TSN: Panarin tops 2019 Free Agent Frenzy class

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Agreed, but they'll still make a heavy push. Sakic has to do something about the lack of true secondary scoring on the team this summer.
Yea but there has to be reciprocal interest for the Avs to do anything. Sakic can’t do anything if his answer to how far to the nearest ocean is a 3 hour plane ride.

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Has Stralman been that bad, where Coburn is ranked over him?

It's mostly injury concerns with him, but there's also been a noticeable decline in his play the last two years. I would still like the Lightning to re-sign him though, all things considered.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
That's some primo talent available. Some teams are about to get a nice boost.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Yea but there has to be reciprocal interest for the Avs to do anything. Sakic can’t do anything if his answer to how far to the nearest ocean is a 3 hour plane ride.
True, but if Dater is to be believed, then that mutual interest at least somewhat exists. Panarin's agent took in some Avs playoff games, as well. And there's a strong Russian community in Denver. Not saying there's anything there, but I do think the possibility exists that he could sign with the Avs. Sakic would likely need to sell him harder on our city than Tallon would on Miami, though.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Bob is gone.

Assuming Panarin leaves, I believe Duchene stays
That’s also doubtful. He wants a winning team and unless Jackets sign a couple top UFA, even signing Dutchy doesn’t guarantee it, so I think he will leave too.

That said. 3 out of 4 top UFAs are CBJ :cry:

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
No, he started the season great but struggled with injuries this year. Some Ligtning fans will tell you differently, but Stralman was sorely missed in the play offs.

Would he take a 1 year 2.5 million deal?

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Panarin - Florida
EK - San Jose
Bob - Florida
Duchene - Habs
Skinner - Detroit
Lee - Isles
Pavelski - San Jose
Nelson - Isles
Myers - Winnipeg
Zuc - Dallas
Edler - Buffalo
NyQuist - Edmonton
Eberle - Columbus
Ferland - Carolina
Gardiner - Habs
Dzingel - Columbus
Hayes - Colorado

I like that you put this together. I'm going to guess that Meyers does not go back to Winnipeg just because of the cap space issues. I would think that Columbus would go after Varlamov when Bob walks.

The list looks go though.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Panarin - Florida
EK - San Jose
Bob - Florida
Duchene - Habs
Skinner - Detroit
Lee - Isles
Pavelski - San Jose
Nelson - Isles
Myers - Winnipeg
Zuc - Dallas
Edler - Buffalo
NyQuist - Edmonton
Eberle - Columbus
Ferland - Carolina
Gardiner - Habs
Dzingel - Columbus
Hayes - Colorado

Gardiner to Habs... I doubt very much.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Good luck with that, All signs are that both Bobrovsky and Panarin are South Florida bound. Panarin and Dadonov were childhood friends and Dadonov will convince Breadman to come to sunny Florida.
Thank you? I don’t see what the big deal about saying Sakic is going to pursue him pretty hard. I’m not saying that he’s going to come to Colorado, but it would be a pretty damn good place for him to sign, in my opinion.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Feel bad for CBJ.
Why? They have known that both Bobrovsky and panarin were leaving at the end of the season since last September. Knowing this, kakalainen went all in anyway, not only keeping both players but paying a huge price for duchene at the deadline. Not only are they going to lose both Russians, they will now have to hope they can sign Duchene and pay a first round pick to do it. If they do sign him, they risk being this year’s Ottawa Senators.

They did this to themselves by going all in while knowing that even with a cup win, it was going to end like this. It was a foolish decision from the start and now it is time to pay for it.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
Why? They have known that both Bobrovsky and panarin were leaving at the end of the season since last September. Knowing this, kakalainen went all in anyway, not only keeping both players but paying a huge price for duchene at the deadline. Not only are they going to lose both Russians, they will now have to hope they can sign Duchene and pay a first round pick to do it. If they do sign him, they risk being this year’s Ottawa Senators.

They did this to themselves by going all in while knowing that even with a cup win, it was going to end like this. It was a foolish decision from the start and now it is time to pay for it.

No it was the sensible thing to do. When it is difficult to attract good players to play for the organisation, you might as well go for it when you already have them. Most of their players are in the 23-25 year range. If they had assembled more picks, these players would have hit UFA before the picks had turned into good players. Deja vu. Just a terrible cycle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad