Proposal: Panarin to Boston because I’m bored

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Well, credit to you for offering a package CBJ would actually probably accept instead of a collection of mid-tier prospects/picks. I get your point regarding the age difference but Marchand's contract is too good, Boston wouldn't do this. Maybe if CBJ would consider taking on Backes' contract or at least part of it.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Well, credit to you for offering a package CBJ would actually probably accept instead of a collection of mid-tier prospects/picks. I get your point regarding the age difference but Marchand's contract is too good, Boston wouldn't do this. Maybe if CBJ would consider taking on Backes' contract or at least part of it.
Might be a year early on that one but ya, think a lot of Bruins fans might be on board with him leaving.

Sucks he got hurt last year so often. Hope he recovered well in the offseason

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017
Non-BOS fans from the division chiming in, not as "neutral" ones, to encourage doing that deal is telling a lot about Marchand's value.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, can't see the Bruins moving Marchand. Panarin would make for a good Bruin but I don't see anyone on the team they would move to get him.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Now I’m no bruins expert but would panarin for Pasternak or Debrusk + 1st work?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The first isn’t added to Pasternak. It would be a 1 for 1
@Sheppy

still a hell no

Pastrnak is only 22 and has back to back years of 34-36-70 (.93 ppg) and 35-45-80 (.98 ppg).

and just got locked down for 6.67 per year for 5 years.

Panarin, while damn good himself, is statistically equal to Pastrnak, 4 years older and will cost at least 2 mill per year more

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
With all due respect.....it's obvious where you've been bored.....
Lol ya.

I didn’t think it was completely out of whack though.

If anything it’s a year early. If Boston doesn’t have a good run this spring I can see changes coming in the summer.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Lol ya.

If anything it’s a year early. If Boston doesn’t have a good run this spring I can see changes coming in the summer.
You've had much better OP's and posts in the past......

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Even at 30, I get the feeling that Marchand is just getting started. Panarin's also a late bloomer, I think his best seasons are ahead of him. But you'd have to argue that Marchand is going downhill to justify the contract difference.

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
To be honest with you, this trade is not even close. Yes, trades could be on the way if they underperform but Marchand ain't the one going anywhere anytime soon.

Lol ya.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
To be honest with you, this trade is not even close. Yes, trades could be on the way if they underperform but Marchand ain't the one going anywhere anytime soon.
Can’t fall in love with players man. Ship em out before their decline. Not during.

Not for dog crap obviously. But a younger player putting up similar numbers? I don’t know. I’d think about it.

They have had no problems overpaying veterans in the past (Backes, Lapointe). Maybe spend a bit more on a high end guy instead?

What can it hurt? The one cup every 40 year run will still be there if it doesn’t pan out

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Josh Anderson is not just a throw in. I think Marchand for Panarin is pretty fair. Donato and a 2nd for Anderson sounds ok too.

But I still don't think the Bruins do this.

As a CBJ fan.. I think you’re overvaluing Andy here, bud. Donato’s potential >>> Andy’s potential.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
When was the last time that a player in the last year of his contract was dealt for a legit star player with term? I can't remember any, am I forgetting someone?. It is always picks/prospects/lesser players package deal. That seems to be what GMs are willing to pay for a 1 year player and that is what he is.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
This is junk, complete junk.

Marchand for Panarin straight up is bad, due to contract status.

Why are they adding Donato AND a 2nd? For Josh Anderson? Yikes.

member 157595

I would love for the Bruins to do this and I hate the Bruins. That should tell you whether or not it really makes sense for them.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I think the goal for Boston would be to have Panarin AND Marchand on the same team.

However, I truly do not see CLB trading Panarin this year, even at the threat of walking for nothing this summer. They have a legitimate chance to come out of the East this year with both Panarin and goalie Bob playing for their next contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad