Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I want him to say,

I did not do what I was accused of so I'm going to live my life and get back to playing hockey.

Or,

I made a horrible mistake when I was a young dumb 18 year old. I sincerely apologize. I'm going to do whatever I can to make this up to this girl. I'm also going to get back on the ice since I should not be paid while not playing.

Reactions: Daves a mess

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I want him to say,

I did not do what I was accused of so I'm going to live my life and get back to playing hockey.

Or,

I made a horrible mistake when I was a young dumb 18 year old. I sincerely apologize. I'm going to do whatever I can to make this up to this girl. I'm also going to get back on the ice since I should not be paid while not playing.

He already emphatically denied it. Why he isn't back yet is a bit puzzling.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Woa, hot takes galore
Should have kept his mouth shut anb not have critisized Putin's regime, huh? It is so easy to manipulate useful idiots in the west after all.
yaaawn.
I can speculate on what that might be: Rangers don't want Panarin voicing anymore political opinions.
Only if it's not #BLM #RESIST #RAPINOE4PRESDENT.

Last edited:

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Nah, take a look at big cities such as Moscow, St.Pete, Kazan, Yekaterinburg etc, younger people are different there already. However, the republics and the Far East are a long way to go still.
Russia is too damn big and diverse, and unfortunately poor in smaller places for people to change.

Its normal for bigger cities to have a percentage of the population that is generally more enlightened than average for the country. However it has always been the case nearly anywhere. Also in USSR btw.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
According to a very respectable Russian journalist covering NHL, Panarin is training in one of the Rangers practice arenas and he’s ready to play, but it’s Rangers that don’t activate him.

He says there seems to be a big disagreement between NYR and Panarin that’s NOT related to the Nazarov interview. He says he’s waiting for an official statement but this is not looking good.

Лысенков о Панарине: «Артемий ездит на занятия «Рейнджерс». Настроение обыкновенное. Депрессии не замечено»

I'd like to add that the opinions and sort-of-facts are mixed in the article and are rather vaguely worded.
Yet this is indeed the first take that deserves attention since this whole mess has started.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
According to a very respectable Russian journalist covering NHL, Panarin is training in one of the Rangers practice arenas and he’s ready to play, but it’s Rangers that don’t activate him.

He says there seems to be a big disagreement between NYR and Panarin that’s NOT related to the Nazarov interview. He says he’s waiting for an official statement but this is not looking good.

Лысенков о Панарине: «Артемий ездит на занятия «Рейнджерс». Настроение обыкновенное. Депрессии не замечено»

Bread appears to be a narcissist which is a serious development arrest issue that can't be healed. Wherever a narcissist appears: intrigues, division etc almost always follow. It wouldn't surptise me if his false ego was getting in the way of whatever is happening inside the team. Yes its speculative and all

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
In relative terms I mean
Lol I was saying it’s common in every society for cosmopolitan youth to view people in the countryside as knuckle-draggers; when there are many areas of life that cosmopolitan people are clueless about, that people in the countryside are experts on. I was just saying your post was kinda elitist and that it’s more nuanced than there being some underclass of society who are morons, and the all superior intellectuals of the city. It takes all sorts of people to make the world go round.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Lol I was saying it’s common in every society for cosmopolitan youth to view people in the countryside as knuckle-draggers; when there are many areas of life that cosmopolitan people are clueless about, that people in the countryside are experts on. I was just saying your post was kinda elitist and that it’s more nuanced than there being some underclass of society who are morons, and the all superior intellectuals of the city. It takes all sorts of people to make the world go round.

It wasnt its intention to be elitist or as black and white really

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Bread appears to be a narcissist which is a serious development arrest issue that can't be healed. Wherever a narcissist appears: intrigues, division etc almost always follow. It wouldn't surptise me if his false ego was getting in the way of whatever is happening inside the team. Yes its speculative and all
While I'll refrain from commenting on the substance of this hot take, I think it wouldn't hurt to remind everyone that Bread is and was universally liked and spoken very highly of both in terms of professionalism and personal qualities, pretty much wherever he's been playing.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
While I'll refrain from commenting on the substance of this hot take, I think it wouldn't hurt to remind everyone that Bread is and was universally liked and spoken very highly of both in terms of professionalism and personal qualities, pretty much wherever he's been playing.

I have a degree in psychology (and in something else as well) and Im able to spot certain traits and behaviours quite quickly. I can give examples of Bread's (very) narcissistic traits. Sometimes subtle one's.
'Being liked' and being a narcissist often go hand in hand. Not every narcissist is like Donald or lets say Kevin Spacey (who was also liked before his fall from grace) ;)

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I have a degree in psychology (and in something else as well) and Im able to spot certain traits and behaviours quite quickly. I can give examples of Bread's (very) narcissistic traits. Sometimes subtle one's.
'Being liked' and being a narcissist often go hand in hand. Not every narcissist is like Donald or lets say Kevin Spacey (who was also liked before his fall from grace) ;)
Which traits did you pick up on as being narcissistic? He did have a very rough upbringing (perhaps the most difficult path to the NHL of anybody) and grew up absolutely impoverished; which you’d think would humble people

Reactions: egelband

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
But what could be the argument about ? Everything was fine until the Nazarov interview ? Is it him not liking the NYR silencing his political statements ? Or that they forced him to take a leave of absence ?

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Similar to my requests to all the folks who funny have even a shred of concern over Laf and Kakko’s production, I humbly ask, how long can this continue with no news/movement before you change your mind? Do people here really still think that this guy is just off somewhere getting his personal life situated, whatever that means?

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Which traits did you pick up on as being narcissistic? He did have a very rough upbringing (perhaps the most difficult path to the NHL of anybody) and grew up absolutely impoverished; which you’d think would humble people

I will give you a detailed answer later today, its 6.17am here.

Harsh/poor upbringing humbles some people yet some of them lose it all once they have millions.

Panarin has shown highly unempathic elitist behavior on more than one occasion during his NHL career. More later

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Similar to my requests to all the folks who funny have even a shred of concern over Laf and Kakko’s production, I humbly ask, how long can this continue with no news/movement before you change your mind? Do people here really still think that this guy is just off somewhere getting his personal life situated, whatever that means?
I've been banging on about how this "he req'd a LOA cos he must be shaken to the core, besides having to rush home to save his fam from vlad's assasins" is complete self-invented nonsense from the get go.
US-based people seem to be so convinced of this with no perspective whatsoever on the matter, that I've given up arguing about this.
However the tide of popular opinions seems to start doubting this after all.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
I will give you a detailed answer later today, its 6.17am here.

Harsh/poor upbringing humbles some people yet some of them lose it all once they have millions.

Panarin has shown highly unempathic elitist behavior on more than one occasion during his NHL career. More later
You have to be a very self-confident psychologist to come out with statements like this.
Suffice to say, my impression and opinion on Bread's character can't be farther from this.
I can safely say, I wouldn't be able to come up with something like this based on what I (and the public in general) know about him.
But then again I can't boast a degree in psychology...

Yet, why would it even matter really, if his actions are likeable from afar? You don't claim to know him personally more than anyone here does, and his actions and words were always considerate and thoughtful. Don't think I care if they look like the words/actions of a narcissist to a trained psychologist.
However, I'm sort of curious what your detailed take would be.

Last edited:

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

Preach.

I grew up in a very small community surrounded by very small communities. I went to St. John's for university and found myself biting my tongue a lot at how people would use 'Baymen' or 'Baywop'. Then I moved to Alberta and now it's just 'Newfies'.

People love feeling superior to one another, but the reality is we're all just idiots trying to find a happy way through it all.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

To answer your question, I am starting to be a bit concerned right now. Can be all kind of explanations, any traveling takes a long time right now. But I would have guessed two weeks.

Unusual Suspect

Aug 22, 2005
Warren County, NJ
At the sixteen day mark, and with his teammates in obvious need of his assistance, this is becoming concerning. I've preferred to assume the best... much as I find it wise to do with the coaching staff and other people who know more about any given subject than I do. The duration of this LOA is starting to get a little weird, though, or so it seems. I'll say this much: whenever this situation is brought to a close, the explanations are going to need to be detailed, plausible and blameless.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
You have to be a very self-confident psychologist to come out with statements like this.
Suffice to say, my impression and opinion on Bread's character can't be farther from this.
I can safely say, I wouldn't be able to come up with something like this based on what I (and the public in general) know about him.
But then again I can't boast a degree in psychology...

Yet, why would it even matter really, if his actions are likeable from afar? You don't claim to know him personally more than anyone here does, and his actions and words were always considerate and thoughtful. Don't think I care if they look like the words/actions of a narcissist to a trained psychologist.
However, I'm sort of curious what your detailed take would be.
Yes, he supposedly diagnosed a person via videos. AMAZING GIFT YOU HAVE. I will stick what players feels about the person, they all seem to like him.

Reactions: Cmox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad