Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBPA

Jul 1, 2004
No conspiracy guys. Zero. None.

It would hella interesting if there was some kind of amazing backstory to share. But there isn't.

No one should be surprised by this. The team wouldn't have gone out of its way to publish a statement in support of him.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Unfortunately there's in-shape and then there's game-shape.

The difference between the two can be surprising. But I don't think we're too far off hopefully.
I understood it with Kakko, who had not been skating for over 11 days because he was quarantined. He needed more than 1 session on ice before putting him back in. With Panarin (if I've understood it right) this has not been the case. He has been doing some skating, despite being away from the team. Also, he was not recovering from COVID. It's not the same thing.

But whatever, glad he's back. I hope his mere presence in the locker room is a cheer up for the boys to make a bounce-back effort against the Bruins.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Bag skate his butt for 2 or 3 days and back in he goes. Umless he's been on a Combos and large frie diet, I'd be shocked if he isn't playing by this weekend.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
why the secrecy then?? DQ just recently has been quoted as "we're talking with him but out of respect I'd keep that private". Doesn't make any sense

Because admitting he's in quarantine would infer that he went back to Russia. The Rangers were keen on keeping anything surrounding his situation confidential.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Unfortunately there's in-shape and then there's game-shape.

The difference between the two can be surprising. But I don't think we're too far off hopefully.
Yeah. Same thing in soccer — “healthy” vs “match fit”. Difference is definitely substantial.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
My friend wants him traded lol.
I agree...if we got a great Center back....I would drive him myself. He has about 3 good years left if we are lucky and it will be at least that before we see a Final....he may as well be gone now IMO ....we have the wingers now that will make up the offense soon enough ...but we need a Center . Nobody knew we would win 2 draft lotteries when he was signed . That changed it all .

Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I agree...if we got a great Center back....I would drive him myself. He has about 3 good years left if we are lucky and it will be at least that before we see a Final....he may as well be gone now IMO ....we have the wingers now that will make up the offense soon enough ...but we need a Center . Nobody knew we would win 2 draft lotteries when he was signed . That changed it all .
If not for the damn NTC, I’d trade him and a sweetener (age premium) for Eichel, though I’m not sure to what extent that sweetener would be offset by Eichel’s public desire to leave the Sabres.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Who needs ConsultingHumor and OverheardUpperEastSide when you have these gems right here. :laugh:
cdPfgyB7M-fIceCijtT3SO9wpvsfUW0VXQUZYD76gCZOJooqkWxS9Jitmj3R-gaZqDOL1f1N337ZXaGwstqmP4cZdncNuSWUdI2uBiI6DN0cs_2duopwdM5E5edfYKBa-WE1anTFnOOdYkRZRXQ8Iw37HZVIj5AHvfGjpw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad