Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Wasn't everyone saying from the beginning that the process would take two weeks? Didn't we just cross that timeline? With Covid Protocol and regulations it was always gonna be 2-3 weeks minimum. He's gone, it sucks. He'll come back when he can. Spiraling out of control with bullshit theories from an outsider perspective is ignorant.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
At the sixteen day mark, and with his teammates in obvious need of his assistance, this is becoming concerning. I've preferred to assume the best... much as I find it wise to do with the coaching staff and other people who know more about any given subject than I do. The duration of this LOA is starting to get a little weird, though, or so it seems. I'll say this much: whenever this situation is brought to a close, the explanations are going to need to be detailed, plausible and blameless.
Hate to say it but I very seriously doubt we’ll ever get a detailed explanation on this based on how quiet they’ve been about it so far.

Yes, he supposedly diagnosed a person via videos. AMAZING GIFT YOU HAVE. I will stick what players feels about the person, they all seem to like him.
Imo you could get a decent idea of someone’s diagnosis via video if you had a ton of it that showed a wide range of reactions to different things and thought processes. I’ve never seen a ton of anything from Panarin though, seems kind of quiet in public life

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Total conjecture, but could it be something financial related? Can be very sensitive. Unrelated, I think he was also very upset and vocal about the whole escrow/cap situation. He signed for 10 mil, and he's getting way less (like all other players) so finances might be a sore(r) subject for him

Rovad

Aug 27, 2018
Our last President was an idiot, so who gives a rat's ass.
Yours incumbent president can't even remember his defence secretary name;)Imagine there nuclear war and Joe asking his staff to call for "The Guy Who Runs that Outfit"

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Total conjecture, but could it be something financial related? Can be very sensitive. Unrelated, I think he was also very upset and vocal about the whole escrow/cap situation. He signed for 10 mil, and he's getting way less (like all other players) so finances might be a sore(r) subject for him

So his solutions to this would be to not play?

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Yours incumbent president can't even remember his defence secretary name;)Imagine there nuclear war and Joe asking his staff to call for "The Guy Who Runs that Outfit"
DrStrangeloveFINAL-880x590.jpg

Reactions: Synergy27

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

I’m not sure Joe has shown much of a memory for anything.
He would probably break out a Rolodex and start looking for Churchill’s number to warn him about the commies

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
So his solutions to this would be to not play?
As we speculate, the big question is actually "to what problem *his* solution would be to not play"?
It's hard to come up with too many (if any) believable reasons if you ask me.

BUT if it's not actually his decision.. There are some rather simple ones.

Though admittedly I'm not sure what to think re the "conflict with the org" hint in the last (and actually the only worthwhile) report.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
This thread is screaming "LOCK ME"!
Why is that? Are we all just supposed to sit here and wait for the organization to grace us with some information about what’s going on with our best and most expensive player?

I am completely sensitive to Panarin’s right to privacy, but like it or not, he is a public figure and one whose salary is paid for by fans of the team and league. While I don’t feel like us civilians are owed a detailed explanation about his personal life, I do indeed feel as though the team owes us the occasional high level update as to what’s going on and when we might expect this guy to be back.

As I said before, the silence is deafening. Artemi and the team are making this worse on themselves by keeping everything so hush hush. Speculation is obviously going to get out of control if people aren’t given any information at all.

Reactions: Bread4Life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad