Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
The bread restaurant? All those carbs aren't good for you :sarcasm:

IMG_0409.JPG

Munch89

Jul 4, 2018
From the press releases that have followed him all season, it seems like he wants to go to a Hockey City, is not planning on taking a discount, and wants to play on a team with more Russian players on it (I believe bob might be the only one in Columbus, and it looks like he is leaving)

If the flyers make a run for him, we may have quite the chance.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm sure the Flyers will try, but I think Panarin wants the glitz and glamour of not just a hockey city, but...a glitz-and-glamour type city and that's not here.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I'm not even considering the possibility of signing Panarin or EK. They are good players but to sign them will take so much money that the Flyers would be strapped for cap space PDQ. The young guys are going to cost a lot of money in a hurry. The whole idea under the CBA, when it was signed, that RFAs would be players getting reasonable contracts and then hit the jackpots when they went UFA has been proven to be wrong. Offer sheets have killed that idea. Before the Flyers sign any expensive FA, they need to take care of Provorov, Sanheim and Konecny. It also looks like Hart and Myers might cost a nice chunk of change in the very near future. I don't want to see the Flyers get into a situation like the Leafs where they sign a big time FA and then have to sell off good young players to get under the cap.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm not even considering the possibility of signing Panarin or EK. They are good players but to sign them will take so much money that the Flyers would be strapped for cap space PDQ. The young guys are going to cost a lot of money in a hurry. The whole idea under the CBA, when it was signed, that RFAs would be players getting reasonable contracts and then hit the jackpots when they went UFA has been proven to be wrong. Offer sheets have killed that idea. Before the Flyers sign any expensive FA, they need to take care of Provorov, Sanheim and Konecny. It also looks like Hart and Myers might cost a nice chunk of change in the very near future. I don't want to see the Flyers get into a situation like the Leafs where they sign a big time FA and then have to sell off good young players to get under the cap.

They can easily afford it.

By the time we need more cap space for extensions, we will have other contracts dropping off.

Reactions: Tripod and klutch

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Does Bryce Harper choosing Philly make it more attractive to free agents in other sports? Serious question.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
They can easily afford it.

By the time we need more cap space for extensions, we will have other contracts dropping off.
As soon as a team has depth that is going to be costly, they can expect offer sheets coming at them for the good young players. The RFA offer sheet wars are about to begin. Smart teams are going to be ones that take care of their own first.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As soon as a team has depth that is going to be costly, they can expect offer sheets coming at them for the good young players. The RFA offer sheet wars are about to begin. Smart teams are going to be ones that take care of their own first.

We can afford our RFAs and to pay Panarin $12 million, as long we stop wasting money on terrible players. We are paying MacDonald and Lehtera nearly $10 million right now.

Reactions: Tripod

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Damn straight.

The difference between Panarin at 12 and 10 per can be made up churning one relatively marginal roster spot elsewhere. You basically can’t overpay true stars in this market. The mistake is paying second and third tier players like elite ones.

EXACTAMUNDO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad