Rumor: Panarin 'reluctant' to sign with Columbus long-term

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
One of my all time favorite movies- Preston Sturges' "Sullivans Travels" made in the 40s.
Film director has a conversation with a producer about his last movie:.

Producer: It died in Pittsburgh.
Sullivan: Ah, what do they know in Pittsburgh.
Producer: They know what they like.
Sullivan: If they knew what they liked, they wouldn't live in Pittsburgh.

But back to the topic:

1. How does a team with less than $3m on the cap fit $6m?
2. Why does a player sign a new deal for an amount that is the same as his current deal, when the cap has gone up?

Oh because Pittsburgh won 2 seasons ago.

I just said what we will do? and I never said we will trade for him.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
That would really be too bad if they lost a great talent like that.
Between road trips and off season he should be able to balance things out.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Blues fan here. We feel your pain Columbus.

Find some motivated players who value the game and the team more than the location. Bonus if you can find players who are thankful for everyday they are blessed to play in the NHL.

And real leaders like David Backes and Barrett Jackman.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Don't get the desire to live in NYC. Seems odd, crowded....Hot summers...cold winters...

Panarin is going to LA. AKA the best city on earth.

paragon

May 5, 2010
Don't get the desire to live in NYC. Seems odd, crowded....Hot summers...cold winters...

In Panarin's case I think he likes those big cities because they have big Russian communities. Maybe he wants a Russian wife and can't find one from Columbus?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

LA is the least likely place, IMHO. How the heck are they gonna fit a $9mil cap hit in?

IIRC, he said LA, NYC, or Chicago. That said...Rangers is about the only logical place.

Reactions: BerlinBlueShirt

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
sad to see so many bashing my hometown and guessing not a single one ever drove through it...

the brewery scene, foodies love it, the golf...yes its more family oriented but if you've never been...save the typing...

Every city has great things about it, for sure.

If Panarin, after experiencing it, doesn’t like Columbus... well that’s not an uninformed opinion. If it’s just not his style, well it’s not.

I like Charlotte a lot. I didn’t like Nashville. I’m from the NYC area but would never move back unless I could afford to move to Manhattan. Those are my preferences. And everyone’s is different.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

NYC is an amazing place to live if wealthy, and NHLers rarely live in the city they play in the summer. There are exceptions, but for example, at the moment, guys like Scheifele, McDavid, Seguin, Stamkos, Subban, etc are Muskoka/Toronto based, same previously with Tavares. A bunch of other NHLers are based in regions like Kelowna or Lake of the Woods over the summer.

To each their own. I'd take NYC culturally over any other city in North America, if I could afford to live comfortably in Manhatten (which an NHLer making what Panarin will can) outside of potentially Toronto because it is home. But, I can see the argument for anywhere. Different things appeal to different people. I'd probably choose the Bay Area or Boston over LA or Miami, but I can easily see the appeal of those places for certain types of people.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Every city has great things about it, for sure.

If Panarin, after experiencing it, doesn’t like Columbus... well that’s not an uninformed opinion. If it’s just not his style, well it’s not.

I like Charlotte a lot. I didn’t like Nashville. I’m from the NYC area but would never move back unless I could afford to move to Manhattan. Those are my preferences. And everyone’s is different.

true, his perception...not uninformed interpretations on here...a difference

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad