TSN: Panarin tops 2019 Free Agent Frenzy class

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Bergevin should try to get both Panarin and Duchene. Duchene loved the Habs as a kid, Panarin would love the city life. Add a LHD to this and we'll talk about a seriously dangerous team.

Still, I don't believe Bergevin has the balls to do it. He'll settle for hot garbages as usual.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Bergevin should try to get both Panarin and Duchene. Duchene loved the Habs as a kid, Panarin would love the city life. Add a LHD to this and we'll talk about a seriously dangerous team.

Still, I don't believe Bergevin has the balls to do it. He'll settle for hot garbages as usual.

Duchene loved the Avs as a kid, not sure where you’re getting he loved the Habs?

Also I think the Breadman wants either hot beaches or amazing night life and while Montreal is nice, don’t know if it competes with NY

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
They are one year different and also on the Oilers you would take Panarin over Karlsson? Thats absurd.

Its ridiculous to have Panarin ranked ahead of Karlsson.
We have a lot of good d prospects, a lot. Guys like Bouchard, Samurukov, Jones, Bear, Lagesson. One of Bouchard or Samurukov should be a top pair dman. And the other along with Jones should be a top 4 guy. Our d prospects are by far our biggest strength in the system.

Adding Panarin would be massive. Having Panarin on the 2nd line behind McDrai on the 1st is a complete nightmare for the opposition. Not to mention Karlsson's injuries seriously impacting his play this past year, especially defensively.

I'd sign Panarin over Karlsson 9 times out of 10, but it's a moot point since we don't have the cap and they likely wouldn't even come here.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Duchene loved the Avs as a kid, not sure where you’re getting he loved the Habs?

Also I think the Breadman wants either hot beaches or amazing night life and while Montreal is nice, don’t know if it competes with NY

I thought I read Panarin wants a city that will benefit his girlfriends modelling career; New York, South Florida or L. A.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Do Panirin and Bobrovsky realize that the Panthers are a joke of a team that would suck even if they both signed there?

Huberdeau - Barkov - Dadonov
Panarin - Trocheck - Vatrano

What a joke of a top six. What would happen in they found a way to keep 30 goal scorer Hoffman??? You are talking about relegation bad. LMAO

Reactions: majormajor

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I thought I read Panarin wants a city that will benefit his girlfriends modelling career; New York, South Florida or L. A.
Naw. He said that was nonsense. He wants the beach life because he loves the beach.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal

We'll never know if we never try at least. Worths a shot

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Early guesses:

Panarin - $11m x 7 - Rangers
Karlsson - $10.5m x 7 - Dallas
Duchene - $8.5m x 8 - Columbus
Bobrovsky - $8m x 8 - Florida
Skinner - $7.5m x 7 - Dallas

Pavelski - $7m x 2 - San Jose
Lee - $6m x 8 - Islanders
Hayes - $6m x 5 - Colorado
Gardiner - $5.5m x 6 - Montreal
Myers - $5.5m x 5 - Detroit

Zuccarello - $5.5m x 5 - Columbus
Nelson - $5m x 5 - Minnesota
Nyquist - $5m x 5 - New Jersey
Ferland - $5m x 5 - Carolina
Edler - $5m x 4 - Vancouver

Eberle - $4.5m x 4 - Buffalo
Dzingel - $4.5m x 4 - Arizona
Donskoi - $4m x 5 - Edmonton
Johansson - $4m x 4 - Chicago
B. Tanev - $3.25m x 4 - Edmonton

Connolly - $3.5m x 4 - Islanders
C. Wilson - $3m x 4 - Boston
Coburn - $3m x 2 - Florida
Simmonds - $3m x 1 - Philadelphia
Hainsey - $2.5m x 1 - Toronto

Edit: I could also see Philadelphia going after Ferland, Carolina getting Nyquist, and New Jersey getting Simmonds.

Last edited:

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Panarin/Bob to Florida.

Karlsson stays put in SJ.

Rest is hard to say... I think Duchesne leaves CLB, but not sure for where. He clearly is going to want to see what is out there as the best C on the market. He is going to get paiiiiid... too much.

Duchene could fit nice in the Flyers top 6, especially if they trade Voracek and/or Ghost.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Early guesses:

Skinner - $7m x 7 - Dallas

Simmonds isn't going back to the Flyers, especially at that price.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Simmonds isn't going back to the Flyers, especially at that price.

I'm not sure what you mean, you think they wouldn't take him back?

I think Simmonds might be the one to get stuck without a dance partner this summer, and end up signing a cheap one year deal, sort of like Maroon did.

What are the Flyers plans this summer? With the new GM do you think they'll go after Ferland?

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
The Devils are a joke of a team. Better get used to picking 1st overall for a while.

Yeah, we're a total joke. I mean we've only won 2 cups in the past 20 years...compared to the Panthers who haven't won a single playoff series. I don't think there is a pro sports franchise anywhere in the world that's as big of a disgrace as your team.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Yeah, we're a total joke. I mean we've only won 2 cups in the past 20 years...compared to the Panthers who haven't won a single playoff series. I don't think there is a pro sports franchise anywhere in the world that's as big of a disgrace as your team.

Lol 20 years. Is that the threshold?

You have one player worth a damn on your team. ONE!

And you easily have a bottom 3 in forwards, defense, and goaltending. Congrats. I hope your #1 pick blows harder than Yakupov.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Lol 20 years. Is that the threshold?

You have one player worth a damn on your team. ONE!

And you easily have a bottom 3 in forwards, defense, and goaltending. Congrats. I hope your #1 pick blows harder than Yakupov.

LOL. Brilliant analysis buddy. How many tide pods did you eat before making it?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Early guesses:

Skinner - $7m x 7 - Dallas

Edit: I could also see Philadelphia going after Ferland, Carolina getting Nyquist, and New Jersey getting Simmonds.
No way Skinner is signing 7 to Dallas or he would already be signed to Buffalo. The guy wants to be close to Toronto and Dallas is the exact opposite of that, hes not gonna take a massively reduced pay to play in Dallas.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
No way Skinner is signing 7 to Dallas or he would already be signed to Buffalo. The guy wants to be close to Toronto and Dallas is the exact opposite of that, hes not gonna take a massively reduced pay to play in Dallas.

Okay maybe he'll get paid more. Keep in mind the 8% tax in New York State - there's no state income tax in Texas. I could see him going to Dallas for a bigger payday and to get a fresh start with a team that's further along.

What's the most Buffalo would pay him? Is it 8% higher than what Dallas would pay him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->