TSN: Panarin tops 2019 Free Agent Frenzy class

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
1. No to Huberdeau, he is an untouchable.

2. If Hoffman is moved, it will be for a top 4 Dman.

Friedman threw out the names of Yandle and Hoffman when discussing the Panthers moving salary. He also made it sound like Trocheck, Barkov, and Huberdeau are safe. Not sure about Dadonov though.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
True, but if Dater is to be believed, then that mutual interest at least somewhat exists. Panarin's agent took in some Avs playoff games, as well. And there's a strong Russian community in Denver. Not saying there's anything there, but I do think the possibility exists that he could sign with the Avs. Sakic would likely need to sell him harder on our city than Tallon would on Miami, though.
When one random local writer is the only one running with a story, most likely it isn’t true. None of the main talking heads have the Avs in the race to sign panarin. Could something crazy happen and he does have interest? Sure. But I wouldn’t count on it as an Avs fan.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Friedman threw out the names of Yandle and Hoffman when discussing the Panthers moving salary. He also made it sound like Trocheck, Barkov, and Huberdeau are safe. Not sure about Dadonov though.

Was that something recent, or what was said a couple of weeks back?

Yandle would be tough because he has a NTC, plus he is our PP QB.

Hoffman is the most likely, especially if they get Panarin. I really would like Hoffman to stay, but if we are going to address the blue line, then someone will probably have to go.

Doubt Dadonov goes anywhere, and signing Panarin would result in the opposite of Hoffman. Dadonov is friends with Panarin, and they are former teammates.

Reactions: BHD

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Bob is gone.

Assuming Panarin leaves, I believe Duchene stays
Tbh, why does Duchene stay if your #1 goalie and your top 5 winger are leaving?

The dude wants to win and the lack of picks/all that's given up has put CBJ in a pretty bad situation

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I like that you put this together. I'm going to guess that Meyers does not go back to Winnipeg just because of the cap space issues. I would think that Columbus would go after Varlamov when Bob walks.

The list looks go though.

Myers will not be retained, likely.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Panarin - Florida
EK - San Jose
Bob - Florida
Duchene - Habs
Skinner - Detroit
Lee - Isles
Pavelski - San Jose
Nelson - Isles
Myers - Winnipeg
Zuc - Dallas
Edler - Buffalo
NyQuist - Edmonton
Eberle - Columbus
Ferland - Carolina
Gardiner - Habs
Dzingel - Columbus
Hayes - Colorado

Why is Detroit throwing $8M+ at a winger when it's the one position they're strong in?

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Considering age and injury history, I'd take Panarin over EK easily.

Also, with Holland coming onboard I think he signs either Nyquist or Vanek this summer. Maybe Eberle if he wants to come back on a team friendly deal. Possibly guys like Tanev, Donskoi.

They are one year different and also on the Oilers you would take Panarin over Karlsson? Thats absurd.

Its ridiculous to have Panarin ranked ahead of Karlsson.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Do Panirin and Bobrovsky realize that the Panthers are a joke of a team that would suck even if they both signed there?

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Colorado will go hard after Panarin. If they don't get him, I'm hoping they can pick up Hayes + another secondary winger, like Ferland or Donskoi.

I don't see Colorado doing something like Panarin. They have cap space now but when they pay Rantanen, and then in a couple years Girard and Makar, and then eventually MacKinnon, that'll still be within the 7 years Panarin would get. They'll target second line players cause their first line is solid and young.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Agreed, but they'll still make a heavy push. Sakic has to do something about the lack of true secondary scoring on the team this summer.
Eh...they'll be fine. At least they've got primary scoring. And Makar will start chipping in from the back end.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Do Panirin and Bobrovsky realize that the Panthers are a joke of a team that would suck even if they both signed there?
Their D is that bad? Because goaltending is fixed with Bob and their fwd seem good with Panarin?

razor ray

May 8, 2011

Being a multi-millionaire in your 20s and living in Miami would definitely stink. Not even Lebron would dumb enough to pick Miami in Free Agency.

Reactions: Drumman44

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I want the Wild to sign Karlsson. We'll have the highest scoring Blue line in history. Who needs forwards, anyway? Flighty bastards.

Reactions: benedictTavares

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I don't see Colorado doing something like Panarin. They have cap space now but when they pay Rantanen, and then in a couple years Girard and Makar, and then eventually MacKinnon, that'll still be within the 7 years Panarin would get. They'll target second line players cause their first line is solid and young.
They’ve got cap coming off the books and are already well under the cap. Sakic has set the team up incredibly well with the cap, and he needs to take advantage of having MacKinnon on such a cheap deal. Just need to make sure he targets the right UFAs, at this point, and give them deals that fit within the long-term plan.

Reactions: Mac Attack

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Was that something recent, or what was said a couple of weeks back?

Yandle would be tough because he has a NTC, plus he is our PP QB.

Hoffman is the most likely, especially if they get Panarin. I really would like Hoffman to stay, but if we are going to address the blue line, then someone will probably have to go.

Doubt Dadonov goes anywhere, and signing Panarin would result in the opposite of Hoffman. Dadonov is friends with Panarin, and they are former teammates.

The April 10th edition of his 31 Thoughts podcast. Him and Jeff Marek were spitballing, but I don't think Friedman would suggest a name if he didn't think it was plausible. Going back over the episode, Yandle sounded more like just a name being thrown out there while Hoffman sounded more likely. Again, they were going over how the Panthers could bring in Panarin and/or Bob without having to give up too much talent.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Other than the fact I believe he will resign with SJ, I would rate Erik Karlsson #1

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Oh but that’s where you’re wrong buddy. They shoot us right into the playoffs. Adding Q was huge. Continue to live in the past though.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
The April 10th edition of his 31 Thoughts podcast. Him and Jeff Marek were spitballing, but I don't think Friedman would suggest a name if he didn't think it was plausible. Going back over the episode, Yandle sounded more like just a name being thrown out there while Hoffman sounded more likely. Again, they were going over how the Panthers could bring in Panarin and/or Bob without having to give up too much talent.

Yeah, I heard that one. I figured we were thinking about the same podcast.

They can create the cap space needed to add the duo, and a piece on defense, without getting rid of much talent. The problem is, it looks like Luongo wants to come back for one more season, even it is as a backup. If we can LTIR him, and move Reimer, those two moves alone free up over $8 million in cap space.

Reactions: BHD

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4