Rumor: Panarin unwilling to re-sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If there's no news, he's definitely leaving. If there's a contract, it will be for too much or too long, if there's any two words in a sentence that can be taken out of context, they will be.
If there's no news, I'm pretty sure some people are going to full on panic.

Reactions: Viqsi

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I will get excited at some point early tomorrow when I remember about the meeting in France. I will think there is a x % chance we actually get good news. I will open up Porty's twitter and probably be upset.

If there's a contract, it will be for too much or too long

If there's a contract. I will hit the damned ceiling and cry with joy. Sometime later in the summer I might look at the price tag.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Is Chelyabinsk part of Siberia? I almost called Bob and Artemi "Our Siberians" the other day, and then I realized I don't know if Chelyabinsk is typically included in Siberia. It's east of the Urals but close enough to them.
Technically it's on the border of Urals and Siberia, but no one will refer to you as a siberian if you're from Chelyabinsk, so yeah it's Urals. I think American jokes about midwest are similar to people in Urals. :)

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If there's no news, he's definitely leaving. If there's a contract, it will be for too much or too long, if there's any two words in a sentence that can be taken out of context, they will be.
Can you really go too much and too long for a player like him? 8 years and 9 million is a no brainer IMO. Kucherov probably set a benchmark comparable since he has more of a history with 3 30 goal seasons and 1 1oo point season under his belt.

Reactions: CPTN71

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Can you really go too much and too long for a player like him? 8 years and 9 million is a no brainer IMO. Kucherov probably set a benchmark comparable since he has more of a history with 3 30 goal seasons and 1 1oo point season under his belt.

Kucherov gave Tampa a big discount.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Kucherov gave Tampa a big discount.
He's still the 3rd highest paid RW in the NHL for the 19-20 season as it stand now. Only Patrick Kane and Ovechkin have higher cap hits. Capfriendly has nobody listed at LW with a cap hit higher than 9.5 (Ovechkin and Jamie Benn)

We know Panarin's potential but both of those players have a stronger body of work. Sure you could go to 10 on him and I wouldn't be mad but people who play C seem to be the ones that make the huge bucks.

That being said, if he hit the open market, somebody would probably pay 11 for him.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If there's no news, I'm pretty sure some people are going to full on panic.

I guarantee there will be no news tomorrow. Other than the meeting starts and ends and "it went well. We had a good discussion." or something of the sort. Jarmo and Milstein may decline comment. We'll see. But I bet nothing significant comes out to the media tomorrow.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I guarantee there will be no news tomorrow. Other than the meeting starts and ends and "it went well. We had a good discussion." or something of the sort. Jarmo and Milstein may decline comment. We'll see. But I bet nothing significant comes out to the media tomorrow.

For sure - even if there is some kind of breakthrough it will take a lot longer than one meeting to iron out the details, and they'll stay tight-lipped about it. And there is probably no breakthrough.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jarmo Kekalainen will meet with winger Artemi Panarin and agent Dan Milstein Monday in France as the three discuss Panarin’s reluctance — so far — to discuss a long-term contract extension with the Blue Jackets.

Panarin is on vacation in Nice, France, with teammate Sergei Bobrovsky.

It’s not known whether Kekalainen, Columbus’ general manager, will meet with Bobrovsky as well.

The Jackets have made known they are willing to sign Panarin — who led the team with 27 goals and 82 points last season — to the NHL-maximum eight seasons. Panarin could make as much as $11 million per season on a new deal.

In June, it came out that Panarin had rebuffed Columbus’ first offer, telling the Jackets he wasn’t willing to negotiate a long-term contract with the team “at this time.”

It’s believed the Jackets offered $9 million per season initially.

Blue Jackets | Panarin's reluctance to sign prompts visit from Kekalainen

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Well JR is not in synch with his agent it seems.

Look at it this way, I don’t even know what they’re going to offer. I’ve read some comments that this is the agent’s work, that we’re holding out to get the most money out of them, but it isn’t. I think they’d give him 11 million dollars if he really wanted it. But I haven’t even discussed anything with them. I’ve seen reports of $9 million to $10 million.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I think the Jackets can go as high as 11 mill and not screw up the cap in the near term. I don't think they will have to if he is willing to sign with them. My guess would be 10 million. Hopefully it comes down to $. That can be achieved.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I think the Jackets can go as high as 11 mill and not screw up the cap in the near term. I don't think they will have to if he is willing to sign with them. My guess would be 10 million. Hopefully it comes down to $. That can be achieved.
I kind of expect it will take $11 million or even more.

FWIW, I do think he will re-sign.

Reactions: CBJSTH

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
Sounds like he isn't making any demand. That seems to be a strong sign that price doesn't matter. If true, he is probably on the way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad