: Tripod

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Wow, a lot of sturm und drang over a relatively small, hypothetical difference in Panarin's cap hit. And we're not even at the point where the Flyers are on his short list.

Most folks here have a very good grasp of the salary cap, league revenues, escrows and the Flyers' position vis-a-vis the cap.

Fortunately, we're in a pretty good position in that regard (thanks, Hexy) and are able to enjoy thinking about the Flyers actually having an ability to make a run at a player of Panarin's quality.

I tend to be pretty conservative about contracts and the cap, but there are certain players (those who can make your team significantly better) who are worth stretching for. Panarin, with his skill, age, health, and compatibility with our needs, is one of them.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I think the Rangers and Panthers will have trouble getting Panarin under the cap.

The Panthers have $18M in projected cap space with 14 players under contract. The Rangers have $17.5M projected space with 17 players under contract. But the Rangers have Kreider as an UFA in 2021 and he'll be due a significant raise.

By contrast the Flyers have $32.6M in projected space.

Reactions: TheKingPin

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Here's the thing with ufas. They want financial stability and security. Im willing to give one or the other but the numbers start coming down as the years go up. 28 to 35 means 3 years good one year fair and 3 at increasingly worse. I'd rather do 12m for five than 10.5x7. I have the feeling someone is going 12x7 and thats bad. Stone got the extra year at the lower price but i think panarin doesn't hold up as well on the back end. I'd love to see him take a shocker deal to reunite with q at like 8 but its far from likely

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I'm guessing Panarin will be a bargain over the course of his deal if he signs for 7/$84M.

For one he'll likely be underpaid by year 3. Who knows what life after the next round of CBA strife will look like, but you have some big name UFAs coming up and a couple are likely to change teams. Taylor Hall next year, it's not often that a Hart winner hits the market -- it might be the first. Ovechkin the next year, then a bumper crop of Malkin, Subban, Giroux, Bergeron. If you think those names are impressive, consider the younger guys whose contracts are up that year - Gaudreau, Barkov and Forsberg, Rielly, Couturier. And then? You've got Auston Matthews' deal expiring, and McDavid suddenly being on the last year of his deal.

There's every likelihood we'll be looking at some $15M a year stars in 2024.

I'll take the over on 3 more good years from Panarin. I'd guess closer to 10 than 3.

You could consider Jaromir Jagr was just a freak, but there's also Teemu Selanne, who was scored a ppg at age 40; Mark Recchi, who was contributing to a Cup winner at 40; Mike Gartner, who was scoring 45 goals a year until he was 33 and stuck around a few more years scoring 30+; Martin St. Louis won an Art Ross at age 37.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
So pay him the second most money per year in the NHL . Yikes i'm glad you guys are on HF boards and not the GM of the Flyers . This is not MLB and there is a hard cap and Bread man is no where near the second best player in the NHL . He is 19th in league scoring with 71 points , Giroux has 68 makes about 8.5 , Wheeler 76 pts 8.25 Schiefle 72 pts 6.125 Nathan MacKinnion 82 pts 6.3 mil . Stamkos Gaudreau Kane and the list goes on .Panarin should sit around 9-10 mil and no more , if someone else wants to pay him more let them but make sure you drive them up them then they can worry about their cap problems they are going to have . I know you guys want him and that's okay i like him as well but just throwing stupid money at him now will kill ya later .
Going after Q don't count against the cap so if he is who they really want,then by all means go get him .

Well I don’t think he hits 12 mill. I’d be ok if he does but JT is more valuable so I think he comes in less than that. Anything less than JT is an easy yes. We are talking about being a cup contender next year with him.

I'd have to consider moving Jake out, in order to justify signing Panarin. We have emerging young forwards like Patrick, TK, Oskar as well as grade A prospects turning pro next year (Frost & Ratcliffe).

Get Q as coach, acquire Duncan Kieth to give the defense corp a steady veteran presence (at a very reasonable cap hit).

There’s no way I’d ever get Keith. But I could see us trading Voracek if need be. We are loaded with prospects that are going to have to play as time goes on and contracts build. I’m not saying this offseason but maybe down the line.

Between the draft, UFA and a new coach this offseason will be more exciting than a potential playoff round which is saying something.

Imagine getting Hughes, Panarin, and Q lol. We could honestly win the cup every year for the next 5 years with that.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Panarin Girouxikov Konechnikov
Lindblominov Couturinov Voracekov
JVRov Patrickov Frostyev
Laughtinov Misha Hartmanov
NAKov

Ivan Ghostov
Sandyev Gudastov
Morinov Myersyev
AMacova

Hartkin
Talbot (Have to have at least one non-russian on the team).

Konechnikov is a dope name.

Reactions: BernieParent

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I wouldn't say it's a mismatch but Panarin is appreciably better than Tavares.
I didn’t say better. He’s more valuable. He’s a center and their production has been around the same so it goes to JT. JT looked like he was going crush his career high but he’s back to normal while playing with good linemates. Panarin has always had some very good linemates.

Reactions: Curufinwe

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Panarin's more valuable too. There's McDavid, Kucherov, Crosby, maybe Matthews ... I've run out of guys who are better offensive players. Panarin's an elite play-driver as well. PLD and Atkinson are terrific but neither one is Mitch Marner.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I didn’t say better. He’s more valuable. He’s a center and their production has been around the same so it goes to JT. JT looked like he was going crush his career high but he’s back to normal while playing with good linemates. Panarin has always had some very good linemates.

There’s no difference between better and more valuable in this context.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It's not like Tavares spent the last few years with the Islanders with plugs either. We remember the 100+ Minutes he spent with names like Kulemin and Chimera, but in his previous 3 seasons, he spent more time at 5v5 on the ice with both Bailey and Lee than away from them.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Panarin's more valuable too. There's McDavid, Kucherov, Crosby, maybe Matthews ... I've run out of guys who are better offensive players. Panarin's an elite play-driver as well. PLD and Atkinson are terrific but neither one is Mitch Marner.
You must be Panarin's new agent and working his contract cause i can think of a pile of guys that are as good or better offensivily . Drasit Sheif Wheeler Marner Kane MacKinnion Rant Segin Hall Gaudreau Girioux and i can keep going . He is good no doubt but you are over inflating his tires .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad